Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 3,081 to 3,100 of 3,237

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal Ultimate Edition contains:
Forza Horizon 3
Forza Horizon 3 VIP
Forza Horizon 3 Car Pass
Forza Horizon 3 All-Stars Pack

So to get everything, all you need is Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition and Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarthNocturnal

The Ultimate Edition isn't..... ultimate? I'm detecting a trend with MS exclusives with such naming schemes...

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

Peek-a-boo

@DarthNocturnal Remember when I spoke about my friend who likes his racing games on the previous page?

He purchased the 'ultimate' edition of Forza Horizon 3 that costed him £80 or £90, which is CA$150 (!) only for the first expansion to show up as locked when he approached it in the game. Turns out that the 'ultimate' edition doesn't even included the expansion area(s).

Had to pay another £40 for the expansion pass on top of paying £80-90 for the game on day one; £130 in all (CA$220).

Flipping ridiculous, isn't it? I was not surprised about the recent news of the Halo Wars 2 story add-on the other day - they have done it a couple of times before, and will happily do it a couple of times again too.

You may wish to wait until September when the game hits its first anniversary, as Forza Horizon 2 had a first anniversary sale and a bundle that included everything at a slightly discounted price. Up to you though!

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

Halo Wars 2 I can understand, given it was meant to be a holiday 2016 game the "season" was planned to end in late summer/early fall just like virtually every other season pass. The game got delayed to February but they decided to keep the same ending date of the "season" by releasing 9/10 months of content in 6/7 months. On the blog it says that both Arbiter and Jerome are leaders for June, that would've been June and July's content if Halo Wars 2 had not been delayed to February.

I don't like the approach taken with the Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition though, it should've come with the expansion pass.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarthNocturnal

@Peek-a-boo

Yikes...... that must've been a real slap in the face.

I'm in no hurry to buy it (especially NOW ), so I'll see if history repeats with a bundle/ sale. Plus, I believe it has a demo I can try.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

Grumblevolcano

Forza 7 is going to be 100GB at launch it seems.

Grumblevolcano

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Forza 7 is going to be 100GB at launch it seems.

If you went out to buy a 500GB Xbox One S today, and you bought and downloaded The Master Chief Collection, Halo 5: Guardians, Gears of War: Ultimate and Gears of War 4, that would make up 320GB altogether.

Bearing in mind that the Xbox One reserves 138GB (!!!) of space for its OS and 'other functions', you would not even be able to boot up let alone play Forza Motorsport 7, seeing as you'd only have 40GB of space left...

I'm hoping that 2TB is the standard for the next PlayStation and the Xbox One X Box.

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

@Peek-a-boo Well that mess is across all current platforms. For Switch, if you got these digitally you'd not have enough space for Splatoon 2:

• BotW + Expansion Pass
  • MK8 Deluxe
  • ARMS
  • Lego City Undercover

XB1 and PS4 could've done with 1TB being the smallest size, Switch could've done with SD card bundles.

Grumblevolcano

DarthNocturnal

I got a 1TB (Fallout bundle). A year and a half later, and I'm only just now getting to the point where I'm contemplating getting an external HDD (I have MCC and Halo 5). I do have a few games I could uninstall though. Titanfall doesn't get played much, and I'd rather have the 2nd. Battlefront will clear space for BF2. If I ever get BF1, I'll probably uninstall BF4. Not sure what I'll do for Sea of Thieves and Monster Hunter (although there's a good chance they won't be NEARLY as big).

That said, my internet isn't exactly 2017 fast. So I'm not the kind to just uninstall on a whim (unless the game is smaller). I'm definitely eyeing one of those super portable external HDDs with 2 TBs.

Still, it's better then Wii U or Switch, where ONE game can take up a 3rd or more of the system's storage space.

Peek-a-boo

@Grumblevolcano I was pointed and laughed at by a couple of members on here when I said that 32GB simply isn't good enough for the Switch when it was first officially revealed back in January (?)

Well, look who's laughing now...

The densest game in terms of memory on my PlayStation 4 Pro is Uncharted 4, which sits at 48GB.

The likes of Horizon Zero Dawn is only 33GB, while Grand Theft Auto V is just 45GB (including the separate GTA Online component) and this begs the question; why are so many Microsoft published games pushing 100GB these days? Those three games above are a visual tour de force, and are all under 50GB too.

The whole situation is becoming crazy.

Thankfully, both the PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X are 1TB standard, which is fine... for now.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

@Peek-a-boo Outside of Forza 7 which is more a result of 4K gaming, the really large XB1 games are a result of replacing DLC with free updates. Halo 5 which is just under 100GB had monthly content updates for awhile and even got some content updates afterwards (e.g. Anvil's Legacy on September 8th 2016, Monitor's Bounty on December 8th 2016). Combine that with general bug fixes updates even happening this year and you've got a gigantic file size.

Gears of War 4 has a similar situation (the season pass is for permanent access to maps) with monthly updates adding new content and lots of stuff was added in this month's update from new horde mode stuff to more new maps to even a new harder difficulty for modes like campaign. The file size adds up over time.

You can kind of apply this logic to Switch too. By the end of this year it'll probably be that BotW, ARMS and Splatoon 2 alone fills up the internal memory because ARMS and Splatoon 2 are getting monthly updates.

Grumblevolcano

DarthNocturnal

@Grumblevolcano

Halo 5 started high and got even higher, GoW 4 was 100GB AT LAUNCH from what I remember, and I know games that are only just hitting 30-40 GBs AFTER all their updates.

It's not a result of free updates. It's the result of some odd shenanigans.

WebHead

Man how big is Halo 6 going to be?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal Both Halo 5 and Gears of War 4 were about 50-60GB at launch, they increased through the monthly updates.

Grumblevolcano

WebHead

So I am considering an Xbox One X
Pros:
-The power
-The controller
-XBL
-BC
-Halo 5, Gears 4, Super Lucky's Tale, etc

Cons:
-Price, especially with things like Gold, external HDD
-Future MS first party looks unimpressive
-Proper support in question due to likely weak sales post-holiday
-Will likely have to give up my PS4 as I probably can't afford to have and support both

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

SharkAttackU

You guys know you can uninstall a game and keep your saves, thus eliminating the need for an external HDD, right? Just reinstall a game if you want to replay it. You have nothing to worry about, especially if you buy physical discs.

SharkAttackU

Grumblevolcano

@SharkAttackU Time is the important factor, reinstalling games can take several hours especially if digital.

Grumblevolcano

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano Well, that just answered my question about if XBox patches are as obscenely huge as Playstation patches these days...

How does only Nintendo get this right?

NEStalgia

DarthNocturnal

@NEStalgia

Nintendo are compression wizards. And wizards at a lot of things, really. Plus Switch games are naturally smaller, due to some reason I can't quite remember.

Also, keep in mind that those few games are the exception. Like I said, a lot of other 3rd party games might hit 30-40+ GB after a year or more of updates/ patches.

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal Lower res textures and such make switch games smaller overall, as well as no 7.1ch audio....HOWEVER....all of that stuff SHOULD be in the disc to begin with. The main difference is Nintendo actually releases the game complete and patches are about fixing broken things rather than delivering the rest of the game. But, considering all of Arms is 2.2 GB and all of MK8D is 4.5 that compression is still amazing. The full GAME is smaller than the patches from most companies.

30-40GB for a PATCH is just gross. That should never ever ever have been acceptable. What is in there that was not on the disc? Code fixes are like 4-9mb. They're patching whole textures? Or are they just being sloppy and replacing entire directories/archive files when only one small change was made rather than just applying the delta? It's frustrating and infurating how the company that "doesn't understand online" seems to be doing it better than...well...ok, Sony's believable they have no idea what they're doing with OSes...never have.. But Microsoft?!

One of the big problems though is when they keep rolling DLC packs into mandatory patches instead of making them separate downloads. So to get the 2mb fix that makes the game not crash at the end of chapter 1 (Looking at you, Just Cause 3 on PS4.) you need to download 8GB of DLC you have no intention of buying. Uncharted 4, I never patched it at all. If it had a critical failure I'd have just tossed the game. I'm not downloading 24GB of stuff meant for extra maps for online DLC for a game I just want to play the campaign on. Sad to see XBox has the same issue. I'd have loved to have seen separate patches from them. That alone would have converted me.

Maybe the best way to go about it is buy everything, day 1, and install/patch it so it works, before they push out the DLCs. Ugh!

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic