Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 3,501 to 3,520 of 3,841

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Trade in a SNES? Total blasphemy, I tell you!

But all joking aside: never liked the Playstation brand, so that seriously would NEVER have been an option for me. Two consoles for one seems like a bad deal as well. And I know trading in is a pretty established and accepted phenomenon nowadays, but I certainly don't find it strange to not join the masses into doing that.

From my own experience, I once sold my first home computer and gaming system, an MSX computer, so I could upgrade to the Commodore Amiga. And even though I had a wonderful time with my new home computer and all of its wonderful games, I have always regretted doing that, so ever since that day, I vowed to NEVER do that ever again, so I still have ALL my handhelds and all my consoles to this very day, and I'm very happy with it.

@DarthNocturnal Exactly. I feel your pain...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: TheRealThanos

redd214

@ThanosReXXX it may seem like a bad deal for you but worked out pretty well for me. My greatest gaming experiences as a kid came from that ugly gray box. The tekkens, Ridge racers, Ape Escape, spyro, crash I could go on and on, no regrets at all. Buying, trading and selling has always kinda been a thing for me though. Guess that's why I work in investments now lol😂🤣

Friend Code: SW-6622-7227-4707

DarthNocturnal

@ThanosReXXX

I keep being told “you're sitting on a gold mine!“ But, to quote one of my favorite cartoon characters of all time:

"It's mine, ya understand? Mine, MINE, all MINE!, get back in there!, down down down!, go go go!, mine mine mine! MWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 In sales & marketing myself, but that still doesn't make me sell or market my own consoles or handhelds...

After my long run with the Commodore Amiga family (three different systems in total), my very first console purchase was an N64, which was my first re-acquaintance with Nintendo since many years. I always played NES and SNES games at my cousin's house, but I never had any of those consoles myself. That is also why I'm hunting these Mini consoles now...

The N64 to me was far superior to the PSX. Maybe not in games, but definitely in graphics. A lot of friends had the PSX, so I've played and even enjoyed enough of its games, and I simply LOVED that T-Rex tech demo, but ultimately, I couldn't stand the mini-steck textures and the wibbly-wobbly heat wave effect that 3D games suffered on the PSX, something that was completely absent from the N64, which had rock solid 3D and smooth, even textures, so I took the smaller game catalog for granted in favor of it being the superior system power wise.

And I've been with Nintendo ever since. Bought a Game Boy Color not long after that N64, to suit my portable/holiday gaming needs, and the rest is history. Besides Nintendo systems, I own a Sega Dreamcast, an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One S.

Had to end my sentence with that console, both because it's my latest purchase and because this is the Xbox thread, after all. So, what are you still doing here, ex-Xbox One owner? Scoot, get on outta here...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

@redd214 I don't know, typically when you trade things the goal is not giving YOU more value, it's giving whomever you're trading to more value. If I trade my 360 or my PS3, or my PS2, I can't use those original machines and libraries again. In exchange I'm given a small token of value to put toward something else. I can certainly see the merit/economics of doing such things, but I guess it's all mindset. When I buy something I expect to be buried with it. It took me a looooooong time to get "accustomed" to the post 2000 disposable products world. And I'm still not used to it. I'd buy stuff and wonder why it broke in 2 years. I expected at least 20-30. After all, my NES still works 30 years later....

NEStalgia

redd214

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@redd214

The N64 to me was far superior to the PSX. Maybe not in games, but definitely in graphics....so I took the smaller game catalog for granted in favor of it being the superior system power wise.

Arent the games what's more important at the end of the day? Countless times I've read on this site in regards to the switch, wii u and wii that it's not about the power or graphics its about the games. Interesting to see you feel the opposite.

Ahh well I can tell when I'm not welcome. I'll just go trade in some stuff and be on my way 😉

Edited on by redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 For me, it's a little bit of both. And if a certain thing annoys or bugs me, I can't un-see or ignore it anymore, and that heat sink 3D effect from the PSX bothered me to such an extent, that it completely deterred me from buying it. I found the way that the N64 displayed its 3D graphics, was more pleasing and relaxing to the eye.

I'm really nowhere near being a graphics wh**e, as evidenced by me choosing a Wii over an Xbox 360 as my first purchase during that generation, but that did trigger me back in the N64/PSX era.

And this annoyance that I had with the system's graphics wasn't the only thing, because I have a long standing grudge against Sony, for them screwing me over three times over quite a period of time. Long story, but people on here who know me have heard it before, so they aren't surprised anymore that I'm not so enamored with Sony anymore...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Hear, hear! Death to disposability...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

redd214

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@redd214 I have a long standing grudge against Sony, for them screwing me over three times over quite a period of time.

Well this explains it all lol. 😉

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Well, not ALL. But that in combination with my annoyance at the wibbly-wobbly 3D graphics did make it easier not to choose for them...

NEStalgia

So I fired up MGSV:TPP briefly to test it. I can say for sure that's the first game to give me a true WTF experience in a long time. That....is a WEIRD game. Not that MGS hasn't always been weird and getting weirder....but I feel like Kojima has finally lost what was left of his marbles. It's playing like a survival horror game. It looks and sounds like a survival horror game. I know it becomes "Assassin's Gear" at some point....but this whole hospital sequence is just bizarre, nonsensical, annoying, oddly placed and presented, and to make it all the more WTF there's a freaking fire demon. I can assume this is somehow Mantis related, but still.....just......what is with this game?!

I played the Demo....(a.k.a. Ground Zeroes) and while the end of that one was weird and nonsensical enough, this is just a whole other level of weird.

Also anyone notice the Forza 3 sale page showed $30 but goes to the full $60 page. Not really my kind of game, but I found that odd.

@ThanosReXXX Oh and when I complained about the way the PS3 represented graphics (that X1X compat mode shares) I was "wrong"

@redd214 Yeah, Thanos has a thing against Sony on a similar level to how Anti-Matter as a thing against M-rated games

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Not quite: mine is just a grudge, his is a mental condition, no sane grown man I know has such a strong, exclusive taste for only girly or kiddie things. And people like that who are sometimes mentioned in the news mostly end up in prison under a certain category...

And I'm not really the no, no, no, never type either: I'm quite open-minded in general, and as I've told you before, there certainly are a couple of games that I actually would like to play, just not enough to buy yet another console for. And me having/holding that grudge obviously isn't helping them either, in that regard...

I don't get the comment you directed at me personally, though. A bit too short on info as to what I supposedly said, other than "Hear, hear! Death to disposability", which obviously has nothing to do with graphics whatsoever.

redd214

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@NEStalgia Not quite: mine is just a grudge, his is a mental condition, no sane grown man I know has such a strong, exclusive taste for only girly or kiddie things. And people like that who are sometimes mentioned in the news mostly end up in prison under a certain category...

I have thought the same way, the fact that he apparently works in a school with kids is quite frightening as well js..

And I'm pretty much where you are. There are a few xbox games I want to play but doesn't make sense to have a console for 2 or 3 games sitting there gathering dust.

Edited on by redd214

Grumblevolcano

The infamous XB1 reveal is now 5 years old.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX I figure he's alright, and I kind of admire his absolute conviction to his principles in the face of all the peer pressure the rest of us give him. Slightly odd or no, if everyone stood on their convictions so defiantly instead of washy pandering and go-along-to-get-along which has lead to every great calamity in history, the world would be a better place. He's just a little too keen on reminding everyone his tastes non stop, unprompted. So....do you ever plan to get a Sony console?

Oh my comment to you was in response to what you said about disliking the PSX's graphics rendering compared to N64. Like how I didn't like PS3's graphics rendering compared to X360.

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia 😂😂😂🤣 he looks so goofy lol

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 @NEStalgia Well, just in case neither of you know, and to be fair to him, his mental condition falls under the autism spectrum: he has a milder form of Asperger's, which can definitely account for his fierce defense of his opinion and the strong way he voices it against anything that he deems to be wrong.

But my wonder, besides his taste, is how someone within the spectrum can be a teacher, especially considering his strong opinions. How would that influence young children? He definitely wouldn't be my first choice for a teacher. But in any case, now you know what's up with him, and although it doesn't make his incessant hate comments towards adult games any less annoying, you at least have some more perspective on where it's probably coming from.

Anyways, getting too far off topic, so back to the Xboxen...

@redd214 Yeah, wanted to add that we are actually not that far apart sentiment-wise when it comes to reasons for buying/not buying a console, but I still can't get over how you sold your Xbox One that your (in my eyes) amazing wife bought you. I sure never received any gift that big from any better half I've ever had...

Nah, just kidding. I'm over it. Still: if that was me, I'd kept it, since your wife saved you the trouble of having to contemplate buying it or not, so there wasn't any loss involved on your part in keeping it. And E3 is only a few weeks away, so I hope for your sake, that it isn't going to show a lot of interesting stuff coming to the Xbox One, otherwise you may come to seriously regret having traded it in...

@NEStalgia But did I say that you were wrong about PS3 graphics being worse than the Xbox 360's? That almost makes it sound as if I was defending Sony, and I know for a fact that is something that I would never do. In fact: considering your exact statement here concerning that difference, I completely agree with you, so I'm still a bit at a loss here...

And that picture: Don Mattrick - didn't last nearly long enough to even come close to a hat trick...

redd214

@ThanosReXXX I plan on getting a pc as I mentioned before, so anything revealed at e3 that would be exclusive to the Xbox would more than likely come to pc so I highly doubt there would be any regret on my part. After almost 5 years on the market there are only a handful of games on the Xbox that I'm interested in and can't get elsewhere so it would literally be gathering dust most of the time. I'm not a collector and don't like having things around that I don't have a use for. Not just with games/consoles but with just about everything else as well (besides books). And to clarify, it wasnt a trade in it was a straight return so what was spent on that is going to said pc so not a really a big deal. In addition instead of just sitting in my entertainment center only getting turned on a few times a year, perhaps it can go to someone who will use it much more than I would have, seems like a better deal imo. Lastly, yes my wife is awesome!

Edited on by redd214

DarthNocturnal

Welp, between a teaser from the official BFV Twitter account and Sony accidentally using an image of official soldier art for their BFV reveal stream page, we now know for sure that BFV is WW2.

I remember 1943 on XBLA. Small and quickly dropped as it was (it had 3 maps, unless you count Air Superiority's), it was a lot of fun. And it's the game that got me into Battlefield in the first place. Here's hoping they make it BC soon (or remaster it).

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic