Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 441 to 460 of 11,914

banacheck

What is it with microsoft and there obsession with always-on?

Microsoft's Marc Whitten made the company's position clear when he told Wired that developers won't be forced to incorporate always-on features but then added, "I hope they do." In other words, no persistent connection required this time around, but you better get used to the idea, and don't be surprised when it tops the feature list of the Xbox Two.

Full article: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124217-Microsoft-Of...

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

TysonOfTime

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

You seriously need to connect online once a day? What happens if you don't?

From what I've heard, you won't be able to play the games.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

TysonOfTime

kkslider5552000 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

From what I've heard, you won't be able to play the games.

why would you play games on your Xbox tv?

Because any idiot knows the XportsBox One wouldn't be complete without the Kinect Sports line of games. Geez.
That's the only reason the thing plays games at all.

Midnight3DS

What if I don't have a TV?

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

TysonOfTime

Midnight3DS wrote:

What if I don't have a TV?

Well if you don't have a TV, all of the amazing TV watching capabilities TV of the Xbox TV One will be useless TV as how would TV work if you don't have a TV TV?

TVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTV

Peach64

Activision might just have revealed the Xbox One launch date. COD: Ghosts commercial on at half-time during the Champions League final, specially saying the Xbox One version was out on November 5th.

Peach64

Einherjar

They cannot abandon the 360 for one simple reason:
Looking at the backlash the -359 got, the 360 will be their only money maker in the gaming sector.Microsoft is falling from one hole into the other. First they struggle with their PC operation systems (vista failed, got replaced with the much better 7, which got an unworthy successor much to quickly which will be replaced in a couple of months anyway....gosh) and now this.

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

Gamer83

Einherjar wrote:

They cannot abandon the 360 for one simple reason:
Looking at the backlash the -359 got, the 360 will be their only money maker in the gaming sector.Microsoft is falling from one hole into the other. First they struggle with their PC operation systems (vista failed, got replaced with the much better 7, which got an unworthy successor much to quickly which will be replaced in a couple of months anyway....gosh) and now this.

The Xbox One will be fine. It'll have all the big third party games and Halo so if nothing else, the shooter-happy North American consumers will make the console a success. I still think of the two new consoles coming this year, PS4 will be the far better platform for gamers but I could see the Xbox console selling better again, especially since with the loss of MGS exclusivity, Sony no longer has a lockdown on the third party franchises that really helped make the brand the success it was in the PSone and 2 days.

Gamer83

Klimbatize

I usually let everyone else post the memes and gifs, but I dug this one.

Only including a link because it shows the "f" word a couple of times...and the very end is violent.

http://i.minus.com/iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

TysonOfTime

MetallicDonkey wrote:

I usually let everyone else post the memes and gifs, but I dug this one.

Only including a link because it shows the "f" word a couple of times...and the very end is violent.

TysonOfTime a couple days ago wrote:

Here's a GIF for all you good people.
(Strong Language)

Edited on by TysonOfTime

MAB

But you can always rely on the MAB to keep things fresh and up to date

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by MAB

MAB

theblackdragon

hey 'uncle MAB' (and this goes for the rest of you as well): do us a favor and please stop posting macros featuring profanity, obscene gestures, and anything else not considered 'family friendly'. i'm getting tired of having to wait for five or ten images to load fully and then watching them all through to see why they were reported in the first place. Thanks in advance!

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

RR529

Just saw a commercial for Destiny while watching WWE Monday Night Raw (surprised to see a commercial this far out).

It's interesting to note that Xbox One wasn't mentioned in the advert, yet PS4 was (in fact, it was the only platform mentioned). I wonder if this means it'll release on PS4 first, or if Sony has an advertising deal with it, like MS has with COD.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Peach64

Didn't they mention some kind of agreement at the PS4 reveal? I think it was for exclusive DLC or something, but it's not a stretch to assume they tied up am advertising deal too. We've not really seen enough for me to be excited about this one, but it's Bungie, and the first Halo was the first FPS I ever really enjoyed.

Peach64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic