Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 11,914

CanisWolfred

Octane wrote:

@CanisWolfred And so is the image in the advertisement. They're making it out to be smaller than it actually is; at least if the outline is meant to represent the original XOne, and I think it is. It's still huge though..

And the outline looks perfectly accurate when you compare both pictures? Unless that first picture wasn't from Microsoft, and you're referring to the horribly unrealistic diagram that Peek-a-boo linked to, which was indeed blatantly misinformative.

EDIT: Huh, actually, comparing them carefully with a ruler, and it seems like that first outline added about 3 or so inches on both sides of the original Xbone, so you definitely have a point there. Now this is getting obnoxious...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

Oh Geez, Halo is HAAARRD, lol.

Now, I'm making progress everytime I play, but I can't remember the last time I died as often as I have here (probably VVVVVV). Especially against those big dudes with the plasma swords, those guys don't wanna go down, lol.

I'm still on mission 3 too (just freed the commander guy from the holding cell in that Covenant ship, but haven't escaped yet). I can't imagine what it's going to be like later on (and I don't even want to think what people have to go up against in the "Hard" & "Legendary" difficulties, lol).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

theblackdragon

regarding the visual size of the Slim, don't you guys remember the comparisons and slight disbelief over the DSi to DSi XL and 3DS to 3DS XL screens? it's the same thing, slightly strange when actually put on an overlapping diagram but it's legit due to the size being total area as opposed to only length, width, or in this case, could be height too.

@rr529: honestly, you get used to it :3 you'll get a feel for the enemy spawns and learn to choose your battles after a while. sometimes running away and hitting things from afar is better than getting all up in their grill, especially where enemies like Elites and Hunters are concerned (though shotguns work great against both if you're daring!). Elites are a pain in the booty for sure but once you kill one and grab their energy sword, it's good times.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Octane

@theblackdragon Nah, this isn't an optical illusion, it's just plain wrong. The S is about 1 or 2 cm smaller in width, the diagram clearly shows more than twice that amount smaller in width. The entire console may be 40% smaller, but that doesn't mean its width, height and length are all 40% smaller.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

Only just found out that the Xbox One S won't be able to bitstream HD audio codecs for Blu-rays such as Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, and DTS-HD, and is unfortunately stuck with the usual audio standard of Dolby Digital and 7.1 surround sound.

It would have been the BEST UHD Blu-ray player on the market if they implemented Dolby Atmos support. It's nice to see a leap in picture quality however, audio capabilities are very much the 'bog standard'.

$299 for a UHD Blu-ray player is still a very good deal though!

Peek-a-boo

RR529

Just finished up Mission 5 "Assault on the Control Room" in Halo Anniversary, which if I'm not mistaken, puts me at about halfway through?

It was a long mission too, taking me 3 play sessions to work my way through it. There was this one section that almost made me ragequit, though amusingly, a certain foul remark on my part paused the game (it wasn't a fluke either. Afterwards I sat the controller down, tried it 5 more times, and it worked every single time, lol. It stopped working at the next checkpoint, though. Maybe our Kinect got confused, lol).

Anyhow, there were some fun moments too, like getting my hands on a Ghost, and trying to see how far I can get it into narrow areas meant to be played on foot, just blasting everything down the hall, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

My bro is coming back from vacation tonight, so my progress through Halo may slow, but I have managed to work my way through mission 7, "the Library", so I'd say I made pretty good progress these past few days.

the Flood have changed my outlook on what to bring into battle, too. Before I preferred Covenant weapons, particularly the combo of the Plasma Gun (well rounded against most enemies, and plentiful in availability) & Plasma Rifle (the stopping power needed against tougher enemies like the Elite). However now, I find myself using Human weapons. the Assault Rifle which is good for clearing swarms of those little things, and the Shotgun which is good against the bigger enemies that rush you.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Grumblevolcano

I'm having a lot of fun with Warzone Firefight and you can too if you have an XB1 and XBL Gold irrelevant of whether you own Halo 5 or not. It's free to download and play for a week!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryno

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I'm having a lot of fun with Warzone Firefight and you can too if you have an XB1 and XBL Gold irrelevant of whether you own Halo 5 or not. It's free to download and play for a week!

I'm not big into multiplayer but I downloaded the huge game and I am going to try to play through some of the campaign. I don't know, not really feeling it though. I enjoyed Bungie's Halo but 4 and what I have played of 5, pretty meh.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Grumblevolcano

@Ryno 5's campaign is for sure the weakest in the series but the multiplayer is probably one of the best.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peek-a-boo

Halo 5: Guardians may well be free to play for a week, but my friend is still looking at the download bar after nearly two days (!) Isn't the game over 80GB or something?

Good news for both the Xbox One and Windows 10 camp:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/06/29/window...

• Every new title published from Microsoft Studios will support Xbox Play Anywhere and will be easily accessible in the Windows Store.

I guess this means that every single Microsoft published game from here on out will be available for both Xbox One and Windows 10.

The Xbox One isn't selling particularly well (outside of the US and UK) so, making their games available on PC would help them recoup some return on investment.

I don't think we would have seen a 'Play Anywhere' initiative if the Xbox One was as successful as the Xbox 360 though.

Be interesting to see how this new initiative goes!

Peek-a-boo

6ch6ris6

@Peek-a-boo too bad for the people that do not want to get windows 10. like me. i will stick to windows 7. although i would love to get the forza games on PC :/

i think microsoft just wants to get windows 10 out to more people. that's their main goal right now

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Grumblevolcano

@Peek-a-boo I think it may still have happened, don't forget that in the gaming situation there's still a giant question mark known as the NX. Microsoft may have decided to do the Play Anywhere situation in a XB1 success world if the NX actually has a decent online infrastructure to keep the edge over Nintendo.

Seriously though I'm going to be very disappointed if NX digital games and save data are still tied to console rather than NNID or Nintendo Account.

Grumblevolcano

RR529

Finally! After clearing a section that had me stuck the past few days, I finally finished up chapter 8 in Halo Anniversary!

It was pretty much the last main group of enemies you're up against in the mission. It's in a snowy area, and they had 2 tanks, 2 of those big armored dudes who's shots hit with almost the strength of a grenade, and over a dozen other miscellaneous enemies (including a turret for the Grunts to make use of).

I went back and found a Sniper Rifle & Rocket Launcher I missed, and they made things MUCH easier.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

WebHead

Been considering a One S myself honestly.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

RR529

Though my progress has slowed due to the ever increasing difficulty (and the fact that it has to share time with Netflix's Marco Polo), my progress through Halo Anniversary has slowed, but I did manage to finish up chapter 9 tonight!

Only chapter 10 left, hope I can make it!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Peek-a-boo

@RR529 The last level/mission doesn't take very long at all; it is the shortest mission in the game!

I see that Red Dead Redemption is now available to play through the whole back compatibility scheme. I never did finish the game as I was bored by the time I reached Mexico, and the game was already beginning to drag on a little bit before then.

I very, very rarely return to play my old games however, the likes of Black Ops, Halo Reach and Red Dead Redemption are still popular. It might not be for me, but they deserve some goodwill for doing this.

Peek-a-boo

VanillaLake

Awesome Elite deal!

Have a look at the Xbox One Elite with a 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive and the wonderful €150 Elite controller at €349.99 at the official Microsoft store (free shipping):

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/consoles?xr=shellnav

I post this because it's the Xbox One version I bought (at €499).

Edited on by VanillaLake

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0258-0952 | Nintendo Network ID: NNID-Fer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic