Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 4,201 to 4,220 of 11,914

Grumblevolcano

It turns out the rumours about Xbox getting a mobile phone contract style subscription are real, Xbox All Access gives XB1X + Gold + Game Pass for a monthly fee.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal Right, you can also have XB1S + Gold + Game Pass for a lower monthly price.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

Man this is so tempting. $22 a month is such a good deal for what you're getting. Great news for Microsoft! Hope it's very successful for them

redd214

Grumblevolcano

The MCC update is out now, the update size is massive though. 73.7GB.

Grumblevolcano

ThanosReXXX

Untitled
@redd214 Go on.... do it... buy it... it calls you... master redd214 must answer.
Yesss.... his dark Lord Microsoft knows you want the precioussss....

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras That's great news!

@Grumblevolcano @redd214 That's not a great deal at all, at least looking at the 1X pricing. It's as good a deal as the Dark Souls "bundle". It's not a savings, you're merely financing it on an actual line of credit for 2 years.

35/mo * 24 months (X1X) =840 over 2 years.

X1X (often on sale at) $450
24mo XBLG: $120 (but can be cheaper on sales)
24mo GP: $240 (but can be cheaper on sales)

810. It's $30 more with "All Access". Not a savings just a "0% APR" 2 year plan. That's not like a cell contract, it's like a credit card.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano MCC update?! Yes! Any notes or screens of what it updates or adds?

73 GB?! For the update or the full install?!

NEStalgia

redd214

@ThanosReXXX LOL, the microsoft store is only 20 minutes away, hmmmmm...

@NEStalgia well imo it is, thats cool if you dont agree. We pay basically the same right now for Gamefly which is only 2 games at a time, have to wait for them in the mail, sometimes dont have what you want when you want etc. For the same monthly cost we would get 100+ games, a console and live access/savings. Granted its only one system and not access to many. With my sons birthday, anniversary, hosting 25 + family members for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, paying for Chirstmas itself, and an end of the year trip, disposable income isnt exactly at a premium to say the least atm. Having to only drop $22 over the next few months vs dropping several hundred is a much easier sell to the wife lol. For me personally I see it as a good deal.

Edited on by redd214

redd214

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano Pretty cool list. I've been waiting for LAN play since like 2005 I wish they showed screenshots of the graphics updates to compare. "We added HDR and 4k support" doesn't tell us much. I'm guessing there's texture packs given the size of the update, but I'd love to compare the difference. Amazing that ODST gets the updated graphics too, though. No reach, shame, but ODST mattered more to me anyway.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@redd214 LOL, well....yeah personally I'll never understand paying more in payments rather than less up front...but hey it's almost break even (for well qualified buyers, limitations may apply, ask associate for details, member FDIC, equal opportunity lender....) Compared to GameFly, yeah I suppose it's a good deal (assuming the Game Pass catalogue is a good match for you in contrast to GameFly. You get good stuff like Fallout, Forza Horizon 4, Sea of Thieves, TES Online....but....you also get Banjo 1, Soul Calibur 4, and Terraria.... Be sure to check that library compared to what you like to play.

Spousal approval, however, is beyond any numeric value.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia I completely agree with @redd214 that it's a great deal, and at the prices they stated, it most definitely does look like a smartphone-like contract to me.

Case in point: a couple of years ago, I paid around €40 a month for a new 2 year contract with my regular provider (Vodafone), including a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 64GB Edition, with a 2GB data bundle, unlimited texting and 240 minutes worth of call time per month.

If you add all that up, that too, is slightly more expensive than just taking a sim-only contract under the same conditions, and buying the phone separately, but seeing as quite a few people aren't able or willing to fork over almost €950 (which was the release day price over here) for a smartphone, such a 2 year contract is the only or best way to still get your hands on one.

And even half or less than half that is too much for some people, so these kinds of package deals are great for the people who want to play on Xbox One, but for whatever reason don't have the money or want to spend the money to buy one instantly. And of course, you'd also want to have some games to go with it, so having Xbox Live included in that deal, is even better.

And the paying more in payments is almost as old as the Bible: it's just interest. Much like what you would pay for a loan or credit from a bank, so it's nothing out of the ordinary. Companies obviously need to make sure that A. you're actually going to pay, and B. that they get something out of it that is worth the effort of postponing the "in full" payment of that which they have sold to you...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX It's not a "deal". A deal means paying less. This is financing. Financing is not a deal, financing is paying the same or more over a long time and getting it now using someone else's money. The absolute only difference between this and putting it on your credit card is 0% APR (which on some cards you might get as well.) And it's not actually 0% APR since it's more expensive, it's just factored differently.

It's not really an "XBox deal" It's a Dell Financial credit promotion co-branded with XBox.

Not knocking whether one may want to do this or not, my point is it's not a deal, it's the same financing a hundred banks worldwide were offering 48 hours ago in a different format And the idea of dinging your credit to buy an XBox seems a little silly, but that's beside the point

"Much like what you would pay for a loan or credit from a bank, so it's nothing out of the ordinary"
This IS credit from a bank. It's a limited time promotion from WebBank through Dell, through Microsoft Store. It's an actual line of credit from an actual bank to do nothing but buy an XBox.... Somewhere a store card is weeping.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@redd214 sigh et tu? See, this is the internet, if I don't use emojis after every sentence, people will think I'm arguing instead of applying my permanent sarcasm to everything

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal nope! Blp has that problem because he's British and has that droll sense of humor as well. I grew up on British comedy, so i inherited it. Without the facial animation of have to face that humor comes off as aggression in internet text

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Yeah, he's a real fan of those little yellow buggers, isn't he?

@NEStalgia package deal is just a label, not always a LITERAL meaning of something that's necessarily cheaper...

I should know: I've sold HP package deals for years, and they weren't really cheaper either, just more convenient, because they were all-in-one solutions, giving the client everything he needed, all in one bundle, without them having to search the entire catalog themselves, for stuff that was compatible or fitting with each other. The so-called "deal" was in the convenience, and in the customer service rendered.

And in this case as well, we all intellectually know that it's not a deal, much like with the smartphone example I gave, but for most people, it IS a relatively small amount of money each month, to be able to get your hands on it and enjoy it, no matter which way you try to look at it, and that is what's most important.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia

P.S.

Blp is no more: it's Knuckles-Fajita nowadays...

GrailUK

So after the 2 years, do you keep the console and get an option to upgrade? (Assuming the next gen is in 2 years time ofc)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic