Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 3,761 to 3,780 of 11,914

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Yes but one of the most loved games for me Castlevania Lords of Shadow is on 2 discs and if you backtrack to earlier levels you need to swap the discs every time. The game was (as I read) advertised as you install both discs and play only from disc 2 without the need to disc swap.
But people keep writing articles that this was a lie.

So if anyone here who played this game on Xbox 360 physically and can give me actual feedback.

Can Castlevania Lords of Shadow be installed on the HDD and played only from one disc (disc 2) from the start + backtracking?

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Hm, that's kinda shady, if true. I personally haven't played it, so I'll just tag a few people into this particular question, and maybe they can help you with an answer.

So, @NEStalgia, @Dezzy, @redd214, @DarthNocturnal, @Grumblevolcano, @DarkRula, @BlueOcean, @JoakimZ, anyone of you able to give an answer to @Zuljaras concerning his question in the comment above this one?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras i never played the game but keep in mind all x360 games could be installed to hdd to cut down disc dive noise and possibly improve load times, where the disc was still used only for the disc check. So if disc 1 and 2 provided the same disc key, or the game was coded to accept either, data for both could certainly be loaded from the hdd. I always installed all my games..... That dvd drive was obviously loud with tons of vibration!

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@Zuljaras I don't know how multi-disc games work on 360 because I don't have a 360 but I have heard that you can install those games and just need a disc for playing the whole game but perhaps not all of them as NEStalgia said.

On Xbox One I am absolutely sure that you can play 360 games (including multi-disc games) without swapping discs because they all are installed and they all run on HDD and the system only reads the main disc in order to check that you own the game. If you buy them on the store then you don't need any disc at all. The backwards compatibility program makes is so easy, it even downloads Xbox One X patches automatically (on X).

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

DarkRula

Only multi-disc game I ever had was Forza 4, which worked the same way as the third.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Dezzy

I just tested Lost Odyssey (4 discs) and it's just the first disc that's used as the license check.
It refuses to even launch if you use the 2nd or 3rd disc.
(that's before the point that the game loads your save, so it's definitely not related to what disc you're currently on, it's just that disc 1 contains the license check for the entire game)

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DarkRula

Currently tuned in to take a look. Hoping we get a look at a new area, though I can fully understand if they don't want to reveal all the cities/towns/beauty spots in the game before it releases.

DarkRula

NEStalgia

Can I just say FFXV is amazingly weird? I mean weirder than normal FF weird. It's just weird. Cool, fun, crazy.....a little bit Monster Hunter meets....IDK.....but definitely a strange game that I'm not sure if it ought to be called FF but is cool all the same.

But dang is it weird.

NEStalgia

DarkRula

New locations will be on the stream. There's four streams across this month showing off the seasons and various other features. Forza Horizon 4 is going to be the greatest, by the sound of all this.
You'll need to be on their Mixer account for it, far as I'm aware, so mixer.com/xbox. Hopefully they also give the times for the next of these streams as well.

Edited on by DarkRula

DarkRula

DarkRula

That livestream confirmed my love for this game. Stunning. There is so much to it that makes it feel more alive than previous games. The only thing I'm not so sure of is the results screen being self contained and not within the world itself, but there's no denying it doesn't have visual flair. Some of those moments in the stream are GIF worthy - especially that jump.
Speaking of, the next one will be next Tuesday at 19:00 BST, showing off the map itself and some bonus board locations. They also confirmed the map is around the same size as Australia in FH3.

DarkRula

Banjo-

I am excited about Forza Horizon 4 but I don't want to see much before playing. It's so good that it will have a 60 fps on Xbox One X.

Give me this and Sea of Thieves over any PS4 exclusive.

Banjo-

redd214

Where can I watch a replay anyone know? Thanks in advance

Edit:never mind found it!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 For future reference: stuff like that is always quite easy to find on the official Xbox YouTube channel. In the playlists, you'll also find all the Inside Xbox videos.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@DarkRula You can also watch Mixer on the Xbox One itself. Nice option for some relaxed, on the couch watching on the big screen. Once you've made an account on your PC, it'll be linked to the one on your Xbox One, much like how it works with YouTube.

redd214

@ThanosReXXX Thanks dude, youtube was being wonky on my TV, why I had issues. Will subscribe to that channel, thanks again

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 You're welcome, man. Anytime...

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean Have you managed to have fun with Sea of Theives? I kind of started it...tried to do a 2 player dinghy and it seemed kind of aimless and boring and put it down.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@NEStalgia Not in the first days but now yes, I definitely love it! And it's getting more stuff which is great. I find it really beautiful, with great sound and entertaining. I have more fun playing with friends but sometimes I like being solo, eluding confrontation and doing more relaxing quests or exploring. It's a wonderful world.

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean I didn't think you even could play solo. I tried co-op with one person and it was like...ok...island...stores I can do nothing with....lets get on the boat (that needs 2 people)....go...somewhere.....stumbled on some fortress island....had no idea what to do there and it felt like I shouldn't be there.

Granted this was before E3 and the add-on but I imagine the start of the game is the same. How do you get into it solo?

NEStalgia

Banjo-

You just choose the sloop, private crew and that's it.

I find the game to have much more variety than most online-focused games. Exploration, collection, skeleton battles, treasure hunting, sea monsters, confrontation or friendship with other players...

Add to all this the side quests like the Hungering Deep, the upcoming volcanic sea and the skeleton ships.

Because the game lacks a tutorial, I would actually encourage players to try playing solo first. Being in a galleon with three strangers is overwhelming when you don't know the game.

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic