Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,481 to 2,500 of 11,914

Ralizah

I just wanted to remark that I just got a good look at the GoW Elite controller, and it's really gorgeous. I would be so tempted to get it were I a Bone owner.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Peach64

More footage has been released on the XBLA port of Goldeneye that Nintendo agreed to, and then blocked when the development was complete and it was ready to release. Nintendo would have got Goldeneye on the Virtual Console in return

Peach64

DefHalan

Peach64 wrote:

More footage has been released on the XBLA port of Goldeneye that Nintendo agreed to, and then blocked when the development was complete and it was ready to release. Nintendo would have got Goldeneye on the Virtual Console in return

Seems like Nintendo would have gotten the short end of the stick on that deal

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Peek-a-boo

Classic Nintendo!

Blocking games when they are completed, rather than in the early stages of development.

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

@Peach64 Ah so the setup would've been similar to Halo Anniversary for 360 on the XBLA side. A huge shame that Nintendo blocked it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

Halo 5 is getting a new free update and forge mode is available for free on PC on September 8th. The free update adds 2 maps, more REQs and large additions/improvements to forge mode.

September's Games With Gold are:

• Earthlock: Festival of Magic (XB1)
  • Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China (XB1)
  • Forza Horizon (360)
  • Mirror's Edge (360)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peek-a-boo

@Grumblevolcano That's probably the best month I have seen for Xbox 360, but not so much for the Xbox One.

Forza Horizon was the last game I bought for my Xbox 360 before retiring it for good, along with the last Halo (4) game I bought too. One was a brilliant surprise, the other was rather disappointing.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

Bayonetta is now on Xbox One via Backward Compatibility.

Grumblevolcano

DefHalan

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Bayonetta is now on Xbox One via Backward Compatibility.

But people have told me that the Xbox One doesn't have backwards compatibility...

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Peek-a-boo

I'm sad to see ReCore being given a mixture of 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 out of 10. It is currently sitting in the 'weak' category on OpenCritic.

Untitled

I was really, really hoping it would sit alongside Sunset Overdrive and Ori and the Blind Forest, as there are only a small handful of original and unique IPs on the Xbox One.

It will probably encourage Microsoft to branch out one of their three main pillars (Forza, Gears and Halo) instead of creating a new IP, especially after Quantum Break being a flop (in sales) too.

Not long to go before driving off-road in Australia in Forza Horizon 3. I just realised the other day that there has been two Forza Motorsport and two Forza Horizon games since Gran Turismo 6 came out!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

CanisWolfred

@Peek-a-boo All the reviews seem to say that it's poorly optimized, though the PC reviews have been slightly better about that I guess? Either way, I'll wait a few months to see if it ever improves. Not that I really have a decent place to buy it from right now (Only the Microsoft Store, which is still one of those Windows "apps")

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

@gizmor Probably not if you own a decent PC. Almost every good Western exclusive on 360 is on the PC as well (with the arguable exception of Viva Pinata: it got a PC release, but it's extremely inaccessible, and I'm not sure the superior sequel ever released on PC).

Although, if you're into more Japanese games, 360 got some good exclusives in its first few years. Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Blue Dragon, Culdcept Saga, and Operation Darkness, among others.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Peek-a-boo

Untitled

If anybody on here wants an Xbox One, or a 'cheap' UHD Blu-ray player, wait until Black Friday as this will highly likely be their chosen $249 bundle, even though it hasn't been officially announced (yet).

In other news, Forza Horizon 3 is receiving great reviews; Playground Games are the cream of the British crop, and have used their own pool of talent - as well as hiring ex-Bizarre Creations staff - to good effect!

I can never justify buying a console for just one game though...

Peek-a-boo

-SD-

Untitled

SNK - The Future is Now

Peek-a-boo

Is the above picture real?

Or is it a fan mock-up or something?

Either way, that looks TERRIBLE!

I played Forza Horizon 3 round my friends last night (thanks to Games Collection!) and as somebody who has travelled from Darwin to Adelaide in Australia, they have got everything within the ever changing environment absolutely spot on!

The handling feels 'heavier' than the arcadey lightness of the first two games, but you soon get used to it. Music is good and bad, depending on your tastes, and the playground do-what-you-like nature of the off-road events are brilliant fun.

When you use the photo mode, it makes the game looks a lot better than it does in motion. The trees look awful when you stop and stare at them, and some of the rocky landscape looks like one big low-resolution texture, which takes you out of things a little bit.

All in all, it is arguably going to be the best Xbox One game of the year, just like Forza Horizon 2 was back in 2014.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Gamer83

I haven't played the full version yet, but if the demo is anything to go by, Forza Horizon 3 will top my list of best games of this year.

Gamer83

Peek-a-boo

@DarthNocturnal Thankfully the Forza Horizon series are not simulation racers!

Forza Motorsport = a racing/simulation game
Forza Horizon = open world arcade-ish driving (more point-to-point races than lapping around tracks)

The first Horizon is my favourite because it paved the way for a blend of open world and track-based races in equal measure, whereas Horizon 2 and 3 are more off-road and offers a bigger 'playground' environment to muck around in.

They are all very good though!

It's the only Xbox exclusive I miss being able to play TBH.

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

So Microsoft has put a 2 disc, physical only game on backwards compatibility (Lost Odyssey). It gives hope that maybe Splinter Cell Blacklist makes it over.

Grumblevolcano

CanisWolfred

It's official: My Xbox 360 now has my permission to die. Well, okay, I'm still waiting on two games from Treasure, but the two biggest question marks are apparently coming at the same time. I also wouldn't mind Blue Dragon Showing up on there.

@Grumblevolcano Dude, Lost Odyssey has 4 discs!

EDIT: Also, I'm gonna grab myself a copy of Burnout Revenge & maybe Blue Dragon today.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic