Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 441 to 460 of 1,665

AuthorMessage

Wonder_Ideal

441. Posted:

It's not the look or lack of games that bothered me about the console, it's some of its features. Having to pay a fee to let someone else borrow a game seems like too much, and I don't like the idea of the Kinect "watching" me.

Edited on by Wonder_Ideal

Boom. Backlog.
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
Join NintyOnline Forums!
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

442. Posted:

It's carrying over negatives of a PC, and it's a very poor substitute for a PC at that. But, since it's for the television convenience, I guess it's not quite an undisputed dud.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage

banacheck

443. Posted:

Another subject left unmentioned during yesterday’s Xbox One unveiling is the question of Xbox Live Arcade and indie games. Microsoft has seemed to increasingly loose interest in both concepts over the last few years, and this has now culminated in the scrapping of Xbox Live Arcade and the refusal to allow indie developers to self-publish.

Instead all downloadable games will be lumped together in the new version of Xbox Marketplace and if an indie developer wants their game to appear there they’ll have to get a traditional publishing deal.

As you might imagine indie developers, never known for being slow to speak their minds, are not impressed with Microsoft’s attitude.

‘Let me tell you something: most indies I know already don’t want to publish on a Xbox console. publisher or no publisher’, tweeted FEZ creator Phil Fish. ‘Microsoft doesn’t care about indie developer’.

‘I tried to get excited about the xbox one, but failed’, chimed in Minecraft creator Markus ‘Notch’ Persson.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

banacheck

444. Posted:

What is it with microsoft and there obsession with always-on?

Microsoft's Marc Whitten made the company's position clear when he told Wired that developers won't be forced to incorporate always-on features but then added, "I hope they do." In other words, no persistent connection required this time around, but you better get used to the idea, and don't be surprised when it tops the feature list of the Xbox Two.

Full article: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124217-Microsoft-Of...

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

445. Posted:

I have nothing to add to this.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

MAB

446. Posted:

MAB

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

447. Posted:

You seriously need to connect online once a day? What happens if you don't?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

448. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

You seriously need to connect online once a day? What happens if you don't?

From what I've heard, you won't be able to play the games.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

449. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

From what I've heard, you won't plebe able to play the games.

why would you play games on your Xbox tv?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

450. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

From what I've heard, you won't be able to play the games.

why would you play games on your Xbox tv?

Because any idiot knows the XportsBox One wouldn't be complete without the Kinect Sports line of games. Geez.
That's the only reason the thing plays games at all.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

AuthorMessage

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

451. Posted:

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

452. Posted:

What if I don't have a TV?

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

453. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

What if I don't have a TV?

Well if you don't have a TV, all of the amazing TV watching capabilities TV of the Xbox TV One will be useless TV as how would TV work if you don't have a TV TV?

TVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTV

AuthorMessage

Peach64

454. Posted:

Activision might just have revealed the Xbox One launch date. COD: Ghosts commercial on at half-time during the Champions League final, specially saying the Xbox One version was out on November 5th.

Peach64

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

455. Posted:

If you own a 360, and are disappointed with Xbox One, here's a bright spot for you...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/05/25/microso...

AuthorMessage

Einherjar

456. Posted:

They cannot abandon the 360 for one simple reason:
Looking at the backlash the -359 got, the 360 will be their only money maker in the gaming sector.Microsoft is falling from one hole into the other. First they struggle with their PC operation systems (vista failed, got replaced with the much better 7, which got an unworthy successor much to quickly which will be replaced in a couple of months anyway....gosh) and now this.

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

457. Posted:

Einherjar wrote:

They cannot abandon the 360 for one simple reason:
Looking at the backlash the -359 got, the 360 will be their only money maker in the gaming sector.Microsoft is falling from one hole into the other. First they struggle with their PC operation systems (vista failed, got replaced with the much better 7, which got an unworthy successor much to quickly which will be replaced in a couple of months anyway....gosh) and now this.

The Xbox One will be fine. It'll have all the big third party games and Halo so if nothing else, the shooter-happy North American consumers will make the console a success. I still think of the two new consoles coming this year, PS4 will be the far better platform for gamers but I could see the Xbox console selling better again, especially since with the loss of MGS exclusivity, Sony no longer has a lockdown on the third party franchises that really helped make the brand the success it was in the PSone and 2 days.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

458. Posted:

I usually let everyone else post the memes and gifs, but I dug this one.

Only including a link because it shows the "f" word a couple of times...and the very end is violent.

http://i.minus.com/iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

459. Posted:

MetallicDonkey wrote:

I usually let everyone else post the memes and gifs, but I dug this one.

Only including a link because it shows the "f" word a couple of times...and the very end is violent.

TysonOfTime a couple days ago wrote:

Here's a GIF for all you good people.
(Strong Language)

Edited on by TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

MAB

460. Posted:

But you can always rely on the MAB to keep things fresh and up to date ;)

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by MAB

MAB