Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,861 to 2,880 of 11,903

Grumblevolcano

Well the respawning is to do with the infection flood enemies (the small ones). A marine/elite/brute gets infected, you kill the infected marine/elite/brute and then another infection flood enemy reinfects the marine/elite/brute causing it to respawn. If I recall correctly, infected enemies can only respawn once.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peek-a-boo

I went out for a few drinks with my friend yesterday evening, and since he is the only person I know who has an Xbox One (the original VHS-alike model), I asked what he makes of the Xbox One X.

He is actually considering to give his Xbox One to a children's hospice, just like I did when I originally gave away both my Wii and Xbox 360 about three or four years ago, and he's thinking about buying an Xbox One S when Forza Motorsport 7 comes out in September, as he likes his racing games and is always playing on the trio of DiRT Rally, Forza Horizon 3 and Project CARS.

He earns a decent wage, which further surprises me to hear that the Xbox One X doesn't do anything for him!

I guess I am pondering if anybody on here is considering to buy an Xbox One X in five months time?

It is $499 in the US, $599 in Canada, $649 in Australia, €499 in Europe and £449 in the UK. This is without any game(s) bundled inside the box too...

p.s. I only caught bits and bobs of the Microsoft presser on Sunday however, did anybody see/read anything on the game 'Below'? It was first shown in 2013, and I haven't heard a peep out of Below for what seems like years.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Well, the numbers for PS4 Pro aren't ''amazing'' either. They're not taking over the regular PS4 sales. I believe around 25% of PS4 sales are PS4 Pro, and the PS4 Pro was a system that launched at €399. I suspect the Xbox One X will have even less impact on the Xbox One sales given that it's priced at €499. In the end, it's the games that matter, so I don't think the X will change anything in the gaming landscape at all.

This was from earlier this year:

''But Capy rose to prominence in later years by winning acclaim on the indie circuit. It built up an audience with games like Might and Magic and Super Time Force, and the company’s Below remains a greatly anticipated title. The developer announced that it would be “going dark” to work on the Windows PC and Xbox One project last summer, however, announcing that Below would be indefinitely delayed in the process.''

https://www.polygon.com/2017/3/9/14871652/capy-games-ok-ko-le...

Octane

Peek-a-boo

@Octane Aw, I was hoping that I had missed new information on Below in between announcements that I didn't pay much attention to. It has been a shy over four years since Capy first revealed it... what's going on?

I also found out that Ashen is no longer exclusive to Xbox One either, given that it was labelled as 'console launch exclusive' or whatever exclusive-related buzzword that was used one too many times during their E3 show. Quite pleased to know that I can play this one, given the Dark Souls-esque influence the game carries.

Tacoma (from the creators of Gone Home) also carried the 'console launch exclusive' label, hooray!

I'm now beginning to wonder just how many of those 22 'exclusive' games are truly exclusive to Xbox One.

2017:
Halo Wars 2 - 21st of February
Cuphead - 27th of September
Forza Motorsport 7 - 3rd of October
Crackdown 3 - 7th of November

Just four exclusive games in a single year, with nearly an eight months wait between Halo Wars and Forza Motorsport (!)

2018:
Ori and the Will of the Wisps - a vague '2018' release date
Sea of Thieves - 'Early 2018'
State of Decay 2 - 'Spring 2018'

And probably the usual Forza Horizon 4 and Halo 6 in September and October respectively.

I am sure Xbox fans will lap up those games however, they are no longer my kind of thing anymore.

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

@DarthNocturnal I may well give Microsoft a bit of a ribbing from time to time however, I actually genuinely think that CA$599 is very, very good considering $499 at today's going rate is around CA$680.

Even the Australian price is good too, at AU$649, which is actually AU$20 cheaper than today's going rate.

While $499 for the Xbox One X is a tall asking price, especially without a game bundled inside too, I do honestly believe that Microsoft have done well with the price of their new system elsewhere... and nowhere is more generous than in Canada where you are technically paying CA$80 less than today's going rates.

Peek-a-boo

NEStalgia

Question for the XBone owners, and particularly XBone owners that also own a PS4. How big do patches tend to be on the platform compared to PS4? Also, between the two systems, is download management handled any better on one or the other if you do NOT wish to download something? One thing that drives me nuts with PS4 is it's very unintuative to turn off downloading of patches I don't want, and most games seem to bundle DLC I'm not buying in with downloads. As I result I've actually disabled networking on the machine most of the time except if I explicitly want to download a patch. Something I've not had to do on Nintendo consoles, ever.

Does XBone handle that aspect better? (that's probably the biggest thing I've been wondering about it.)

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal Thanks. Yeah, that sounds like a properly working system to me. I disabled auto updates on PS4, but then when I launch a game for which a patch is available it then proceeds to start downloading it anyway. I go into their queue management screen, and I can either pause or cancel and delete the download. If I cancel and delete it might spontaneously start downloading in the background gain. If I pause it stays paused and then resumes the next time I reboot. It's infuriating, especially with games where they darned DLC is in the patch, or games like Unity, where patches are 20+GB.

Sounds like One has a much better (or rather much more broken) system than that. Honestly it's a little surprising given how Win10 updates work

NEStalgia

SharkAttackU

@Peek-a-boo I'm not sure any were true exclusives. Ashen is still a Microsoft (Xbox/PC) exclusive with no PS4 or Switch release afaik. Everspace is a similar deal.

I don't think MS is doing true console exclusives anymore. They have two platforms with PC and Xbox, so they allow content to be released on both rather than holding it hostage. It's a win for gamers and it's a consumer friendly policy imo.

SharkAttackU

RR529

Just because no one here has brought it up:

X
B(ox)
O(ne)
X

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Grumblevolcano

Oh joy, that June Gears of War 4 update is 25.21GB.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal Ultimate Edition contains:
Forza Horizon 3
Forza Horizon 3 VIP
Forza Horizon 3 Car Pass
Forza Horizon 3 All-Stars Pack

So to get everything, all you need is Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition and Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass.

Grumblevolcano

Peek-a-boo

@DarthNocturnal Remember when I spoke about my friend who likes his racing games on the previous page?

He purchased the 'ultimate' edition of Forza Horizon 3 that costed him £80 or £90, which is CA$150 (!) only for the first expansion to show up as locked when he approached it in the game. Turns out that the 'ultimate' edition doesn't even included the expansion area(s).

Had to pay another £40 for the expansion pass on top of paying £80-90 for the game on day one; £130 in all (CA$220).

Flipping ridiculous, isn't it? I was not surprised about the recent news of the Halo Wars 2 story add-on the other day - they have done it a couple of times before, and will happily do it a couple of times again too.

You may wish to wait until September when the game hits its first anniversary, as Forza Horizon 2 had a first anniversary sale and a bundle that included everything at a slightly discounted price. Up to you though!

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

Halo Wars 2 I can understand, given it was meant to be a holiday 2016 game the "season" was planned to end in late summer/early fall just like virtually every other season pass. The game got delayed to February but they decided to keep the same ending date of the "season" by releasing 9/10 months of content in 6/7 months. On the blog it says that both Arbiter and Jerome are leaders for June, that would've been June and July's content if Halo Wars 2 had not been delayed to February.

I don't like the approach taken with the Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition though, it should've come with the expansion pass.

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Forza 7 is going to be 100GB at launch it seems.

Grumblevolcano

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Forza 7 is going to be 100GB at launch it seems.

If you went out to buy a 500GB Xbox One S today, and you bought and downloaded The Master Chief Collection, Halo 5: Guardians, Gears of War: Ultimate and Gears of War 4, that would make up 320GB altogether.

Bearing in mind that the Xbox One reserves 138GB (!!!) of space for its OS and 'other functions', you would not even be able to boot up let alone play Forza Motorsport 7, seeing as you'd only have 40GB of space left...

I'm hoping that 2TB is the standard for the next PlayStation and the Xbox One X Box.

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

@Peek-a-boo Well that mess is across all current platforms. For Switch, if you got these digitally you'd not have enough space for Splatoon 2:

• BotW + Expansion Pass
  • MK8 Deluxe
  • ARMS
  • Lego City Undercover

XB1 and PS4 could've done with 1TB being the smallest size, Switch could've done with SD card bundles.

Grumblevolcano

Peek-a-boo

@Grumblevolcano I was pointed and laughed at by a couple of members on here when I said that 32GB simply isn't good enough for the Switch when it was first officially revealed back in January (?)

Well, look who's laughing now...

The densest game in terms of memory on my PlayStation 4 Pro is Uncharted 4, which sits at 48GB.

The likes of Horizon Zero Dawn is only 33GB, while Grand Theft Auto V is just 45GB (including the separate GTA Online component) and this begs the question; why are so many Microsoft published games pushing 100GB these days? Those three games above are a visual tour de force, and are all under 50GB too.

The whole situation is becoming crazy.

Thankfully, both the PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X are 1TB standard, which is fine... for now.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

@Peek-a-boo Outside of Forza 7 which is more a result of 4K gaming, the really large XB1 games are a result of replacing DLC with free updates. Halo 5 which is just under 100GB had monthly content updates for awhile and even got some content updates afterwards (e.g. Anvil's Legacy on September 8th 2016, Monitor's Bounty on December 8th 2016). Combine that with general bug fixes updates even happening this year and you've got a gigantic file size.

Gears of War 4 has a similar situation (the season pass is for permanent access to maps) with monthly updates adding new content and lots of stuff was added in this month's update from new horde mode stuff to more new maps to even a new harder difficulty for modes like campaign. The file size adds up over time.

You can kind of apply this logic to Switch too. By the end of this year it'll probably be that BotW, ARMS and Splatoon 2 alone fills up the internal memory because ARMS and Splatoon 2 are getting monthly updates.

Grumblevolcano

WebHead

Man how big is Halo 6 going to be?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal Both Halo 5 and Gears of War 4 were about 50-60GB at launch, they increased through the monthly updates.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic