Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,221 to 2,240 of 11,914

SCRAPPER392

Well, it's probably as crappy as VC. Everybody always used to complain about Nintendo's support for VC(and still do?), but BC on Xbox and PS is kind of worse.

They just have to tell the Xbox One to run them like on 360 and carry over licenses. It's impossible to do that all at once, and the same explanation goes for VC.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

WebHead

@Peek-a-boo: with re ent news of then unifying their W10 and XBO platforms, wouldn't be surprised if next xboxis literally just a pre built gaming PC with the Xbox name slapped on. Seems like they're moving away from going after Nintendo and PlayStation

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Ryno

Peek-a-boo wrote:

If the above games are heading onto the new Windows 10 platform, as well as the Halo series in the foreseeable future, it would begin the whole 'why would anybody need/want to buy an Xbox One?'.

Because of the convenience and the fact I don't own or want a P.C. when my phone and tablet suffice the need.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Peek-a-boo

Ryno wrote:

Because of the convenience, and the fact I don't own or want a PC when my phone and tablet suffice my needs.

It was more of a sweeping generalisation opinion than my own.

Even I would prefer an Xbox One to buying (and upgrading) a computer!

Peek-a-boo

rallydefault

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Because of the convenience, and the fact I don't own or want a PC when my phone and tablet suffice my needs.

It was more of a sweeping generalisation opinion than my own.

Even I would prefer an Xbox One to buying (and upgrading) a computer!

Yea, same here. And I OWN a gaming computer I built/upkeep myself! It just gets tiring, and after you've run the system for 4-5 years, you have to start looking into replacing your key components (if not starting a new build) which can get expensive quickly.

Also, I just enjoy the experience of gaming on a console more. I like the feel of a controller and being able to recline on my couch or sit on the edge of my seat depending on the mood I'm in. I like being able to play local co-op easily with friends. Most PC setups keep you in a rigid, office-style position to use the keyboard and mouse, which I just find exhausting especially when playing adventure games and such.

I'm starting to think I'm just gonna let my current rig fizzle out lol - as long as I can play Heroes/Dota/WoW with no problems, I'm not gonna pour any more money into it. And even with a game like the Division - I played the Beta on my PC, and I know I can crank the graphics way past my Xbox, but I'm still going to buy it for Xbox because I'll get more enjoyment out of the entire play experience.

rallydefault

Peek-a-boo

Oh dear... Fable: Legends has been cancelled.

I loved Fable II on the Xbox 360 however, the series has taken a noticeable nosedive since.

It is especially sad (for me) because my old school friend went straight from the University of Surrey in Guildford to Lionhead Studios just after Peter Molyneux left, and he and everybody else openly said that it was a brighter place for it.

A shame then, that things didn't pan out after all.

😔

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

shingi_70

@Peek-a-boo:

Having played the beta I can understand why this may have happened. The Beta was just put into full swing in the last 4 months and before that it was pretty buggy and featureless. For a game that's been in development for so many years and still not ready I can understand why the game was cancelled and the studio unfortunately canned.

Honestly as soon as Mattrick was kicked out and Smartglass died, the Lionhead management should have cancelled the project and took those assets to Pivot to putting out Fable IV as quickly as possible.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Souldin

Fable Legends was one of the three games that convinced me to buy an Xbox One; I liked the Fable series (particularly Fable 2) and although it was a spin-off, liked the look of Fable Legends. To have it cancelled so suddenly is shocking... and to hear that the entire studio is being closed down is just terrible.

Ultimately, I'm not sure whether to be disappointed, sad, or angry. I have an Xbox One compatible headphone and mic set for the sole purpose of using to play Fable Legends when it finally came around. Now I'm not ever going to be able to experience the game, nor an eventual Fable IV from Lionhead Studios.

Honestly, my luck with Xbox One hasn't been too great, despite the pleasant gaming experiences I've had on it. Phantom Dust's reboot had it's developers shut down by Microsoft, Lionhead Studios has been shut down, and on a minor note, Scalebound is not coming out this year. I guess this leaves me with Quantum Break and Arslan: The Warriors of Legend for my Xbox One this year.

I'm Souldin, older brother of the Grin Brothers YouTube channel, and writer over on DeviantART.

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6557-6769 | Nintendo Network ID: Souldin | Twitter:

DefHalan

Fable Legends is one game I would have checked out either on my PC or if I ever get a Xbox One. Now all Xbox One really has for me is Halo Wars 2... but that is also coming to Windows 10... Still more interested in the Xbox One than the PS4

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

I'm not surprised. Fable Legends looked samey and not very impressive.

We just need Banjo, Gears 4, and an Xbox Smash Bros or racing game. Also, another high score game that beats all those dual stick games.

Qwest

Ryu_Niiyama

So I just picked up far cry primal so that I will have something to play on my One (which has been off since November) I do like it but I suffer from the same issues I always have with farcry. The story is paper thin (although I expected that since it is a side project), the resources are not well spread out (the stuff you get the most is the stuff you don't use very much) and the combat is boring (to my credit I dislike Fps games but I love sandbox/openworld games so that's why I play them.), I'm not saying I want guns because I hate playing a first person game with guns (sword please)but it isn't satisfying. I also dislike a number of the supporting characters. I do wish I could play as a woman but Takkar is quiet unless there is a major cutscene and his personality is non existent, so I just ignore him.

I honestly think that is a symptom of my getting older. When I was a kid I didn't care who the protagonist was so long as it was a fun game. However now since many games have pretty poorly written storylines I like the added immersion of being to play as a protagonist of the same sex as myself. Obviously it isn't enough for me to not play but it does make the game less enjoyable.

The wildlife is less annoying though...still badgers can go fall down a well. Eagles are much better this time around though. Thank goodness.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Peek-a-boo

SCAR wrote:

I'd argue that upon playing the beta round my friends, it is (or was) one of the Crown Jewels in the Xbox One line-up in terms of visuals.

Fable Legends looked 'samey' (to you) because they only released screenshots and a video of an area with ruins surrounded by a forest.

Did you play the beta?

SCAR wrote:

We just need Banjo, Gears 4, and an Xbox Smash Bros or racing game. Also, another high score game that beats all those dual stick games.

You have got the two Banjo games on Rare Replay as well as Nuts and Bolts as part of the backwards compatible thingmabob on the Xbox One.

a) Gears of War 4 is on its way...
b) There will never be a Smash Bros-like game for the Xbox.
c) Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Horizon 2 isn't good enough?
d) Go and import Raiden V if you desire a new high score game!

Peek-a-boo

RR529

Sorry to interrupt your XBOne talk, but my copy of Tales of Vesperia arrived today!

Only spent around 40 mimutes playing it, so not much to say (mostly talking to NPCs), but man it looks gorgeous. I somehow managed to get half my HP drained during the "tutorial" battle, but that's more a case of me needing to get used to the controls.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Peek-a-boo

@RR529: Although Tales of Vesperia will take a fair chunk of your time to plough through, I am just wondering if you have heard of (or have played) Eternal Sonata?

I personally prefer it over Tales of Vesperia, mostly because there's none of this 'padding out' to artificially bloat the game, and is a good quality 30-odd hours RPG with a rather decent cast of characters too.

Untitled

Eternal Sonata is worth buying if you can find a reasonably priced copy of it!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

RR529

@Peek-a-boo, yeah, I've heard of it and considered it, but I figured I'd go for Vesperia first, since I liked Tales of the Abyss so much when I played it on my 3DS.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

SCRAPPER392

Peek-a-boo wrote:

SCAR wrote:

I'd argue that upon playing the beta round my friends, it is (or was) one of the Crown Jewels in the Xbox One line-up in terms of visuals.

Fable Legends looked 'samey' (to you) because they only released screenshots and a video of an area with ruins surrounded by a forest.

Did you play the beta?

SCAR wrote:

You have got the two Banjo games on Rare Replay as well as Nuts and Bolts as part of the backwards compatible thingmabob on the Xbox One.

a) Gears of War 4 is on its way...
b) There will never be a Smash Bros-like game for the Xbox.
c) Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Horizon 2 isn't good enough?
d) Go and import Raiden V if you desire a new high score game!

Ya, well the Fable Legends graphics weren't even that great in the video, which would still be the same graphics in the beta. It just needed to look better, based off the video, IMO.

I was mostly kidding about the Smash Bros, but maybe a 3D fighter like Power Stone. Stuff like that just needs to happen. The same thing goes for another crazy Capcom VS. game.

Forza is OK, but I'd rather play a Twisted Metal or Sonic Racing game.

EDIT: Also, I'm not buying the Capcom VS. game, if they abuse DLC and releases. They just did that with Mortal Kombat XL.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

shingi_70

@SCAR:
Played the Beta and Fable Legends was an extremely good looking game. It's a shame that it wasn't put into a single player game.

Read the MVC UK interview had a pretty interesting article on it from some former Lionhead and Microsoft guys.

It’s almost three years since that ill-fated Xbox One reveal shocked the company. Don Mattrick and his team, including the likes of Phil Harrison, had a very different vision for the future of the console. A disc-less, always-online business with games that offered something very different to your typical box-model approach.

One former Lionhead employee even told me that Harrison once insisted that – with the exception of Remedy’s Quantum Break – Xbox’s European studios will never work on a ‘traditional’ game again.
Phil Spencer is now the man in charge. He’s a more conservative man, happy to adhere to the demands of his fans and focus on the big triple-A titles such as Halo, Forza and Gears of War.

One unsubstantiated story that reached our desks was that Spencer had gone into Lionhead and asked it if it was too late to turn Fable Legends into a more traditional product – a story I could well believe.

Sounds like Harrison screwed up with wanting to do non traditional games. (That was his big thing over at Sony.) Rare was the only studio that Harrison wasn't over. Sounds like Phil went to see if they could Pivot to a Fable IV and they said no, so the hammer came down.

I still think we're going to see Microsoft contract a new Studio like Obsidan or some to do a Fable reboot.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

rallydefault

@Peek-a-boo: Eternal Sonata was a pretty good game. I definitely liked it more than Blue Dragon (is that what it was called?), but it still pales in contrast to any Final Fantasy, in my opinion.

But yea, the characters were so diverse and colorful, and the whole dream story thing with Chopin was crazy cool. I just think I played it at a time in my life where I wanted to still enjoy RPGs, but reality wasn't leaving me with as much time to really sink into them as I would have had back in high school or college.

rallydefault

Peek-a-boo

@rallydefault: I played Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia, Fable II and Enchanted Arms (the Dark Souls developer created this game) on my Xbox 360, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time with all of these.

Unfortunately, like yourself, I was about 12, 13 and 14 years old when those six lengthy games came out, and I just don't have the time to sit down and play RPGs anymore.

That's why the likes of The Witcher III and Xenoblade Chronicles X overwhelms me with the amount of time you have to invest into them, however good they may well be.

For example, Bloodborne took me almost 55 hours to complete over a space of a shy over four months, which is the longest time I have put into any one game since my high school days!

A bit of a shame really.

On a separate note altogether, the Xbox 360 had a LOT of Japanese games, and high quality ones they were too, and yet their support is virtually nonexistent on the Xbox One...

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

RR529

Ugh our 360 controllers are starting to mess up again (it's been over a year since they last did this). It isn't too bad yet, but hopefully they get back to normal soon.

FYI, it's a problem where their connection randomly gets disrupted, and they shut off (even with new batteries, the lights will flash like they're low on power, when they do this).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic