Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 3,781 to 3,800 of 11,914

Banjo-

@DarthNocturnal I wish matchmaking would consider voice chat filter and that the game would support keyboard chat on Xbox One. I prefer voice chat but when someone turns it off I can't even type anything, there is a chat wheel but I find it difficult to use. They say that they are working on this and other requests.

Yes, there are stupid people but unfortunately that happens in all games, but I also have met great people randomly. It's not always the best experience but can be great. It reminds me of cooperative play on Monster Hunter.

Banjo-

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Hahaha... thanks for that image. Now I'm imagining a single pirate on a galleon, running around like crazy, simply to be able to perform all of the tasks that a crew would have done, flying to and fro, left and right. The exertion will probably kill him before he even comes across any real danger...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Guess I have to try it at some point, then. Although right now, I just don't have the time, but it does all start to sound more interesting. All the initial footage that I saw of it, didn't really grab my attention, but I keep hearing positive stuff about it, so we'll see, maybe after the summer...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Ryu_Niiyama

Games with gold questions. Can I get a game with a one month gold membership...and do you lose access to the game after the membership expires? Been years since I used Live. So I don't remember how it works.

Edit nevermind: different rules for x1 and 360. I'm good.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama Yeah, the free Xbox One games are only accessible as long as you have Xbox Live Gold.
But DO note, that Xbox 360 games, that you download to your Xbox One, courtesy of Games with Gold, actually will still work and be yours, regardless of whether or not you have a Live Gold subscription.

I'd say get a cheap subscription at cdkeys.com, it's still worth it, if only for the free games.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Dezzy

My only worry about the game is that the whip doesn't look like a good main weapon to have. Too extravagant for something that you need to use like a million times. It's gonna get so repetitive seeing it flail in the exact same shape so many times over, in a way you never would with an actual whip.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Banjo-

@DarthNocturnal Yes, in Monster Hunter you choose a mission and the objectives are clear. In Sea of Thieves these side voyages require some research and organisation and I bet that many players don't even have a clue that these exist. I don't know what the new weekly challenges are about yet, I will talk to the guy in the tavern tonight to check it out. Not the tavern in town but in the game. He gave hints for the last challenges but I don't care much about getting all the variants, which I think is what you are talking about. Those are discovered by chance, which is the developer's intention, or by using Google...

Banjo-

Ryu_Niiyama

Hmm Darksiders III is looking good (why is she wearing heels though?!). I think I'm going to pick this one up on PC though.

@ThanosReXXX thanks for the website tip! Just trying to snag VF 5 FS before it leaves the 360 games with gold lol the 3 month is cheaper so I'll grab that.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama You're welcome.
But ehm... 3 months subscription cheaper? In actual price maybe, but if you buy four separate 3 month subscriptions, it most definitely would not be cheaper, so the 12 month is actually still the cheapest option. Personally, I only ever take 12 or 13 month subscriptions.

P.S.
Perhaps stating the obvious, but do take care to select the right region before you purchase. And sometimes, there's a difference in price between your own region and worldwide, also making the latter an option, if it's cheaper at any specific time.

Ryu_Niiyama

@ThanosReXXX Oh I just want VF. So I dont really care about a year. I haven't played anything other than the Switch or PC in over a year and a half. I literally just got my game collection out of storage and all I'm doing is building a database so that I know what I have. I'm literally going to buy this, download VF and then just check for the next set of games and that's it.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama Ah, okay. Well, you never know what the next few months are going to bring, and if it so happens that the catalog will interest you, then that might mean buying another three months, and even with two times three month subscription, you're already spending more money, in comparison.

But of course, if you're okay with that, then it's fine by me as well, seeing as I'm not the one paying. Personally,
I just always look for the best deal/best investment, both in price and in what it gets me.

And besides that single game you want, there's also the monthly 2 Xbox One games. That may not be of interest to you right away, but you might never know if you're going to upgrade one day, and if you already have an Xbox One, then that's even more of a good reason.

But if not, and there's a chance that the next Xbox actually WILL interest you once again, then it is STILL interesting, because plans are already in the works to make that fully backwards compatible as well, so games you collect now, will be playable on both the Xbox One and it's next gen successor.

I kinda did the same when I still only had the Xbox 360: saved up two year's worth of Xbox One games, during my Xbox Live memberships, and when I finally bought the console last Christmas, I already had an entire catalog with lots of variety in games to play, without ever having to spend an extra dime on it, seeing as I was using my Xbox Live subscription anyway to play online with my friends.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Dezzy

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

(why is she wearing heels though?!).

The underworld has a "no tennis shoes" policy.

NEStalgia

I love how after E3 the PS4 fan thread has gone almost totally dormant and the XBox thread is active I realize more of that has to do with peek-a-boo being offline coupled with me buying an XBox But it's still funny. It's begun....

@Ryu_Niiyama ....I've created a monster...... Though so did you, I found myself downloading KI, and (from Game Pass for free) SC2, SF4, and Injustice1....and bought the BlazBlue: Somethingorotherlongname port on the sale (which is actually really fun so far from the tutorial.) BTW, discovered a fun thing I didn't realize about the Razer (I don't have mine yet)....it includes a bat top! Nifty!

I guess when you're one of the horseman of the apocalypse you just where whatever the heck you wanna' wear?

@Thanosrexxx ok, I checked my FH3 settings. ABS: OFF. Traction: OFF. Stability: OFF. Steering: Simulation. Trans: Automatic. Racing line: Full. No wonder I'm spinning out. That said I'm surprised I"m doing as well as I am. Almost got 3rd in an offroad buggy cross-country, but messed up right in front of the gate and got pressed back to 5th. Got lot of points for numerous "ultimate clean racing" and "ultimate drift" and "sideswipe" bonuses though Plus the bonus for having fairly high difficulty of controls on.

NEStalgia

redd214

NEStalgia wrote:

I love how after E3 the PS4 fan thread has gone almost totally dormant and the XBox thread is active I realize more of that has to do with peek-a-boo being offline coupled with me buying an XBox But it's still funny. It's begun....

Probably due to having a dedicated site, Push Square, as opposed to the Xbox site that shut down for lack of traffic or the new one that gets one or 2 comments an article and has no forum lol

Anyone with an original "fat" Xbone, how's it holding up? Does it sound like a hoover vacuum like early ps4s? Any trouble or sluggishness playing newly released games?

Thanks

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Yeah, it's a bit of a tit for tat, really. When you're racing with easier settings, it's obviously a more lenient experience, but it'll give you less points for races, so you need to race more, and if you choose harder settings (or just never checked them in the first place, lol), you're going to experience more difficulties with the races, but in return, you get more points.

BUT: it is in complete balance, because on the easier setting, it's obviously much easier to win, so you can rack up successive points more easily, whereas on the higher difficulty setting, you may get rewarded with more points, but chances that you end up with the last three in a race, are decidedly slimmer.

And that point difference is mainly in the actual races, in the stunts or other activities outside of the PvP or player vs AI races, the difference is more or less negligible. So, I'd say switch the first two of those settings you mentioned (ABS and traction) to "ON", and give that a try for a couple of races. If you like it, leave it on, and if not, switch them back off.

But I say leave them on: it might just help you to finally unlock those expansions...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Grumblevolcano

I've had mine since June 2015 and the disc drive has issues. But I have digital versions of all my XB1 games except Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider so it's not too much of an issue.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@DarthNocturnal @Grumblevolcano thanks for answering. There's a launch era one on sale near me. Comes with 2 controllers and kinect for $200 which could probably be negotiated down. Has got me thinking 🤔

redd214

Dezzy

NEStalgia wrote:

I bought an Xbox around E3 as well. I've played more backcompat games than actual Xbone games so far though!

Banjo-

Backwards/forwards compatibility is one of the greatest features of Xbox One. However, for those on Xbox One X you get improved performance, frame rate and sometimes even textures on older games, not to mention that all new games are significantly better on Xbox One X. So both consoles offer the right thing for their respective price. The fat Xbox One and S are now a great deal but Xbox One X is the ultimate console experience if you appreciate performance, high quality textures, and resolution, including supersampling and better anti-aliasing, that you will appreciate even on 1080p displays. All Xbox One consoles give you access to Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One games, that's awesome, then you just decide how to play them.

EDIT: typo

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic