Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 11,903

Ryno

It will be interesting to see what happens. There are a couple examples (Fable 2) of this happening in the past with Microsoft where they didn't revoke the license.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

theblackdragon

lol nope, those FO4 licenses got revoked with a mad quickness. had some buddies jumping on that glitch all at once, didn't last long :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Fallout 4 entitlements are being removed but those who downloaded are getting $10 xbox credit for free.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

RR529

So, I think I may be ready to try Halo. Any idea where to start? I have my eye on both Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (360) & Halo: Reach (360), both of which are pretty inexpensive on Amazon.

Now, I'm not too experienced with FPS', as I've only played CoD: World at War (Wii) & CoD: Modern Warfare 2 (360), both of which I played on Easy.

So, which of the two do you guys think it'd be easier to get into? Do you have to fully complete a mission in one sitting, or are there a few checkpoints throughout (sometimes I may only have about an hour to play)?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

theblackdragon

@RR529: if you start with Reach, a lot of it is not going to make sense, or at least not as much sense as if you were to have started from CE. Reach is really a tragic sort of prequel and i know i appreciated it a lot more after i had played the rest of the games. if you just want to get your feet wet with a really solid, fun Halo game, i'd recommend ODST to be honest, it's got a great story and plenty of action. i started with ODST first on a friend's recommendation, in fact. you don't play as a Spartan, but it'll at least get you started on a long path of fighting the Covenant and saving the universe and whatnot. plus it'll introduce you to the original Firefight mode, good times fighting endless hordes of bad guys :3

if you're dead set on choosing between only those two, though, i'd still probably recommend CE first. the Anniversary Edition is a huge step up from the original graphicswise and it comes with a one-map demo of Reach's version of Firefight iirc that's still really fun.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

Tasuki

@RR529 Yeah I agree with @theblackdragon Anniversary is the way to go. I just recently borrowed it from my friend (and I am waiting for my own copy as well from Amazon) and it's probably the best deal right now. Plus in the campaign you cam switch between the old graphic style and the updated one.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CanisWolfred

Oh hey, theblackdragon's back.

O.O

_

Also, I'm surprised The Lost Odyssey isn't backwards compatible with the Xbone yet. I checked the list, and there's a lot of stuff I never would've expected people to care about already on there. Some good. Some bad. Some I thought were gone for good (R-Type Dimensions?!). Yet Microsoft seems to be reluctant to put their First-party stuff for some reason, excluding Rare's stuff, of course...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryno

Aw well, $10 credit is more useful to me than FO4 anyway as I doubt I was going to play it anymore then I did which was just beyond the vault. Thanks Microsoft!

Microsoft is maybe reluctant to put up 1st party games on BC because they probably like giving them as preorder bonuses and releaseing at that time.

On another note, it islike a nintendolife circa 2013 up in here .

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

RR529

Thanks for all the feedback. I decided to order CE Anniversary based on your recommendations & videos I watched on YouTube (It looks like it may be a bit harder to get into the original if I played a more modern one first, so I better start with it).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

theblackdragon

@RR529: enjoy the adventure! just remember, if you wind up liking it there's an entire universe of Halo games for you to enjoy afterward, it's a great series :3

also, yes, hiiiii everyone~ so long story short i fell into Destiny (i know, unpopular choice, but i got really good at it and made some friends lol) back when i first got my xbone and i still play it on a daily basis. in the meantime i've also knocked out MCC, H5, Quantum Break (it was everything i dreamed it'd be back when i drooled over it E3s ago~), and Doom (loved it!), but i keep going back to Destiny and i'm stoked as hell for the next expansion (gimme dat flaming axe!) :3

BEST THREAD EVER

CanisWolfred

I'm still confused...is the new Destiny expansion going back in time? Is this Medieval Fantasy Destiny in order to fullfill some sort of prophecy?

...Or did the developers just want to throw in a little nod to the Fantasy MMOs they were clearly inspired by, plus a flaming axe is pretty B-A by default...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Peek-a-boo

Xbox conference is virtually leaked; both Dead Rising 1.5 and ReCore screenshots (and a few gifs) can be found elsewhere. The latter doesn't look too hot, but it is nice to finally see something!

Halo Wars 2 (CGI trailer)
Ori and the Will of the Wisps (a sequel to The Blind Forest)

Phil Spencer is drumming on about how it is going to be the most important Xbox conference, ever.

The only thing I can think of that is worth him saying those pretty strong words is something like Xbox/Xbox 360/Xbox One compatibility on PC.

Or maybe a well known Rare game being resurrected?

If it's the slim Xbox One that has got them excited, I'd be face palming myself...

In any case, I hope it is a good show for them!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

theblackdragon

@CanisWolfred: did you watch the livestream from this past Thursday? the premise for this one is that the House of Devils has finally stumbled upon some sort of technology out in the wilds of Old Russia, a technology plague of some sort, and they've begun augmenting themselves with it. Apparently the Iron Lords (of which Lord Saladin is the last) gave their lives to contain this plague, and now that the Devils have brought it back, we're all gonna fall in under his banner and wipe it out. So far as we know, we're not going into the past on this one.

@DarthNocturnal: i'm hoping for some sort of CE on this one too. Bungie's said they're gonna be there at E3 this year, so if they're gonna announce one, it'll probably be there. i missed out on the TTK CE with the journal and the strange coin and whatnot, i really don't want to miss out either if there's something in the works. guess it helps we on Xbone can't even preorder yet anyway, lol.

BEST THREAD EVER

Peek-a-boo

The all new "Xbox One S".

Untitled

Hmmm, looks like they are copying Apple and their naming scheme.

The current PlayStation 4 is a third the size smaller than the Xbox One so, it isn't much smaller in comparison. I just hope they have included the PSU rather than externally.

:EDIT: The PlayStation 4 is still smaller than this?!

Untitled

Perhaps they would be wise to rename it the 'Xbox One M' instead.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

CanisWolfred

theblackdragon wrote:

@CanisWolfred: did you watch the livestream-

No. And it kind of ticks me off, since any info I try to find, even info directly from the publisher, keeps telling me to spend 30+ minutes listening to Activision's carefully constructed sales pitch. If they don't care enough to inform me about their product in a concise way, especially something as simple as a story synopsis, since it provides the context that everything else is based around, how can they honestly expect to bring in new potential customers?!

...sorry, I guess I snapped there. I just had to get that off my chest. I really did try to find any official info I could prior to asking, figuring I had missed something. Thanks for giving me an honest answer. I haven't played Destiny since launch, and I've been looking for an excuse to get back to it someday...I just wish Bungie & co. would make that part easier on me. :/

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

theblackdragon

@CanisWolfred: ah, i get it. i try to set aside time to watch the reveal livestreams when i can. they do have a short synopsis available on the main http://www.destinythegame.com website (click 'learn more' for a rundown) and also in the News section of the Companion App.

if you're not interested in looking at anything official, they had a good infographic within the first ten minutes or so of the Thursday livestream running down what was going on. probably the biggest bombshell was that legacy support will end with the April Update. everyone on a legacy console is free to continue playing all content up to that point, and there will be some sort of tool to port your 360/ps4 characters and gear to the current-gen consoles, but beginning with Rise of Iron, everything will be separated on the two console generations. no more concurrent progress. there's a new six-man raid coming, new faction to rank up with and enemies to fight (not just Taken reskins, complete new character designs), new story missions, new Crucible maps and a new mode (rumor has it that it may be a 12-person team playlist now that legacy support is being discontinued, but don't quote me on that lmao). we're also going to see another LL increase (they haven't said to what number yet exactly), we're getting new gear and weapons of course, and there's also going to be another new social space, iirc a patrol area too. so far preorders aren't live yet on XBL (PSN has been able to preorder since Thursday afternoon), but it's gonna be $30 for us here in the US.

oh, and the other huge thing was that gjally is finally gonna be back with RoI, this time they seem to have gone back to what was rumored to have been changed about Destiny before its original launch and it'll be a questline reward for everyone, collecting armor parts and stuff. idk if you ever got one for yourself (it took me 973 hours before my first gjally dropped!), but now everyone will have access to one. no more begging RNGeezus every week, lol. there will be a black-and-silver 'iron gjallarhorn' skin available for those who preorder the expansion, but it's just a cosmetic change, the weapon itself is not the preorder bonus.

BEST THREAD EVER

CanisWolfred

theblackdragon wrote:

@CanisWolfred: ah, i get it. i try to set aside time to watch the reveal livestreams when i can. they do have a short synopsis available on the main http://www.destinythegame.com website (click 'learn more' for a rundown) and also in the News section of the Companion App.

D'oh! I swear I looked all over that page yesterday! Well, I looked at the pictures, at least...

That was my bad. I mean, the text could've been a bit bigger and more obvious, but it's not like there was much else to read there. Thanks.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic