Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 3,181 to 3,200 of 3,246

Peek-a-boo

That was a monumentally pointless ‘event’. I also loathe hearing the term “WORLD PREMIERE”.

What has been shown that is actually new? I am 99% certain that all of these trailers were at E3 back in early June. My expectations going into every Microsoft event henceforth = as low as low can go.

Nary a mention of an Xbox One X super-duper patch for Sunset Overdrive is somewhat disappointing...

The Minecraft Xbox One S looks pretty good if you’re a fan of the game though:

Untitled

All yours for just €399/$399 (!)

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

JaxonH

Got the Project Scorpio Edition for $300. Cashed out $200 in reward certs at BestBuy.

I'm buying all multiplatform titles on Xbox One now..

PLAYING
Switch: Skyrim, LA Noire, DOOM, Rocket League
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns
PS4:
PSVR: Skyrim VR
Vita:
X1:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

The Xbox twitter account confirmed that Rise of the Tomb Raider and Witcher 3 are getting XB1X enhancement patches (these weren't announced at E3 or the Gamescom stream).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Oh bet. I'm way further along in the X1 version of RotTR (Only got on PS4 to try the VR) And I have the season pass bought on X1. Perfect.

PLAYING
Switch: Skyrim, LA Noire, DOOM, Rocket League
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns
PS4:
PSVR: Skyrim VR
Vita:
X1:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

Octane

I liked Jurassic World Evolution, assuming the final game resembles what was shown in the trailer. I want to be excited for the game, even though I wasn't a fan of the film. The fact that Frontier Developments also made that mediocre Zoo Tycoon game for Xbox a few years ago doesn't get me any more excited either. I'll wait for some actual gameplay.

@Grumblevolcano Weird, CDPR didn't want to enhance the game for PS4 Pro because they were too busy working on Gwent and Cyberpunk or whatever.

Octane

DarthNocturnal

So there's something I've been wondering about XB1X that I'm not sure I've heard a definitive answer for; does playing on sub-4k displays (like 1080p) allow one to use all that extra horsepower for game performance (assuming it's patched for X support)? Or is it all about upping the resolution? I heard PS4 Pro has such an option, and that would be a bigger incentive for me then 4k. I'm not a “30 FPS sux“ guy, but I do appreciate when a game can achieve a 60 FPS target.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

Peek-a-boo

Eurogamer are being a little bit too honest...

A boon for the fans, with a little exclusive vertical stand thrown in to boot. Given the hits the brand has taken over the past few years, staying upright might be all that can be asked for right now.

Untitled

Apart from JasonH, who seemingly buys everything gaming related, is anybody else contemplating getting one?

@DarthNocturnal Nope! The ‘Boost’ mode for the PlayStation 4 Pro gives certain games a performance boost (hence the name), but nothing overly spectacular. You need to remember that both the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X shares the same ageing Jaguar CPU, which is barely adequate these days.

The one benefit of you having a 1080p television is that thanks to the system-wide downsampling, you shall receive a better image quality (higher clarity) depending on how far away you are sitting from your TV.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

DarthNocturnal

@Peek-a-boo

Well, then to answer your question..... no. I'd rather get that Minecraft S model, honestly. Or any S model...

Gamer83

I'm a big Xbox fan but, no, just like the PS4 Pro is absolutely useless so is the Xbox One X and with a total lack of exclusives worth a damn I'm pretty much done with the X1 for now (I'll buy Crackdown 3 IF it actually ever comes out, but that's about all I want until the inevitable Gears 5 which probably will be 2019 at the earliest). I went into this year thinking I'd get an Xbox One X but that price, lack of exclusive games and Switch being a much more impressive piece of hardware than I expected all pushed me back to Nintendo.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

DarthNocturnal

Starfighter Assault in SWBF2 looks great. I think starfighters regenerate hull now, so that's less time flying out to some empty corner of a map (and making yourself more of a target) to get a pickup, and more time actually, ya know, fighting. And the Bomber class of fighters sounds fun.

Between SWBF2 not having a season pass, and now BF1 getting a budget(ish) all-in-one package (before all it's season pass content is out, no less!), I think EA got the “segregating players is bad“ message.

EDIT: AoE 2 & 3 are also getting DEs... AND WE'RE GETTING AGE 4. YEAH! POSSIBLY COVERS ALL PRIOR AGES... maybe. The trailer semi-implied that.

Grumblevolcano

Microsoft seem to know what they're doing regarding their big franchises.

AoE: 1-3 getting Definitive Editions, 4 confirmed to exist
Halo: Bringing back the Flood and introducing the Banished in Halo Wars 2 maybe making Halo 6 have a fantastic single player?
GoW: 4 was received well, right?
Forza: Keep alternating between Motorsport and Horizon

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CanisWolfred

Wait, how much is it?

...$500? Well, I see we've come full circle...Good one, Microsoft. At least I can potentially get an Xbox One S for half that price by Black Friday if I really want one.

Also, will those Age of Empire games be on Steam?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

DarthNocturnal

@CanisWolfred

AoE 1 DE had “Exclusive to Windows 10“ in the trailer, but I'd expect it to come to Steam eventually. Rise of Nations is being added to the Windows Store, but will be able to play online with Steam users, and HW1 was added not TOO long after HW2's release... I figure it'll be a few months wait.

The question is, do I WANT to wait? Especially with 2 and 3 rolling out... I haven't tried anything Windows Store related yet, but I don't think I've heard much (if anything) good about it.

EDIT: Another bit of info; it's being developed by Relic Entertainment (Company of Heroes, Dawn of War).

CanisWolfred

I don't really like the App format in general, so personally: I'll always wait. Because their products aren't appealing to me unless they're on a better platform, like Steam or GoG. Same with anything stuck on EA Origin. It may as well not exist for all I care.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Ryu_Niiyama

Sigh I'm stoked for AoE4 but it is looking to be windows 10 only. I've been putting off getting 10 for my gaming rig or my work rig because of how invasive it is... ugh not sure what to do here...maybe they will take pity on me and make it win7 compatible..but I doubt it.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Villanova University: 2016 NCAA Champs! GO NOVA NATION! 2008 Alumna

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

CanisWolfred

Grumblevolcano wrote:

The new ReCore update seems to fix pretty much every problem with the original game.

https://www.recoregame.com/upcoming-updates-new-adventures-re...

Well, that's good to see, ReCore was one of those game that could've been really fun if it was optimized properly. Hopefully it pans out this time, I don't want to see this series die out after they made it clear that they were willing to listen to feedback and improve their products.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

DarthNocturnal

I guess it's OK that I held off on getting it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic