Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 11,902

Peek-a-boo

A lot of American websites are really lapping up the whole Project Scorpio whereas the rumours over the past couple of months about the PlayStation 'Neo' was mostly met with disdain.

The whole East and West cheerleader mentally is a little bit too obvious sometimes.

ReCore is going to be a $40 retail game, which somewhat explains its slightly rough-around-the-edges looks about it. The gameplay video was interesting enough to keep me curious.

The trio of Inside, We Happy Few and Tacoma were my highlights; all three being indie games nonetheless!

The best news of the whole conference, for me, is Stardew Valley coming to consoles, even the Wii U!

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

@Grumblevolcano well the leaked artwork from Amazon got hundreds of comments over the last 24 hours, that's one game they're thirsty for there's no doubt about that. Whether it looks like the best thing ever or Metroid Prime Federation Force you can be sure that there will be people en mass trying to make sure you're 100% sure that it will be the best game ever or the surest sign so far of Nintendo's demise.

But then again it's usually a clear-cut case of 'us vs them' on the Internet, not just videogames. But E3 brings out the best and worst of 'gamers'. I'm just trying to have my fun whilst I can, it's only once a year after all.

Oh and I'm downloading Limbo and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for free now too. Can't complain about that!

Shinion

CanisWolfred

Peek-a-boo wrote:

The trio of Inside, We Happy Few and Tacoma were my highlights; all three being indie games nonetheless!

Oh hey I hadn't heard of those ones! Let me check them out...
Checks Them Out

Wow! No wonder why I hadn't heard of them.

Well, at least ReCore was there. Good show, Microsoft. Who's next up? Ubisoft?

...oh hey, I just remembered, I have an appointment at 4 pm, I'm gona have to miss their stream, how conve- I mean, disappointing, oh well, life's sad...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DefHalan

@Grumblevolcano Awesome

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DefHalan

@Peek-a-boo I would figure the PS4 has a much bigger install base and people with a PS4 already are upset but the XB1 has a lower install base so more people are probably excited about the new hardware

kkslider5552000

"**** you" - Microsoft to anyone stupid enough to have already bought an Xbox One.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Peek-a-boo

Somebody needs to go back to the drawing board!

Untitled

Untitled

I do like the look of the Xbox One S though; thoroughly hope it's as quiet as the original model is.

Untitled

Even the packaging is nice!

Untitled

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Ryno

Am I missing something? I thought the money for video game console companies was in the software and not the hardware?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

CanisWolfred wrote:

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Xbox i, now with 50% more perforation.

I'm fine with it looking like swiss cheese, so long as it doesn't melt.

Microsoft vowing to never have a RROD again.

I really don't mind the size of my Xbone. Playing it when it 90 degrees outside and hot as heck in the house and the thing is still whisper quiet whereas my Wii U and PS3 get loud (relatively) when trying to keep cool.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Shinion

I really like the look of the S (God's sake at that name though) and I'd be down for the 2TB model. Except I already have a regular Xbox One with a 2TB hard drive attached to it in a place where its size isn't an issue, and of course the Scorpio on the horizon. It really is baffling how Microsoft are handling selling Xbox One to people until Scorpio, they want to move onto that ASAP but the One seems to be something that will hold them back with their hopes for the Scorpio. Same issue with Sony really, as much as the PS4 is more successful, they will be held back in being required to appease their 40 million and ever growing PS4 owners and so the Neo probably won't usher in a bold new era either.

Really can't find a whisker of excitement in me for either of those new systems. But I reiterate that I'm a happy owner of both the PS4 and Xbox One and so I'm OK with people who've waited getting more options, I don't regret getting in early, so to speak (though 2014 was &£@; &@ £ &&@&@?!).

Shinion

theblackdragon

@DefHalan, @CanisWolfred: Halo games have been on Windows platforms since CE iirc, i remember my husband first played it on a computer. aren't they sticking with the RTS style for HW2? if so, it's perfectly suited for PC gaming :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

DefHalan

@theblackdragon Yeah but the point of Halo Wars 1, kind of, was to do a RTS with a controller. On PC you have mouse and keyboard which will most likely be the better way to play.

Grumblevolcano

@theblackdragon CE and 2 were on Windows but no other Halo games came for Windows until Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike. So these were exclusive to Xbox 360/One:
. Halo 3
. Halo 3 ODST
. Halo Wars
. Halo Reach
. Halo 4
. Halo Master Chief Collection
. Halo 5

Due to the Halo Wars 2 announcement today, Halo Wars is no longer Xbox 360/One exclusive.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

RR529

There was nothing that made me super excited during Microsoft's conference, but it managed to keep my attention, and had some decent looking games at least.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ryno

I felt like this was kinda like E3 2015 2.0. Microsoft: You know those game that we first showed in 2015, well we are even closer to releasing them now! Now here's some gameplay.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

CanisWolfred

DefHalan wrote:

@theblackdragon Yeah but the point of Halo Wars 1, kind of, was to do a RTS with a controller. On PC you have mouse and keyboard which will most likely be the better way to play.

Yup. It was essentially Command & Conquer-Lite that was trying to make the most of a controller's limitations. It did an admirable job, but why would I play a scaled-back RTS on PC when there are significantly more interesting ones on the platform where the genre always thrived?

Now, the sequel could always try to be more PC-focused, or at least be made with both platforms in mind from the start, but if there's cross-platform multiplayer, one control method is always going to conquer the other, and it'll most likely be the Mouse-&-Keyboard users...that'd make the game a zillion times less fun right there.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic