Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 11,914

LzWinky

If Sony does the same, then Gamestop will forever support the Wii U :3

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Jaz007

Midnight3DS wrote:

Einherjar wrote:

They arent blocked per se. They are hidden behind a pay wall. If the Disc ID was syched with another account beforehand, the disc wont be able to install (which is mandatory) unless you pay an extra fee. So, broken down this means: you go and buy a used game, and then, you have to pay again to install it. In the end, youll pay the same amount (knowing gamestop, maybe even more) for a used disc than for a fresh, new one (which youll never use again) That systems seems to be all kinds of fun

Sony is probably taking a similar route with used games. All this would explain why EA is not continuing with Online Pass. I prematurely gave them a pat on the back, and should have known it wasn't out of the goodness of their hearts.

EA will still support Wii U a bit even without a used game block, Sony will probably be able to force EA to not have a used game block on PS4. Console makers have forced third-party to do a lot of things without losing them. The used game blocking might be why EA is giving Microsoft exclusive goodies for a few games. I highly doubt EA would consider PS4 worth skipping because of no used game blocking. They would lose too many sales. Console makers can strong arm third-party more than third-partys can strong arm console makers.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

SCRAPPER392

Xbox One will be fine. Do you guys think Microsoft would seriously hinder consumer freedom this much? Come on. It's more likely people just don't understand how they can be using these methods of connectivity without a thorough explanation which they aren't willing to share yet. How do we know there's no 3G chip or some other BS inside that gives you possible internet all the time? Maybe the Xbox One will be 4G USB adaptor enabled...
I honestly could care less about the discs. I'll be buying the games as DLC anyway. I really don't think they've given enough info for everyone to be all concerned.
I think the console looks great. It will look nice next to my Wii U console. Lets just see how things play out before jumping the gun by at most 6 months. When the console is nearing release(and people have gotten more hands on), we'll have more info.
As for people judging on the name: Wow. Considering the name as a sell point just threw the spec argument out the window, which didn't hold any concrete relevance in the first place.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

turtlelink

Well, there's nothing really new about the Xbox One that I'd utilize. I know the main reason I would get a PS4 is for that Share button. That feature is going to be huge for me and the other people in the fighting game community.

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

OptometristLime

SCAR392 wrote:

]Xbox One will be fine. Do you guys think Microsoft would seriously hinder consumer freedom this much? Come on. It's more likely people just don't understand how they can be using these methods of connectivity without a thorough explanation which they aren't willing to share yet. How do we know there's no 3G chip or some other BS inside that gives you possible internet all the time? Maybe the Xbox One will be 4G USB adaptor enabled...

speculatory nonsense, PC gamers know what always online means where have you been?

I honestly could care less about the discs. I'll be buying the games as DLC anyway. I really don't think they've given enough info for everyone to be all concerned.

it doesn't affect me, therefore it's an okay feature... what kind of BS is that? This could be a serious issue for those without a reliable internet connection.

I'm sorry but your sugar-coating is nauseating, let the truth set you free!

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

SCRAPPER392

@OptometristLime
My point is that, much like Wii U, everyone is jumping the gun without info we apparently don't have to make a final judgement of the console. Lets see how the console works and handles online first hand, before coming to any conclusions.

Qwest

TysonOfTime

Wow.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

shingi_70

OptometristLime wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

]Xbox One will be fine. Do you guys think Microsoft would seriously hinder consumer freedom this much? Come on. It's more likely people just don't understand how they can be using these methods of connectivity without a thorough explanation which they aren't willing to share yet. How do we know there's no 3G chip or some other BS inside that gives you possible internet all the time? Maybe the Xbox One will be 4G USB adaptor enabled...

speculatory nonsense, PC gamers know what always online means where have you been?

it doesn't affect me, therefore it's an okay feature... what kind of BS is that? This could be a serious issue for those without a reliable internet connection.

I'm sorry but your sugar-coating is nauseating, let the truth set you free!

Major Nelson said this in a chat eariler

We're working on a plan for Xbox One is a platform that allows all creators, including those who work on games and apps, regardless of team size, funding, biz model, etc. to be a part of the future of Xbox One

While preliminary news is bad and disappointing i'll wait till we get some concrete info because microsoft still doesn't have other stuff finalized. ALso Build is next month which is when were going to hear more developer stuff. I also find it weird that they wouldn't allow self publishing when Windows 8 and Windows Phone stores allow one to do so and the OS is partly built off of it. I mean they have been pushing for being able to develop cross platform apps/games which is apart of why the One OS is built upon the RT kernel.

Just seems weird when the Windows 8 app store is pretty lax and has fairly good developer polcies. .

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

@Sony_70
What did Major Nelson say? I have no clue where to find any info about this. I can't find any replay videos of the announcement, and Major Nelson is apparently answering questions, but I don't have a link.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

shingi_70

TysonOfTime wrote:

Wow.

Whats to wow about? Its true that this potential move by microsoft is going to hurt the indie movement in the long run espically if the One becomes the dominant system this generation. If indie game fall than the mid teir game is essentially dead.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70
What did Major Nelson say? I have no clue where to find any info about this. I can't find any replay videos of the announcement, and Major Nelson is apparently answering questions, but I don't have a link.

It was from a Q/A on his site today. THat was the only piece of info that different sound processed or just what we already knew.

WAT!

Betelgroose

I thought this happened yesterday?

"From tiny acorns, mighty oak trees grow, and those oak trees have guns and are flipping awesome" -Bunny Lord
Uhhhh... I like potatoes...

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2393-2290 | Nintendo Network ID: Groose_Lord

TysonOfTime

Sony_70 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

Wow.

Whats to wow about? Its true that this potential move by microsoft is going to hurt the indie movement in the long run espically if the One becomes the dominant system this generation. If indie game fall than the mid teir game is essentially dead.

I was just surprised at how he said it... I mean, it's not often that the competition is disappointed with your decisions, now is it? I just found the tweet to be very powerful... and very true.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

shingi_70

TysonOfTime wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

Wow.

I was just surprised at how he said it... I mean, it's not often that the competition is disappointed with your decisions, now is it? I just found the tweet to be very powerful... and very true.

Well his twitter bio says his views probably aren't the same as his employers.

WAT!

sugarpixel

My concern is that this could potentially end up every bit as bad as it seems. If what we're hearing is true, then this definitely has what it takes to potentially disappoint a lot of people. All hope is not lost, but the potential is undeniably there.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic