Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,661 to 2,680 of 11,902

Ralizah

@rallydefault You tested your power supply with another unit?

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

rallydefault

@Ralizah I don't have another Xbox One unit to test the power supply with. Is that what you mean? Is there some other way I could see if the power supply is the issue? I think that could be the issue.

rallydefault

Ralizah

@rallydefault No friends or family with another unit to test it on? It sounds like it might be a power supply issue. I think you can order a new power supply on Ebay for $10 - 15.

RR529

Well, I think my playtime with Assassin's Creed III (360) has come to an abrupt end.

It's had a few freezing issues before (usually during certain cutscenes, and while it's annoying to do this, all I'd have to do is skip that cutscene to move on), but this time it randomly froze in the modern day hub area (as Desmond, in those ruins where they have the Animus set up), and now it freezes whenever I try loading up my save.

I suppose I could just try & start a new game, but after the issues I've had (and the potential of a similar game ending freeze in the future), I'm not sure I really feel up to it. It's a shame too, as things had really started to open up. I had literally just obtained the white robes after my last Connor mission (which was your introduction to ship gameplay), and side missions were starting to pop up, giving me some purpose to explore.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

@RR529 So why not just get AC III on the Wii U?

Anyway with Scalebound cancelled it's got me rethinking of buying an Xbox One. Yeah there's a couple games I'd like to play, Ori and the Blind Forest, Killer Instinct, but Scalebound was the one I was really waiting for. Microsoft has really messed up this gen alot.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Octane

@Tasuki Ori and the Blind Forest is also on PC, don't think the minimal spec requirements are that high?

Octane

Ralizah

Processor: Intel Core i5 2300 or AMD FX6120
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 550 Ti or Radeon HD 6770
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 8 GB available space

Recommended specs for Ori. Not demanding at all.

RR529

@Tasuki, don't have a Wii U. It's no big deal though, as I only spent a few dollars on the game.

I'll still pop it in occasionally to see if it ever gets through.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

@Tasuki At all? That's rough. I can't imagine being without a computer of some sort, even if it's just a ruddy little netbook.

Tasuki

@Ralizah No PC I had one a but a few years ago something went out in it, I am no computer guy so I don't know what to do. All I know is that after about 30 mins of playing a game the computer totally turns off, I was told it might be the vid card but I don't know and I don't know anyone who could fix it so I would have to buy a whole new PC which I don't have the money for. Besides the only game I played on it was WoW and that game is a time sink. Really my phone handles all my PC needs, Web surfing, online purchase etc. So really it's not that bad.

My Backlog

Tasuki

So now that I have decided to wait on Switch, next on my list is Scorpio and see what that brings to the table. Hopefully they will have some info on it here shortly, or at the very least E3.

My Backlog

6ch6ris6

so i am thinking about finally getting a 360. i only had the wii in 7th gen.

i am not sure what SKU to get. slim or E? i wanna use the console with my current 1080p pc-screen via hdmi and use some usb speakers. the speakers have a normal audio cable and get power via usb. can i use them for the 360?
do i need a model with a harddrive or is it okay if i get a model with 4gb flash-memory?
also what about the infamous RRoD? is there a SKU that does not have this problem?

these are the games i plan to get:
Red Dead Redemption
Fallout 3 / New Vegas
Halo 3 / ODST / Halo Wars /Reach / 4
Dead Rising
The Godfather 1-2
Dead Space 2
Project Gotham Racing 3-4
Skate 1-3
De Blob 2
Forza 2-4 / Horizon
Ridge Racer 6

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

gcunit

I haven't had access to an Xbox since my lil bro bought the original many moons ago. But I've now got a One S and interested in the backwards compatibility for 360 games and am looking for suggestions of exclusives worth having.

I've already bought the Gears of War games, Halo: Reach (plus Masterchief Collection) and Fable II. There's a couple of other RPGs I've seen suggested (Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon) but they look like time sinks that I can probably do without. So what am I missing?

Also, does Microsoft do an Xbox Classics digital-only line, similar to the way you can buy PS1 games for the PS3, cos I'd like to be able to get a few of the original Xbox games too without having to get a 360 for BC.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

gcunit

@DarthNocturnal Yep - I've already got Rare Replay, thanks, I probs shoulda mentioned that. Here's hoping for that next stage in emulation then.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Tasuki

So February's Games with Gold have been revealed, they are

Xbox One
Lovers
Project Cars

Xbox 360
Monkey Island 2
Star Wars: The Forced Unleashed

Pretty solid games my only thought is will Star Wars come with all the DLC as well?

My Backlog

theblackdragon

@darthnocturnal did you try the open For Honor Beta? i think it ended yesterday, i watched some gameplay and idk, looked a little boring to me. was kinda bummed about it. i'd hoped there was a little more to it all somehow.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

theblackdragon

meh, maybe they'll release a normal demo with the game, or they'll offer a free weekend like Overwatch does now and again. i had no idea there was an app you had to download on the side, weird.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

@theblackdragon @DarthNocturnal Yeah, not gonna lie, I've been turned off of the For Honor the moment "Ubisoft" and "multiplayer" appeared on the screen during E3. It seems like there's always gotta be a catch with those guys whenever online comes into play...I also didn't know about the App thing, but at the same time, I'm not the least bit surprised.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Grumblevolcano

I'm having a lot of fun with Halo Wars 2, I was right to think this may be my GotY. The single player campaign is fantastic, really enjoyed Blitz mode during the beta and while I haven't played much of the normal multiplayer I liked what I played of it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic