Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 4,161 to 4,180 of 11,914

ThanosReXXX

@DarkRula 100%ed???
Well, color me seriously impressed. I'll probably never 100% it, because I simply don't have the time anymore.
And now that I have unlocked both DLC expansions, I'm playing it even less than before. I've never been a 100% guy, so if you go through my by now pretty considerable games collection, there's probably only a handful of games that I ever truly finished.

Most of the time, my interest stops when I've finished a main story line, or the single player campaign, so no multiplayer awards for me, no 100 stars or 1000 coins for me, and so on and so on.

As for what the completion list consists of: you should be able to find an overview somewhere in the game, that tells you about your progress and what's still left for you to do, so maybe you should check that out.
No idea where it is hidden, though, since I obviously never used it...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

DarkRula

@ThanosReXXX I only go for 100% with those I find fun.
And as for that 0.01% remaining, it is related to the Forzathon Barn Finds. Fortunately, there's another opportunity to get them end of October, so I'll have to remember to tear myself away from Horizon 4 to go for them.
Onto trying for that 100% of Horizon 2.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

ThanosReXXX

@DarkRula Haha, still impressive. Even fun can't motivate me for long, once I've gone through a campaign or main story line. One example: on the Xbox 360, I really LOVED playing Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, and I even played through it several times. But there were several completely ridiculous achievements, which I simply didn't want to or lost the will to complete.

One that really stood out, was an achievement that you could get, for logging into the game for 100 consecutive days. Not even playing it, just starting it up and then quitting again. I kept that up for I think a little over a month, but then I thought: "what the hell am I doing? Screw this crap, it's all nonsense anyway", and so I stopped. Some arbitrary extra points on my gamertag has never bothered me that much either.

But still, respect to those that do the 100% thing, it's just not for me.

Good luck with Forza Horizon 2. It's a great game, but personally, I found it to be a bit harder than the next game. That is not all that strange, seeing as they have really gone to town tweaking the game with every new installment, so playing them in reverse order will probably make you notice that difference a little more. But it's still a great game regardless, and it has some of it's own crazy challenge races, none of which I will spoil for you here...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

DarkRula

@ThanosReXXX Ah. I'm no achievement hunter. Not much interested in getting all the achievements of Horizon. Only games I've done that with are Sonic Generations owing to how easy it is, and LEGO games 'cus why not? Game completion with Horizon is pretty simple so long as you don't mind racing a lot.
And yes, Horizon 2 to 100% is definitely a chore and one I'd already been doing before I'd got the DLC of 3 and decided to 100% that one. I think there's about thirty hours left for FH2, and most of that is the remaining road trips.

DarkRula

ThanosReXXX

@DarkRula So, you've gone up against the airplane already, then?

Grumblevolcano

The hardest game I've got all the achievements in would either be Halo 3 or Sonic 06. Two For One in Halo 3 is what makes me glad Switch doesn't have achievements and Sonic 06 is just a broken mess.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ThanosReXXX

@DarkRula Ah, good. I always hate spoiling stuff for others (even if it is unintentionally), but seeing the amount of time you've already spent on it, I figured it was safe to mention it.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

DarkRula

@ThanosReXXX I don't mind things being spoilt for me, though am usually sensitive about it for others.

DarkRula

ThanosReXXX

Couple of Forza videos, just for the heck of it, and because they're great games.
First up, a bit of Forza history:

And last but not least, some info bits on Forza Horizon 4, that you may or may not yet know about:

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal Only Motorsport 6 and 7 are left for the Motorsport series, 5 got delisted last year. I guess in a sense this is why Forza has the release schedule it has, so there's always 2 Motorsport and 2 Horizon games available at any moment. Forza Horizon 3 came to replace Forza Horizon, Forza Motorsport 7 came to replace Forza Motorsport 5, Forza Horizon 4 came to replace Forza Horizon 2, Forza Motorsport 8 will come next year to replace Forza Motorsport 6, etc.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tasuki

Well now we know why MS gave Horizon 2 for free. So that way they can get as much money as possible out of the DLC before it gets delisted.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

JoakimZ

I’ve 100%ed Horizon 3 and the Hoonigan expansion, but I’m missing a couple of achievements on Blizzard Mountain, and I’ve barely played Hot Wheels. Hopefully I’ll find the time to 100% those aswell before I get Horizon 4, but there is so much else to play and so little time.

Also, I 100%ed Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 last week, so much brilliance in that collection. Some of the best games ever made, for sure!

Edited on by JoakimZ

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

Grumblevolcano

The From Software game from Microsoft's E3 (Sekiro Shadows Die Twice) has been confirmed for 22nd March 2019.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

ThanosReXXX

Got another video for all you Forza Horizon fans. This one gives you some examples of things you REALLY need to do/have experienced in Forza Horizon 3, before you start with Forza Horizon 4:

NEStalgia

I have to say both Titanfall 2 and Battlefront 2's campaigns are tons of fun. I didn't expect that. Shame they're 5-6 hour affairs...but still cool and worth the $5 & $9 investments respectively

Edit: I kind of love this line: " After September 30, players who own Forza Horizon 2 will still able to download and play the game and its associated content as normal. However, Forza Horizon 2 and its DLC will no longer be for sale. Forza Horizon 2 is currently available as part of August Games With Gold so, if you haven’t played it already, now is a great time to grab it."

Translation: Forza Horizon 2 will be discontinued soon if you don't already have it in your library. Please click below to add to library and disregard message."

@Tasuki Maybe but then they put the DLC packs (car pack and Storm Island pack) on sale for $5 each last week..... I'm thinking they just wanted to give it out to as many people as possible before it goes kerplunk and it's a great chance to give away a 1st party like Sony does without really losing anything since it's an old game they were deleting a few weeks later anyway

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

redd214

Yeah I played thru the Titan fall 2 campaign and came away really surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Hopefully the don't shelve the series permanently.

redd214

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal LOL I hear you Well, Titanfall 2 is Respawn, not DICE, so that explains it

Titanfall 2 campaign seems like Halo + Mirror's Edge x Mechs. It's short but shockingly fun.

@redd214 Is it a fun game? Yes. Is it a well made game? Yes. Is it an EA game? Yes. So there's your answer, it will be shelved permanently. Technically I'm betting they're rolling it into Anthem.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic