Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,261 to 2,280 of 11,914

DefHalan

Xbox One is now Backwards Compatible with Halo Wars... why did my friends have to get a PS4 instead...
http://kotaku.com/microsoft-s-announced-that-halo-wars-soul-c...

oh there is also Soul Calibur 2 and King of Fighters '98

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DefHalan

@DarthNocturnal: I love Halo Wars. Probably one of my favorite Xbox 360 games, along with Shadowrun. I almost ran out and bought a Xbox One when they announced Halo Wars 2, but I think I am just going to upgrade my PC to Windows 10 instead to play it.

My Windows 7 doesn't have that annoying thing telling me to update, which is making me wonder if I even can

RR529

I've noticed an odd mistake (or glitch?) in Tales of Vesperia.

After first arriving in the city with the coliseum, and being turned away from Belius' office, the NPCs would talk about the coliseum being overrun by knights & monsters if you talked to them, even though nothing of the sort was going on (until that is, the next day, after you stay at the inn).

Now, do you think that was just a mistake, and they didn't think the player would talk to any of the NPCs (for whatever reason) inbetween the trip from Belius' office & the inn, or do you think it was some sort of glitch, and they weren't supposed to say that yet?

I should note, something similar happened in Dhangrest, with a random NPC talking about the Don being dead, even though that wasn't the case (and so far, he's still alive). Oh, and please don't tell me either way if he lives or not.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

DefHalan

@DarthNocturnal: Well. I don't know. I might still use a controller on my PC to play it lol

DefHalan

So someone I know that owns a Xbone was telling me the Backwards Compatibility is not great. I guess he tried to play Halo Reach local split screen (just two players) and it was running at about 15 fps. Is that true?

Edited on by DefHalan

shingi_70

Quantum break and KI this week

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Santoria

@shingi_70: I'm gonna play Quantum for sure. But I'm kinda hooked on Hyper Light Drifter right now...

Still, this month's Games For Gold line-up looks solid.

Santoria

Nintendo Network ID: AngryBakers

RR529

Well, I'm now a little more than 25 hours into Tales of Vesperia (maybe closer to 26 or 27).

I've really warmed up the cast. Largely due in part to the nearly endless "skits" that pop up, getting you invested into the characters is something I think the Tales series does better than pretty much any other JRPG series. From a personality standpoint, Raven is my favorite party member. I also like having Judith around, though (and thanks to the fact that I just acquired the Special Flag, I now have her set as my walking around character).

Anyhow, I just got the airship, so things have really opened up, at least somewhat. There are some areas I can enter, but can't go too far into (locked door, etc.). Oddly enough, there are some areas it won't even let you enter. However, I can go to everyplace I've already been, plus, the next area I'm supposed to go to.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Peek-a-boo

I'm housekeeping my friends place whilst he is in New Zealand until the end of this month, therefore I have got access to his Xbox One.

He was more than happy for me to play Quantum Break that popped through his letterbox a couple of days ago and as a big fan of Max Payne 2 and enjoying Alan Wake outside of the repetitive flashlight 'shooting' mechanics, I am REALLY disappointed with their new game.

It is literally like this; walk a little bit, read some emails on the nearby computer, bump into some enemies, use the rather underwhelming time powers to run and gun your way through an area then watch a TWENTY MINUTES episode that I have absolutely no interest in.

If they were of good quality, I'd give it a pass however, they are cheesy (not in a good way...) and relatively unnecessary to watch seeing as you are given just two simple choices at the end of the 'episode'.

The graphics appear to be hazy for some odd reason too - doesn't look good on my friends television. I played 90 minutes before groaning out loud at the controls being wrestled away from me, and not a moment too soon either (!)

I was thoroughly looking forward to this. I played Sunset Overdrive followed by the superb Ori and the Blind Forest instead of going back to Quantum Break today, which kind of says it all really. A real shame.

🙁

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Santoria

@Peek-a-boo: I liked it, but I don't know about the Live action segments. I don't watch a lot of TV or many movies to really form an opinion about it, but it kept my attention. I enjoyed the game play and yeah, the searching for narrative objects kinda annoyed me too. It was fun reading them for a moment, but got tiresome pretty quickly, especially in areas that had about 15 of them to find.

I forgot about Ori! I got to get back to playing it.

Santoria

Nintendo Network ID: AngryBakers

Shinion

There's been many people that have really enjoyed Quantum Break, whilst there are quite a few others who are fairly nonplused about it. I haven't really changed my stance on this game, I'm gonna wait for a sale to pick it up, knowing that I will probably like it- Uncharted 4 is in the same boat- as I'll be too occupied with Dark Souls 3, Fire Emblem Fates and Overwatch soon to care about games outside my radar.

Shinion

JaxonH

I just beat Quantum Break.

Wow. What an excellent game. I think that was hands down the best story I've ever experienced through a video game. In fact, I think that story could have made for a Hollywood movie, AND been one of the best of the year at that.

The gameplay was surprisingly good too. Not as solid as say, Infamous Second Son was with the mechanics and powers (of course, that game was very gameplay-based), but it was still really good. Equal mix of good (not great but good) gameplay, exploration and platforming, coupled with such an extraordinary story which was told in an excellent fashion (LOVED the live action segments- very well done, dang near television quality even, what made it even better was that it was the exact same actors from the game so it matched up perfectly)... all that combined made for one heck of a winning AAA formula.

I mean, this game sucked me out of my Fire Emblem Fates Conquest binge- and kept me hooked all the way to the ending, and FE is my fave franchise. Not too many games can make such a claim.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Peek-a-boo

Heh, goes to show how different folks have two very different experiences with Quantum Break!

Glad you enjoyed it; wish I could say the same though. I groaned every single time the episodes begun whereas you seem to think they are comparable to the best that Hollywood has to offer...

It seems to be a marmite game - you either like the game, or you don't.

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Looks like a new Xbox One revision is due out in June, which will hopefully shrink the VHS player lookalike into something more modest and modern.

There's some new information and documentation on the FCC filings page that points to a new revision with new model numbers and new (and potentially upgraded) components such as a wireless chip.

I reckon this will be revealed on nearly all gaming websites in the next 24 hours, but we won't receive any official announcement until E3 at the earliest.

Seems that Microsoft are not playing the Xbox One-point-five card just yet.

Peek-a-boo

DefHalan

DarthNocturnal wrote:

I kinda hope it isn't a 1.5... I just got my One this Christmas. A revision is fine, since those are usually just "same specs, different size". But I'd feel a bit bummed if I had only JUST gotten a One, only for an upgrade to be available shortly after (within a year or less)

At least with 3DS, I got my original near launch, so I had 3 1/2 years with it before needing to upgrade to new 3DS.

But even then, you didn't need to upgrade your 3DS.

Shinion

@DarthNocturnal: That's the risk you take when you buy a system a significant amount of time after launch, I know how you feel as I bought my Xbox One on August 4th with Rare Replay. I got a really good deal so I'm not too fussed, I really wanted RR there and then after all so even with hindsight I still probably would've bought it when I did.

It's weird really, if either of Sony/Microsoft were to reveal an upgrade of sorts of their consoles at E3 (chances are both will so that's great) I personally will be more miffed at Sony doing so, especially if the upgrade is as big as rumoured, and that's despite the fact that I got my PS4 in the launch period. Not that I give that first 18 months of this gen any credit at all, filled with rushed cash grabs and remasters. As much as I've loved playing dozens of games on my PS4 over the last year, I would feel a bit burned by Sony doing this, particularly since I bought a 2GB internal hard drive for the thing just a few months ago before these rumours started.

It's just greed in my opinion.

Shinion

Grumblevolcano

@DefHalan: Arguable, if you wanted Hyrule Warriors Legends then upgrade was necessary as the game plays terribly on a standard 3DS.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DefHalan

@DarthNocturnal: Right, I was just saying the XBox 1.5 was never going to be a completely new machine. It would basically be the New 3DS to the 3DS, but I doubt they would even do exclusive games.

Peek-a-boo

I think that if this revision is a 'slim' model with an upgraded wireless chip, the ability to play UHD Blu-ray and perhaps an internal power supply (PSU) too, then I am sure it would be a welcome revision, especially given the size of the current console and the overly large 'brick'.

I have my doubts about an Xbox One-point-five because unlike the PlayStation 4K, there is nary any leaks or chatter about such a thing. And whilst I don't take Phil Spencer's words for gospel, he did openly say that he is not particularly interested in creating a halfway house.

We will see!

Peek-a-boo

Ryu_Niiyama

@peek-a-boo How were the controls for Quantum Break? I saw Jaxson's view point but I think I'm of a similar mind set to you on this one. I don't really care about the "episodes" or whatever but at the same time my One has been in a coma so long I'm at impulse buy status just to get a new game. At the same time I have a few Nintendo games coming out this month (star fox and bravely default) and I'm not not out of stuff to play. I'm trying to decide if I want to give Quantum Break a shot or pick up the latest two yakuza games since their prices went down in Japan.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic