Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 4,181 to 4,200 of 11,903

redd214

@NEStalgia yeah they really sent it out to die sales wise releasing right between battlefield and COD, shame really

redd214

NEStalgia

@redd214 Ea does that for games they hate. ME3 was released randomly in February with no fanfare. Mirror's Edge Catalyst, the most shameful one (one of the few EA games I'd earmark as "classic") they dropped the week before E3 and never mentioned it again.

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia Dont quite agree with that take at all but ok.

Just a heads up to everyone, seems Amazon is ditching their Prime 20% preorder discount here soon. Now it will be a $10 credit but only for certain games. Any preorder made before August 28th will still get the 20% off.Seems like the deals for preordering physical games has run its course

Edited on by redd214

redd214

NEStalgia

Awwwww I still have my GCU for now, but that's depressing A 20% price hike in games is not going to be fun.

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

Ugh, welp if Amazon is out of the game I have no need to preorder with them. my GCU lasts till next year. Works for me!

That Sekiro shadows die twice collectors edition looks wonderful. I have no where to put it but I'm getting it anyway. I'm thinking Xbone. I'll have the X1 by then I hope.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

redd214

Deal alert!! If you are currently NOT subscribed to either Gold or Game Pass, you can get 2 months of either for $2. Not sure if other regions have something similar going on but solid deal nonetheless.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/gold

redd214

Dezzy

What's the update for MCC?

I've still not actually had time to play any of it.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Lots of bug fixes across the games, faster load times, XB1X enhancements, better matchmaking.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

I remember this rumor about a Xbox combo service making its rounds a while ago and looks like it's picking up steam in the news again.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/08/23/xbox-all-access-contract-ser...

Curious what others think. Pricing is right on par with things like GameFly (at least here in the US) and doesn't seem like a terrible deal imo especially for someone who may not have means to drop $300-400 immediately to get started with an xbox. I'm sure there's some fine print in there but at face value seems decent.

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Actually sounds like a solution for some people, and more or less along the lines of smart phone deals, who are often also based upon a 2 year contract.

Now that you've pointed this out, I seem to remember way back in the Xbox 360's second or third year, something similar was also happening, albeit on a smaller scale, but apparently it never really took off.

But nowadays, we're more used to these kinds of constructions, so it might work, if true. And as I said before, this might definitely be a solution for some, who simply don't have the money to instantly buy a console, and then some subscription on top of it as well.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

redd214

@ThanosReXXX yup exactly. I mean for less than a $1 a day you get a console and access to 100+ games a month hard to see too many negatives unless someone is strongly opposed to contracts.

redd214

DarkRula

This Forza Motorsport Edition Xbox One is nearing three years old now, and I can't tell whether the extreme heat [by UK standards, anyway] has affected it more that I realise having playing on it for massive five hour+ sessions at some points, or if there might be some kind of a problem that makes it heat itself up within five minutes of use. If that is the case, I'd more than likely just buy a new one since obviously I've had my eye on an X anyway.

If there was a way to temporarily fix the issue - at least until November - I'd happily take it.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Dezzy

@DarkRula

Where are you in the UK that has extreme heat?

DarkRula

Well, I might have been exaggerating on that, but most summers are still only around the low 20s. It's definitely been touching the low 30s this summer, and in a house with a flat roof that doesn't allow that trapped heat to go anywhere...
In the Midlands, anyway.

DarkRula

Dezzy

@DarkRula

I'm in the midlands. Not very hot today! I'm currently wearing a hoody. Lol

DarkRula

Oh, definitely not in the last few days, but the last few months have certainly been hot.

DarkRula

6ch6ris6

just bought a xbox one controller for pc for only 36€ on german saturn ebay. 10%off with the code "PREISWERT10"

PS:
so i like the controller so far. should take some time to get used to though as my old 360 controller was really heavily used and didnt properly function anymore in some aspects like the analoge sticks.
i really like the impulsive triggers of the one controller. too bad almost no games on pc support them. downloaded the free forza 6 apex version which i dont really like but trying out the triggers is cool

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Zuljaras

Just to update you guys on the One X issue.

My colleague has the One X and when he turn off the Internet connection completely he can install and play games without updating them with any updates (even 4K updates).

So all in all the X is the same as the older models in terms of updates and playing. The updates are forced the second you connect the console to the internet.

Just posting it here so there are no more misunderstandings.

The ONLY mandatory update is the first console update AND that could also be made offline with USB flash drive.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic