Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 281 to 300 of 2,569

Einherjar

They arent blocked per se. They are hidden behind a pay wall. If the Disc ID was syched with another account beforehand, the disc wont be able to install (which is mandatory) unless you pay an extra fee. So, broken down this means: you go and buy a used game, and then, you have to pay again to install it. In the end, youll pay the same amount (knowing gamestop, maybe even more) for a used disc than for a fresh, new one (which youll never use again) That systems seems to be all kinds of fun

Edited on by Lzeon

Einherjar

Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

shingi_70

Einherjar wrote:

They arent blocked per se. They are hidden behind a pay wall. If the Disc ID was syched with another account beforehand, the disc wont be able to install (which is mandatory) unless you pay an extra fee. So, broken down this means: you go and buy a used game, and then, you have to pay again to install it. In the end, youll pay the same amount (knowing gamestop, maybe even more) for a used disc than for a fresh, new one (which youll never use again) That systems seems to be all kinds of fun

I honestly don't have a problem with that. i have a problem with the fee being the same amount as a full game. If the fee were say $15 I would pay it withput blinking

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Lzeon

Einherjar wrote:

They arent blocked per se. They are hidden behind a pay wall. If the Disc ID was syched with another account beforehand, the disc wont be able to install (which is mandatory) unless you pay an extra fee. So, broken down this means: you go and buy a used game, and then, you have to pay again to install it. In the end, youll pay the same amount (knowing gamestop, maybe even more) for a used disc than for a fresh, new one (which youll never use again) That systems seems to be all kinds of fun

Effectively making used games completely pointless since the "fee" is around the same as a new game

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon Rank: S for SOOOOOOO GOOD
Fates Castle ID: 15449-70849-36123-61987 (Revelation)

My Splatloggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

HawkeyeWii

brooks83 wrote:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Simple little to no one buys it. Nintendo and MS both screwed up their names. PS4 will reign supreme, I guarantee. You remember these posts 6 years from now, idk how, but you remember, because this is what is going to happen.

I don't think the name of the console really matters if there are games and features that people want. If the name determines what consoles will fail, the Wii would have never been successful.

That made no sense. Had a console been named the Wii before?... No
Is there an Xbox one more than 10 years ago? Yes.
And for the Wii U. Was there a console the the name Wii before? Yes
There you go, not very difficult to understand.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

I also heard you have to have permission... Yes Permission to play the games you bought. That's a nice feature... NOT!!!!!!!
What a bunch of garbage.
I have decided to make my secondary console the PS4 and not the Xbox 720,.... I mean One, because that makes so much sense.
That would be like if Sony named there new console the PlayStation One lol. What were they thinking?????

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Auracle

HawkeyeWii wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Simple little to no one buys it. Nintendo and MS both screwed up their names. PS4 will reign supreme, I guarantee. You remember these posts 6 years from now, idk how, but you remember, because this is what is going to happen.

I don't think the name of the console really matters if there are games and features that people want. If the name determines what consoles will fail, the Wii would have never been successful.

That made no sense. Had a console been named the Wii before?... No
Is there an Xbox one more than 10 years ago? Yes.
And for the Wii U. Was there a console the the name Wii before? Yes
There you go, not very difficult to understand.

@HawkeyeWii - But, isn't that the same case with PlayStation? All four so far are called "PlayStation" followed by number. I can kinda see where you're coming from with Xbox One, but your Wii/Wii U point seems twisted. :/

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

shingi_70

HawkeyeWii wrote:

I also heard you have to have permission... Yes Permission to play the games you bought. That's a nice feature... NOT!!!!!!!
What a bunch of garbage.
I have decided to make my secondary console the PS4 and not the Xbox 720,.... I mean One, because that makes so much sense.
That would be like if Sony named there new console the PlayStation One lol. What were they thinking?????

Becuase One is great from a marketing point.

Its the one place to get everything
Its the one you need
One system for all your needs
The One place to view the NFL

and whatever else MArketing Crap they're going to spin.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Peach64

There was never a console called the Xbox One. People like to assign the number 1 to the original of anything but that's not what they are called. Guess what, there's no such thing as Die Hard 1, there's no such thing as Halo 1 or Tomb Raider 1.

Peach64

CanisWolfred

^That doesn't replace the fact that people already associate "Xbox one" with the original Xbox, and absolutely will make conversations about the console very confusing for quite some time. Years, perhaps.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

WingedSnagret

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Everyone here gets so butt hurt about Nintendo doom and gloom post but many of you are preaching Xbox doom and gloom after a couple hours? Seems much more reasonable to talk about the doom of Wii U at this point than the doom of Xbox One. One small showing of it and saying it going to fail. That's ignorance at its best.

The way I see it, it's payback for all the crap talk the Wii U has been getting as of late. Childish for certain, but that's just how the Internet works.

Not to mention, this is after all a Nintendo based website, so of course we're going to be more critical about it.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Lzeon

And yet many were discussing the doom of the Wii U even before its release. We are simply returning the favor to Sony and Microsoft fans

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon Rank: S for SOOOOOOO GOOD
Fates Castle ID: 15449-70849-36123-61987 (Revelation)

My Splatloggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Midnight3DS

From my general observation of general game forums, there's a fairly consistant pattern. Wii-U tends not to be taken seriously, and often a punchline. X1 is currently taking a pounding on forums and youtube. PS4 is generally the preferred next gen console, with all it's warts. PCers range from PC or bust, to PC and pick a console.

When you go outside the bubble of each respective fanbase, you get a better picture of the overall vibe. Which isn't to say it's all set in stone. The finish line could look different all kinds of ways.

Edited on by Midnight3DS

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

shingi_70

So Major nelson is doing a Yahoo Chat and its funny how many non answers and robotic responses one can give. Though he gave some decent new info on hopefully stuff for smaller developers and the controller .

Also anyone nptice how microsoft showed mutiple ways to do the same poop even though it may be simpler one way. You can control the dashboard with controller, voice, motion, and smartgass. But the whole m hope looked stupid if I can just press a button on my controller or say go home.

Edited on by theblackdragon

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

Untitled

I just can't even.....

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

OptometristLime

kkslider5552000 wrote:

here we are

Just going to drop a huge NSFW on this video. I'm at home but...
still had my volume up LOL

Edited on by Lzeon

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

shingi_70

LuigiMan200 wrote:

He... didn't answer the questions, did he?

Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic