Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,761 to 2,780 of 11,914

Grumblevolcano

Microsoft press conference is longer than 90 mins!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

^ I hope it is more games than Scorpio...

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

gcunit

Peek-a-boo wrote:

@gcunit By allowing Steam on the Scorpio, Steam would take 70% of profits, whereas Microsoft would only claim the remaining 30% on a system that is theirs and theirs alone, even their own first party games! The likelihood of breaking even let alone making a profit with their own games is very, very low.

The chances of this happening is between 0.0001% to 0.000000001%

Here's a suitable gif for this:

Untitled

This article seems to think it's possible: https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/8/15764828/project-scorpio-ru...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Peek-a-boo

@gcunit To be fair, the article in question makes no mention of Steam.

Could Scorpio integrate the Windows 10 store with all those little apps included? Yes, I don't see why not!

Steam, on the other hand? I don't foresee it ever happening.

Peek-a-boo

gcunit

No, I know it doesn't mention Steam, but if Scorpio runs a Steam-compatible version of Windows 10....

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Peek-a-boo

Geoff Knightley just tweeted this bombshell: - https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/873920094346162176

I can now say with confidence Project Scorpio is $499. Unless something changes today, that is what will be announced.

I just simply cannot see Scorpio moving the needle at that kind of price... My Australian friend is rather keen on this, but that is like somewhere in the region of $739 Australian dollars, which is insane!

And Forza Motorsport 7 has been leaked too.

Untitled

Untitled

p.s. Cue a PlayStation 4 Pro price drop from $399 to $349 with Destiny 2 bundled in September.

Peek-a-boo

GrailUK

"Scorpio...You're totally mad!"
Untitled

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Octane

@Peek-a-boo They also dropped the price of the S to $199.

And $499, another point on my bingo list. I've also heard there's an Evil Within 2 coming. I'm on a roll!

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal The main Forza series is every 2 years (always has been since its first game in 2005) but from 2012 onwards the gaps in between have been filled with the spinoff Forza Horizon series.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal Pretty much. Motorsport is like Gran Turismo, main F1 and Project Cars whereas Horizon is more like if a racing game was given the BotW treatment.

Grumblevolcano

NaviAndMii

@Peek-a-boo I dunno - $499 seems surprisingly low as far as I'm concerned...I won't be getting one personally but, for those that are chasing the highest-end performance, they have to expect to pay a premium price...given what it is, $499 seems like a relative steal to me.

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Octane

$499 can also get you an Xbox One S, a PS4 and at least two games...

I don't think this thing will be a big hit, it'll sell to those who are interested in a high-end Xbox, but I doubt it will outsell the One S on a weekly basis.

Octane

GrailUK

I just looked up the word 'niche' and underneath it simply had a picture of the Xbox Scorpio.

NaviAndMii

GrailUK wrote:

I just looked up the word 'niche' and underneath it simply had a picture of the Xbox Scorpio.

...on a shelf next to a 4K TV

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

FGPackers

More than Scorpio (which i was curious at the "start") i'm more curious about software, because for them it's now or never. They better have a good number of hits if show will be more than 90 minutes like recent news said...

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Octane

According to Sammy, PushSquare is going to stream Microsoft tonight (don't think NLife is going to do that?), so feel free to join us over at PushSquare.

Octane

GrailUK

Grumblevolcano

NaviAndMii wrote:

@Peek-a-boo I dunno - $499 seems surprisingly low as far as I'm concerned...I won't be getting one personally but, for those that are chasing the highest-end performance, they have to expect to pay a premium price...given what it is, $499 seems like a relative steal to me.

Well it's kind of similar to the Switch debate to be honest, remember back to when the Switch console and accessory prices were announced. Given the technology it would be a steal but the competition will make that less important and rather that the console should be competitive with the competition instead.

Grumblevolcano

Octane

They're now selling cars apparently...

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic