Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 261 to 280 of 11,903

Kyloctopus

Everyone thinks the Xbox will fail because of its first hour shame. Consoles don't work that way. Its still likely to sell well, and it goes beyond that hour. Games are still coming to the system. Microsoft has none of that junk at E3 (Or a little at the most). Now they can give focus to their 15 games.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

OptometristLime

YUS!
Keep 'em coming GIF lord; that was the funniest one yet!

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Einherjar

I didnt watch the reveal of either, the Lets Play Station nor the Xbox -359 (and people laugh about the name Wii U...) but my Youtube subscriptions bombard me with infos...now i know why i didnt spend time watching these conferences
Also...watching TV as the big new feature ? I have no idea how the whole television thing works in the US but here, in germany i cant imagine it to be a feature at all.
We have to pay for TV if we use it or not. It is a MUST and it is there, just plug a cable from the wall to your TV and bam, television. Then youve got a handful of channels that youve paid for and a couple more that are labeled "free TV" that finance themselfes via advertising. If you want more channels (maybe in HD quality) you have to sign another contract and get a special digital TV reciever. Almost every household i know of already has such a reciever. So i cant see what the new Xbox could add there.
It feels kinda like the street pass feature of the 3DS. Its a nice thing but mainly in the region (like japan with its denser populace) it was conceptiualized in.
Like i said, i have no idea how the whole TV thing works over there, maybe it has some usefullnes in the US.

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

NinChocolate

E3 will have a blowout of games this year including what's coming for XOne. It's gonna be a trailer fest more than years previous. Wii U will bat big just can't wait

NinChocolate

MAB

OptometristLime wrote:

YUS!
Keep 'em coming GIF lord; that was the funniest one yet!

Untitled

MAB

RancidVomit86

Everyone here gets so butt hurt about Nintendo doom and gloom post but many of you are preaching Xbox doom and gloom after a couple hours? Seems much more reasonable to talk about the doom of Wii U at this point than the doom of Xbox One. One small showing of it and saying it going to fail. That's ignorance at its best.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

MAB

↑ looks like somebody is ↓
Untitled

MAB

DreamyViridi

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Everyone here gets so butt hurt about Nintendo doom and gloom post but many of you are preaching Xbox doom and gloom after a couple hours? Seems much more reasonable to talk about the doom of Wii U at this point than the doom of Xbox One. One small showing of it and saying it going to fail. That's ignorance at its best.

Isn't that to be expected though?
We're Nintendo fans here (the majority at least), supporting Nintendo and I assume a good amount of us here also support other consoles. So that 'butthurt' is just us backing up the company most of the time. I'm pretty sure PS fans would backup any incoming PS4 doom and gloom. Doom and gloom in general is a little annoying regardless of which console is suffering
I only have Nintendo consoles and I'm not interested in Sony or Microsoft consoles but that's not to say I want the competition to blow. From what I've seen and heard, Xbox fans are being more negative than we are... (by 'we', I mean everyone else here; I have no real opinion on the matter)

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

shingi_70

The Gifs keep them coming. Still anyone who thinks theyis is going to sink the console is fooling themselves. In the eyes of the Hardcore maybe but for the overall user seems to be eating this crap up.

Ryse is an Xboxone esxlusive
Untitled

A crappy quantum break gif I made
Untitled

ANyone know where i fan find high quality footage of Knack and X to try and make an E3 gif.

I think we found a new reggie.
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Einherjar

I may interpret wy too much into it, but:
One of the WiiUs earloy main selling points were off-TV play, so you (or anyone else) could watch TV while you continue to play. Whats the new feature the xbox -359 brings along ? Watching TV...without the added "while yu keep playing" thing.
And if you want to bring this thought to a peak: The PS4s main feature is its social media thing, mainly game streaming...so, you also watch something without playing games.
To be honest...this is not really what i expected from...you know...GAME consoles
And to go into "Fanboy Mode" once again: I guess Nintendo now has nothing to fear from MS. This TV reciever can hardly be called competition And since the majority of games will be multi platform anyways, ill guess the "next next gen" round is a win for sony by default. "Fanboy Rant over" not to be taken THAT seriously

Einherjar

Pokefanmum82

this is the one thing i think is going to hurt the XBox One, the idea that you can no longer share discs with your friends. For them to play your disc or you play theirs is that you have to pay for the license. To me that makes no sense whatsoever. I'm not saying that the XBox One won't sell or that it won't do well. But it might not do as well as it would have if they never made it that way. Another thing that might hurt it is the no backwards compatibility either digitally or physical. Me personally I'd rather get an XBox 360 then get the new XBox one.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

RancidVomit86

Einherjar wrote:

One of the WiiUs earloy main selling points were off-TV play, so you (or anyone else) could watch TV while you continue to play. Whats the new feature the xbox -359 brings along ? Watching TV...without the added "while yu keep playing" thing.
And if you want to bring this thought to a peak: The PS4s main feature is its social media thing, mainly game streaming...so, you also watch something without playing games.
To be honest...this is not really what i expected from...you know...GAME consoles
And to go into "Fanboy Mode" once again: I guess Nintendo now has nothing to fear from MS. This TV reciever can hardly be called competition And since the majority of games will be multi platform anyways, ill guess the "next next gen" round is a win for sony by default. "Fanboy Rant over" not to be taken THAT seriously

You keep making a big deal about it offering ways to enhance TV. Guess you forgot Nintendo's showing of TVii at the Wii U announcement?

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

shingi_70

Huh So that NFL deal cost 400 million and is for more than just games. Looks like the NFL tech wise will be powered by microsoft for the next five years.

Also NFL Sunday Ticket wont be offered by sony any more.

http://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3276/kw/pl...

sigh

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

CanisWolfred

irken004 wrote:

My vita does email, skype and lots of other stuff but I only use it for games and youtube. I've used skype maybe once or twice, it worked fine but I hardly see this being used much on Xbox One.

Yeah, I only use my consoles for gaming...and my phone for calling...and my iPod for music. I use my computer for everything else because it's the most convenient machine for me to do any of that stuff on. If I were to get an Xbox One, it would be solely for games, because I don't need it for anything else.

Really, I have nothing against features, but I am getting tired of buying machines that all do the same stuff...and none of them do it as well as my 5 year old PC.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Einherjar

@RancidVomit86 As this stuff never came out here, ill never paid that much attention. But it wasnt the big selling point, and thats what im talking about. WiiUs selling points are the features to enhance gaming itself, be it the second touch screen, beeing able to play off-tv etc.This TVii thing was a mere side feature and not the focus of the complete press confrence

Einherjar

shingi_70

Einherjar wrote:

To be fair there hasn't been a games console since the sixth generation and that's arguable. These things for the majority of people Entertainment centers.

Some quotes from one of the Xbox Marketing Directors
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-05-22-xbox-one-e3-...

"Seeing is believing. I understand that people want to see the games, play the games and then make a judgement. That's fair and reasonable, and we're not so naïve to think otherwise"

"But we felt that there was another part, and we didn't want to wait until after E3 to start telling that story. So that's why we went with the plan tonight: to come out of the gate with the overall vision for the box, an all-in-one device with games, TV and entertainment. We didn't want to forget games entirely tonight, because then there's the risk that people think we're forgetting them, and that couldn't be further from the truth. But we tried to be clear that E3 completes the story, and that's where you'll see the games."

on used games

"We are building the Xbox One to support the trading and re-selling of used games. We are working through the policies of how that will work right now, but we will not block used games."

Major Nelson said this

We know there is some confusion around used games on Xbox One and wanted to provide a bit of clarification on exactly what we’ve confirmed today. While there have been many potential scenarios discussed, today we have only confirmed that we designed Xbox One to enable our customers to trade in and resell games at retail.

Beyond that, we have not confirmed any specific scenarios.

Another piece of clarification around playing games at a friend’s house – should you choose to play your game at your friend’s house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile.

This fro m the gamestop CEO

GameStop president Tony Bartel has reassured consumers that next-gen games will be able to be bought and sold on the pre-owned market, and explained why that is important as consoles transition.

"Both Sony and Microsoft have said games can be resold and that's exactly what we anticipated. It's a recognised way to make these games more affordable. All three new platforms understand that," Bartel told Forbes.

I'm so confused so it won't block used games.

WAT!

Einherjar

They arent blocked per se. They are hidden behind a pay wall. If the Disc ID was syched with another account beforehand, the disc wont be able to install (which is mandatory) unless you pay an extra fee. So, broken down this means: you go and buy a used game, and then, you have to pay again to install it. In the end, youll pay the same amount (knowing gamestop, maybe even more) for a used disc than for a fresh, new one (which youll never use again) That systems seems to be all kinds of fun

Edited on by LzWinky

Einherjar

shingi_70

Einherjar wrote:

They arent blocked per se. They are hidden behind a pay wall. If the Disc ID was syched with another account beforehand, the disc wont be able to install (which is mandatory) unless you pay an extra fee. So, broken down this means: you go and buy a used game, and then, you have to pay again to install it. In the end, youll pay the same amount (knowing gamestop, maybe even more) for a used disc than for a fresh, new one (which youll never use again) That systems seems to be all kinds of fun

I honestly don't have a problem with that. i have a problem with the fee being the same amount as a full game. If the fee were say $15 I would pay it withput blinking

WAT!

LzWinky

Einherjar wrote:

Effectively making used games completely pointless since the "fee" is around the same as a new game

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic