Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 3,141 to 3,160 of 3,227

Peek-a-boo

@Grumblevolcano I thoroughly hope they show some new games, because they could really do with reassuring Xbox owners that there is more than just a sequel to Ori and the Blind Forest, Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 next year, the latter two of which have been publicly known for over two years now.

I reckon a date to pre-order the Xbox One X will be revealed as soon as the event ends, a showcase of all the past and future Xbox One X enhanced games as well as a pre-order bonus of Crackdown 3 for those who shall buy an Xbox One X on day one.

I’d love to see a genuine surprise (or two) though!

Peek-a-boo

DarthNocturnal

Is there even that much to say about the XB1X though? Aside from a release date. I thought they covered everything else at E3.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

Grumblevolcano

@Peek-a-boo I could see more details for the Halo Wars 2 expansion happening, maybe even being able to preorder it too. I honestly think this year's focus is already existing games, instead of stuff that'll last a year having already existing stuff expanded to more years. So kind of like how Ubisoft has handled The Division, Rainbow Six Siege, Ghost Recon Wildlands, etc.

Then E3 2018 being when the next heavy hitters are announced like Halo 6.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@Peek-a-boo There's a new 2018 game confirmed, Crackdown 3. It has been delayed.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

I believe this was the only game that was scheduled to launch alongside the Xbox One X...

So yeah...

Octane

Peek-a-boo

Christ on a bike!

I actually thought you were joking at first... It was supposed to be the Xbox One X flagship game.

This has been by far and away the grimmest year for the Xbox brand in terms of software since the original Xbox came out sixteen years ago, back in 2001.

Literally just Halo Wars 2, Cuphead and Forza Motorsport 7 in an entire year. The only positive - if you can indeed call it one - is that the first half of the year in 2018 will see at least four new games on the Xbox One (and PC); Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3.

What’s going on at Microsoft? To be a fly on a wall over there...

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Sunday's event may shed some light on the situation. Releasing a console without any games alongside it doesn't seem like a good idea, even Nintendo's handheld variants had games launching at the same time as the console (e.g. 3DS XL launched with NSMB2, New 3DS launched with MM3D and MH4U, New 2DS XL launched with Hey! Pikmin and Miitopia)

Grumblevolcano

MsJubilee

CrackDown3 is truly in development hell. It's going for four years in the works now. Christ

I've died. There is no more me

Crack Down 3 runs at 30 frames "The best frames no compromises" Halo Wars 2 runs 22 and below on Xbox One X "It's a monster" AC origins runs at 30 FPS on the Xbox One X "The most powerful console ever"

3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Ryu_Niiyama

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Peek-a-boo There's a new 2018 game confirmed, Crackdown 3. It has been delayed.

Annnnd time to sell the xbone. This is nuts. You had one job microsoft!!

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Villanova University: 2016 NCAA Champs! GO NOVA NATION! 2008 Alumna

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

CanisWolfred

@MsJubilee It's also one of the rare Xbox exclusives I care about, too. I hope it's at least decent whenever it releases. It sounds like they wanted to do some physics stuff, so mabe they want the launch state to be better than Just Cause 3, Mercenaries 2, [insert buggy disaster here] that came before it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

MrGawain

Neither the XB1 or the PS4 have exactly stellar 1st party releases left for this year now, do they?

Of course it opens up the debate of if trying to make something for the higher powered iteration that can run on the original is stifling these games? Or you could also argue that trying to make them the most beautiful thing in the world is just leaving the XB1 with a bunch of cancelled and constantly delayed games and nothing to play.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

Octane

@MrGawain Forza vs GTS, Uncharted, Knack 2 and Everybody's Golf (and the Patapon and LocoRoco remasters for what it's worth). At least there's Uncharted, and Knack 2 looks better than the first game...

The difference is that Sony had a great line-up up until now, whereas Microsoft has yet to release anything substantial this year besides Halo Wars 2. I wonder if the delay will have any effect on the launch of the X.

Octane

IceClimbers

There's also Yakuza Kiwami coming up, but that's not 1st party.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MsJubilee

@CanisWolfred No interest in CupHead?

I've died. There is no more me

Crack Down 3 runs at 30 frames "The best frames no compromises" Halo Wars 2 runs 22 and below on Xbox One X "It's a monster" AC origins runs at 30 FPS on the Xbox One X "The most powerful console ever"

3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Gamer83

2017 has been the worst year for an Xbox console that I can remember. This is 2008 Wii levels of dry. At least Wii got Mario Kart and Smash that year though.

Gamer83

Grumblevolcano

@Gamer83 I'd compare it more to 2016 Wii U where Crackdown 3 is BotW.

Grumblevolcano

Peek-a-boo

@Gamer83 Just found out that this is the quietest year ever for Microsoft Game Studios:

Microsoft Game Studios retail output by year:

2006 - 4
2007 - 13 (the amazing year of Blue Dragon, Crackdown, Forza Motorsport 2, Halo 3, Mass Effect and Project Gotham Racing 4)
2008 - 8
2009 - 7
2010 - 11 (the year of the Kinect; seven out of those eleven games are for the Kinect)
2011 - 8
2012 - 10
2013 - 8 (Xbox One launched)
2014 - 7
2015 - 6
2016 - 5
2017 - 3

It’s a good job that 2018 will see at the very least a twofold improvement on just three games this year...

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

So it seems the Yapyap is coming today/tomorrow, the final Halo Wars 2 season pass content. Seems all but confirmed that the expansion will be at the Gamescom event on Sunday.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

DarthNocturnal

Looks like Xbox has a 2nd stream on Monday specifically for the 20th Anniversary of Age of Empires. We already know about AoE: Definitive Edition.... AoE4 maybe?

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic