Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 4,121 to 4,140 of 8,335

redd214

@ThanosReXXX Thanks dude, youtube was being wonky on my TV, why I had issues. Will subscribe to that channel, thanks again

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 You're welcome, man. Anytime...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean Have you managed to have fun with Sea of Theives? I kind of started it...tried to do a 2 player dinghy and it seemed kind of aimless and boring and put it down.

NEStalgia

BlueOcean

@NEStalgia Not in the first days but now yes, I definitely love it! And it's getting more stuff which is great. I find it really beautiful, with great sound and entertaining. I have more fun playing with friends but sometimes I like being solo, eluding confrontation and doing more relaxing quests or exploring. It's a wonderful world.

BlueOcean

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean I didn't think you even could play solo. I tried co-op with one person and it was like...ok...island...stores I can do nothing with....lets get on the boat (that needs 2 people)....go...somewhere.....stumbled on some fortress island....had no idea what to do there and it felt like I shouldn't be there.

Granted this was before E3 and the add-on but I imagine the start of the game is the same. How do you get into it solo?

NEStalgia

BlueOcean

You just choose the sloop, private crew and that's it.

I find the game to have much more variety than most online-focused games. Exploration, collection, skeleton battles, treasure hunting, sea monsters, confrontation or friendship with other players...

Add to all this the side quests like the Hungering Deep, the upcoming volcanic sea and the skeleton ships.

Because the game lacks a tutorial, I would actually encourage players to try playing solo first. Being in a galleon with three strangers is overwhelming when you don't know the game.

BlueOcean

DarthNocturnal

Yeah, sloop can be solo'd easily. And they've added crew privacy options, so you can even go it alone in a galleon if you desire (although I wouldn't recommend it).

I just wish matchmaking was better. I feel like I either keep joining new crews, only for them to disband for some unknown reason, or I join a crew in progress which.... has disbanded for some unknown reason.

Or worse, they're the pirates who don't do anything. No voyages, no events, just... nothing. Or if not nothing, it's nothing productive.

I actually got into a crew with a Legend just a few days ago. Did an Athena voyage, got to see the hideout, and we did a skull fort while doing said voyage. It was a bit of an uphill battle due to some crew members who were.... uncooperative, but eventually we got some decent replacements.

Heck, that one time I was brigged before I even loaded into the game world resulted in a better session then most of my matchmaking sessions.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

BlueOcean

@DarthNocturnal I wish matchmaking would consider voice chat filter and that the game would support keyboard chat on Xbox One. I prefer voice chat but when someone turns it off I can't even type anything, there is a chat wheel but I find it difficult to use. They say that they are working on this and other requests.

Yes, there are stupid people but unfortunately that happens in all games, but I also have met great people randomly. It's not always the best experience but can be great. It reminds me of cooperative play on Monster Hunter.

BlueOcean

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Hahaha... thanks for that image. Now I'm imagining a single pirate on a galleon, running around like crazy, simply to be able to perform all of the tasks that a crew would have done, flying to and fro, left and right. The exertion will probably kill him before he even comes across any real danger...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

DarthNocturnal

@BlueOcean

I feel like Monster Hunter has a much better success ratio, due to everyone being of (mostly) the same mind. Same target, etc.

SoT... it's a complete crapshoot. Like today. I'm trying to do the new event, but I can't seem to find crews that are doing them. And even the few that do, not everyone seems to be on the same page. This gets annoying when you encounter a green or red cursed mermaid statue, but you don't have enough people to back you up.

Heck, I rarely put down my own voyages because most crews just don't hold together. I could solo sloop, but that comes with some risks...

I am hoping that they add text chat to XB1's version though. Might help in a pinch if I need to convey something specific that I can't get across in non-verbal chat wheel phrases...

@ThanosReXXX

It's actually quite manageable if you stick to one sail, maybe two. But yeah, I'd only suggest it in emergencies (i.e. your crew is on an island and another ship with it's cannons ready is sailing right at you. In which case, I'd just lower all three to get out of dodge, so then your crew can warp back).

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Guess I have to try it at some point, then. Although right now, I just don't have the time, but it does all start to sound more interesting. All the initial footage that I saw of it, didn't really grab my attention, but I keep hearing positive stuff about it, so we'll see, maybe after the summer...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Ryu_Niiyama

Games with gold questions. Can I get a game with a one month gold membership...and do you lose access to the game after the membership expires? Been years since I used Live. So I don't remember how it works.

Edit nevermind: different rules for x1 and 360. I'm good.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama Yeah, the free Xbox One games are only accessible as long as you have Xbox Live Gold.
But DO note, that Xbox 360 games, that you download to your Xbox One, courtesy of Games with Gold, actually will still work and be yours, regardless of whether or not you have a Live Gold subscription.

I'd say get a cheap subscription at cdkeys.com, it's still worth it, if only for the free games.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Dezzy

My only worry about the game is that the whip doesn't look like a good main weapon to have. Too extravagant for something that you need to use like a million times. It's gonna get so repetitive seeing it flail in the exact same shape so many times over, in a way you never would with an actual whip.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DarthNocturnal

@ThanosReXXX

It's best experienced with friends. Preferably a full galleon crew, if you got it. Although we are getting a brigantine later this month, which will probably be a “two can sail it, but three is best“ vessel.

BlueOcean

@DarthNocturnal Yes, in Monster Hunter you choose a mission and the objectives are clear. In Sea of Thieves these side voyages require some research and organisation and I bet that many players don't even have a clue that these exist. I don't know what the new weekly challenges are about yet, I will talk to the guy in the tavern tonight to check it out. Not the tavern in town but in the game. He gave hints for the last challenges but I don't care much about getting all the variants, which I think is what you are talking about. Those are discovered by chance, which is the developer's intention, or by using Google...

BlueOcean

Ryu_Niiyama

Hmm Darksiders III is looking good (why is she wearing heels though?!). I think I'm going to pick this one up on PC though.

@ThanosReXXX thanks for the website tip! Just trying to snag VF 5 FS before it leaves the 360 games with gold lol the 3 month is cheaper so I'll grab that.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama You're welcome.
But ehm... 3 months subscription cheaper? In actual price maybe, but if you buy four separate 3 month subscriptions, it most definitely would not be cheaper, so the 12 month is actually still the cheapest option. Personally, I only ever take 12 or 13 month subscriptions.

P.S.
Perhaps stating the obvious, but do take care to select the right region before you purchase. And sometimes, there's a difference in price between your own region and worldwide, also making the latter an option, if it's cheaper at any specific time.

Ryu_Niiyama

@ThanosReXXX Oh I just want VF. So I dont really care about a year. I haven't played anything other than the Switch or PC in over a year and a half. I literally just got my game collection out of storage and all I'm doing is building a database so that I know what I have. I'm literally going to buy this, download VF and then just check for the next set of games and that's it.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic