Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 421 to 440 of 11,914

shingi_70

Jaz007 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

So is E3 going to make the Xbox One better?
Wii U is my primary and Sony and MS are going to have to fight and whoever comes out on top is who I am going to have be my secondary console.
So far Xbox 3 is not doing well at all.

Probably since its where they're going to show games. Microsoft isn't a stranger to backtracking on something that seems unpopular evidenced by the WIndows Blue stuff and that's selling pretty well.

I'll probably go with One as my main and WIi U as my secondary console. Have quite a bit invested in my xbox Video purchases for it not to be.

The Twit guys put up some decent points. They said the SOny conference gave more inspiration as far as wording but had nothing to back it up. ( a common complaint of the PS4 conference by mainstream press was they didn't show anything new or concrete) while Microsoft while being more direct showed more concreate stuff. (mainstream press have been eating this crap up).

Sinve none of your 360 purchases will carry over, why does what you've invested the 360 matter?

Xbox Video is TV and movie content I have few seasons bought and that stuff will move over as they showed the Star Trek moving going off Xbox Video. Plan to sub to a few shows next season (Hart of Dixie, Arrow season 2, shield, etc)

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

RR529

Just got done talking XO in our family.

My dad is thrilled about all the NFL stuff, but doesn't like the fact that it will "watch & learn" about you (privacy issues), and thinks there'll be a big backlash against the whole used game fiasco.

My brother is excited for it, but is the guy who somehow managed to become an Xbox fanboy, after getting a 360 for the sole purpose of playing James Cameron's Avatar: the Game (which is the first and only game he's played in over 10 years)...

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

banacheck

Sony_70 wrote:

What the boxes look like.
Untitled
Untitled

But we need more COD dog
Untitled

They are smart game boxes, and that dog in Ghost is kick-arss see all the detail on it? I hope we have a dog like that in the single player campaign, but i wonder how it work in multiplayer?

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

banacheck

Untitled

Could Mirrors Edge 2 be on the way???

MadAussieBloke: Sorry PS4 ♡ only for me.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

shingi_70

+!

you follow the COD dog twitter account?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

HawkeyeWii

[quote=Sony_70]

Sony_70 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Sinve none of your 360 purchases will carry over, why does what you've invested the 360 matter?

Xbox Video is TV and movie content I have few seasons bought and that stuff will move over as they showed the Star Trek moving going off Xbox Video. Plan to sub to a few shows next season (Hart of Dixie, Arrow season 2, shield, etc)

So in other words TV stuff carries over but not actually games, even though it is a video game console?
I would have really liked to see the Xbox look a bit better. It looks like a VCR from the 90's and the controller looks a lot like the Xbox 1 controller, no not Xbox One, Xbox 1 silly.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Auracle

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Midnight3DS

Seeing if I can post a GIF correctly...

Untitled

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

shingi_70

[quote=Jaz007]

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

So in other words TV stuff carries over but not actually games, even though it is a video game console?
I would have really liked to see the Xbox look a bit better. It looks like a VCR from the 90's and the controller looks a lot like the Xbox 1 controller, no not Xbox One, Xbox 1 silly.

I like the look of the console but it is missing something that past consoles have. The one looks like apiece of equipment for a entertainment center and doesn't hav an out their line.

Also it being a game console means nothing if it isn't BC. None of your PlayStation games will carry over, but all your SEN music and Move purchases will carry over because its a wildly different tech than games.

WAT!

MAB

News just in 'R☆ release GTAV Xbone teaser'

Untitled

MAB

Midnight3DS

Remember when gaming with friends was fun?

"ExtremeTech, as we told you yesterday, reports that the patent is for tech that sees Kinect monitoring how many people are in a room at once. If the number exceeds the amount allowed on a game or film’s license, then you the owner of the content, must pay for an extended license."

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/24/xbox-one-kinect-2s-visual-drm...

HawkeyeWii

MadAussieBloke wrote:

News just in 'R☆ release GTAV Xbone teaser'

Untitled

LOL a VHS
I think the new Xbox looks like a VCR too haha

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

MrGawain

Midnight3DS wrote:

Hey look, you can get achievements for watching TV...

"Two examples given include doling out achievements for watching a single event like the Super Bowl, or for watching an entire series of a single show."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-05-24-microsoft-ap...

So if they wanted to plug a certain show, they could offer more than usual points to entice you to watch. Like getting rats to press a button by offering cheese.

Is it really an 'achievement' to watch an entire season of Storage Hunters?

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

Peach64

I think the look is one of the best things about it. It looks like a piece of AV equipment instead of a toy. About time someone did that. Makes it easier to stack things around it too. That's pretty much the general consensus from website reactions too. There's a lot of stuff you can count as flaws, but I do't think the look is one. Most people love it. Controller looks great too. 360 controller is nearly perfect apart from the d-pad, so not a lot they need to do there.

At the Q&A, Kotaku asked how they felt about the negative reaction, and MS replied that only about 20% of websites reacted badly to it. Kotaku's first reaction was to laugh, and then they went to compile a list of reactions so they could show MS were talking crap... until they found what MS said was pretty much spot on. Gaming websites reacted badly because they didn't show games (they said in advance it was to reveal the console and the games would be at E3). Pretty much every tech website and mainstream mdi a website loved it.

http://kotaku.com/mainstream-media-reacts-to-the-xbox-one-509...

The reason people are mad is because they hardly showed any games, but I think they'll make up for that at E3. They got all this crap out of the way so not to bore the hardcore games tuning in at E3 with the TV and movies stuff. The Xbox 360 reveal event was exactly like this, and that turned out to be a pretty good console for games.

Peach64

Ideal_Hero

It's not the look or lack of games that bothered me about the console, it's some of its features. Having to pay a fee to let someone else borrow a game seems like too much, and I don't like the idea of the Kinect "watching" me.

Edited on by Ideal_Hero

The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identif...

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

Midnight3DS

It's carrying over negatives of a PC, and it's a very poor substitute for a PC at that. But, since it's for the television convenience, I guess it's not quite an undisputed dud.

banacheck

Another subject left unmentioned during yesterday’s Xbox One unveiling is the question of Xbox Live Arcade and indie games. Microsoft has seemed to increasingly loose interest in both concepts over the last few years, and this has now culminated in the scrapping of Xbox Live Arcade and the refusal to allow indie developers to self-publish.

Instead all downloadable games will be lumped together in the new version of Xbox Marketplace and if an indie developer wants their game to appear there they’ll have to get a traditional publishing deal.

As you might imagine indie developers, never known for being slow to speak their minds, are not impressed with Microsoft’s attitude.

‘Let me tell you something: most indies I know already don’t want to publish on a Xbox console. publisher or no publisher’, tweeted FEZ creator Phil Fish. ‘Microsoft doesn’t care about indie developer’.

‘I tried to get excited about the xbox one, but failed’, chimed in Minecraft creator Markus ‘Notch’ Persson.

banacheck

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic