Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,321 to 2,340 of 11,914

DefHalan

I just need to know Halo Wars 2 system specs for PC so I can get my PC ready... once I find a job

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal I agree with a few things but not Banjo, I think the current Rare regarding Banjo maybe in the same situation as the current Retro Studios regarding Metroid. Lots of people left to work on other projects like Playtonic (Yooka Laylee) and Armature (ReCore) respectively. Sea of Thieves seems like a great way to see what the new Rare can do (a new IP for Retro would also work if not working on a new DK game).

As for the other points, crossbuy between PC and XB1 as well as a new Age of game would be cool though wouldn't affect me as I don't play PC. As for E3 excitement, totally but also Ubisoft and some non-press conference stuff. That said, Nintendo's plans are confusing so maybe there's more to Nintendo's E3 though the only way that could happen is a Nintendo Direct this week or next week.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal Yeah, it's good if you just consider the game announcements. Turns out she's returning again this year so expect more cringe.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal I'll be putting up with it mostly due to the fact the Ubisoft E3 conference will be potentially the last major Nintendo Life stream chat until the NX is revealed. I see Zelda U focus for Nintendo's E3 putting off quite a lot of the fun interaction in the Nintendo Life chat on the Tuesday and onwards if exists.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal I've done some looking around and Hog Wild comes out May 31st while Warzone Firefight comes out late June.

Grumblevolcano

Peek-a-boo

I wish I could care about the Halo series as much as you two guys!

I used to play Halo 3 multiplayer for YONKS back in high school, only for 343i to cock it all up with Halo 4.

Swords of Sanghelios is literally the only level/mission I like in Halo 5; after the incredibly misleading 'Hunt the Truth' campaign as well as the poor handling (and the disappointment) of the whole Locke and Master Chief head-to-head, I fell out of love with Halo for good.

Granted, the multiplayer is pretty enjoyable though!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

@Peek-a-boo To me the single player in Halo 5 is the worst in the series but the multiplayer is the best in the series.

Grumblevolcano

Shinion

One game that I had completely forgotten about 'coming soon' for Xbox One that I can't wait to play now that I've remembered it is Cuphead. I don't know why that has just dropped off of the face of the Earth since last E3, AFAIK they're still aiming for a 2016 release and it should be entirely possible considering the scope of the game. Cuphead and Sea of Thieves are what I'd like to see most.

Shinion

Peek-a-boo

Looks like someone found out about the media reel for E3.

No surprises, unfortunately.

• Rare is working on a new Battletoads
  • Sea of Thieves won't be a straight MMO, more like The Division/Destiny; seems like Microsoft will give this game a huge focus and may well offer cross-play and cross-buy
  • Forza Horizon 3 is set in Australia
  • General RAAM for Killer Instinct
  • Something to do with Age of Empires (not sure what exactly, probably a new game)
  • Halo Wars 2 Beta is a thing, no cross-play mentioned
  • Zombie online game by MS - a new State of Decay, or it could also be Dead Rising
  • Anniversary update will gets its own landing page on Xbox.com with the major features listed, "available now" at E3 for preview

I certainly hope they have something else up their sleeves!

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

@Peek-a-boo Well that's clearly not everything as I really doubt there not being any Gears of War 4 stuff. The teaser trailer most be only for some of the E3 stuff.

Grumblevolcano

DefHalan

Peek-a-boo wrote:

I wish I could care about the Halo series as much as you two guys!

I used to play Halo 3 multiplayer for YONKS back in high school, only for 343i to cock it all up with Halo 4.

I completely agree, but there is still hope for Halo Wars 2

Edited on by DefHalan

WebHead

If Scorpio is real I'm assuming that's the main reason ScaleBound got delayed. Baseless speculation

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Peek-a-boo

Looks like Dead Rising 4 is coming to PC and Xbox One. Plenty of leaks on this one.

The slightly underwhelming news is that it is a remake of the first game with a four player co-op mode.

Which explains why they decided to call it Dead Rising 4 (!)

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

@Peek-a-boo Looking back this gen is going to be the "Bad names" gen. From the Wii U, Xbox One and New 3DS all the way to games like Battlefield 1 and Dead Rising 4.

Grumblevolcano

Shinion

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Peek-a-boo Looking back this gen is going to be the "Bad names" gen. From the Wii U, Xbox One and New 3DS all the way to games like Battlefield 1 and Dead Rising 4.

What's wrong with those two? The former is clever and fitting for me and the latter is logical.

Shinion

Peek-a-boo

@TheLastLugia I think Battlefield 1 is fine, but calling a remake of the original Dead Rising game, 'Dead Rising 4' surely raises an eyebrow, no?

Peek-a-boo

DefHalan

Left 4 Dead Rising?

SCRAPPER392

@DarthNocturnal
I see. I only saw the first 3 games and thought maybe they didn't add them. Never the less, I still enjoy the older games on Nintendo consoles. The Nintendo controllers always just seem better, in terms of buttons. I think they got rid of pressure sensitive buttons on PS4, and the d-pads are never as good as the Nintendo ones, IMO. Also, the IR thing in Xbox One is mostly useless. It really depends. Mega Man 9-10 were better on Wii, regardless of the HD, for that very reason, IMO.
I don't bother Googling most of this stuff anymore, because it's just small talk.

In the light of Dead Rising, a forth one would be cool. Dead Rising I'd hands down one of my favorite series. It's a shame I bought DR3 for $60, w/o the DLC, though. Now the full edition is $30. That's what you get for being an early adopter...

I'm only looking forward to Gears 4, Banjo, Games with Good, and deals with gold. That keeps me plenty entertained. I bought PowerStar Golf, Kinect Sports Rivals, and South Park: Sick of Truth, so I have a lot to play on top of RE6, which I have improved on; it is much different than RE4 and 5. Capcom is spamming RE big time, and I was fine with buying RE6, because that's the only one in the main series I haven't played. I think the campaign is short, and everyone that plays Mercenaries never knows how to play. I've been playing Mercenaries since RE4, and I still have yet to see anyone understand the pacing and combat, besides when I played RE5 on PS3. That's the last time I saw anyone who knew how to play Mercenaries to the point where the high score matters. Just thought I'd point that out.
EDIT: I'm still getting used to RE6 Mercenaries mode, but I've had sessions in RE4, RE5, and Mercenaries 3D where the combo was never dropped, and a large time bonus was added at the end. There are some people that choose to ignore the time, in order to finish the session with any score, and there are people who choose to get all the time bonuses at the beginning. That ruins the pacing between fighting zombies and gaining the bonuses. Also, shooting across the map or shooting until the combo is kept; to keep the bonus. I've had people quit, because they don't understand how to play, then they keep creating sessions. Especially, on Mercenaries 3D, some people will choose the infinite weapons, and the skill points and challenge is gone... Oh well.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Ryno

So, anyone else get a "free" copy of FO4 + Season Pass yesterday?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Grumblevolcano

Yeah, I totally expect the entitlement to be removed though.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic