Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,201 to 2,220 of 11,914

Ryno

Anybody play the Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch DLC? What's your thoughts, worth $10?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

6ch6ris6

@TomJ: Halo, Forza

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

shingi_70

TomJ wrote:

What XBox exclusive games are there that are great to play (not rated M 17+)?
I can't seem to find anything that would interest me other than the Banjo-Kazooie games. And do you have to pay a monthly fee to be able to shop on their digital store?

As for T rates games.

Halo 5
Killer Instinct
Max and the Cursed Brotherhood
Kalimba
Zoo Tycoon
Ori and the Blind Forest

No you don't need a monthly fee but paying it gives you free games every month.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Gamer83

@Ryno:
If you enjoyed what you played of Rise of the Tomb Raider's main story, the Baba Yaga DLC is definitely worth it. I'd say it took me around four hours to complete, had an interesting story to it and some fun challenges.

Gamer83

MsJubilee

@shingi_70: Like 4 of those games you mentioned aren't even Xbox exclusives.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

6ch6ris6

@TomJ: play the games in the chronological order of release. i think the story is actually pretty cool for a scifi-shooter. (only played 1 and 2 though and read the first book about what happened on reach)

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

shingi_70

TwilightOniAngel wrote:

@shingi_70: Like 4 of those games you mentioned aren't even Xbox exclusives.

They're First Party games, and I don't know if the guy has a PC.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

@TomJ:

It's a great series (My second favorite to Zelda) every game in the series can be played on the Xbox One right now so its worth playing.

WAT!

Soulfox

Apologies for off topic but just got XB1 GTA 5 which is installing at a rate of 5% per hour. Now on 50% so 10 hours left (been installing since 07.30am). Is this normal? Dead Rising 3 was just as bad. Bit of a turn-off.

Soulfox

Ryno

@Soulfox: Yeah downloading and installing speeds are not that great but have never experienced "speeds" like you are talking about. I have found that the speed increases if I have the XB1 off.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Soulfox

My internet speed is poor at about 8 meg (on a good day). Some games have installed in about 30 to 45 mins. DR3 took a couple of days and by the time this one installs we'll be on GTA 6. Back to the WII U it is.

Soulfox

SCRAPPER392

Ya. Internet is always falling behind, unless you are one of those people that pays like $80 for ultimate service. "Ready to launch" has already made itself out to be useless, IMHO.

Sometimes stuff doesn't work right, because everyone else s' connection isn't the best either, so it still goes back to local player being the only thing considered if anyone cares.
For Fun mode on Smash Bros. should work perfectly(which is the most advanced online mode in the game BTW ), but someones connection will always be falling behind. Even Xbox Live wouldn't be able to handle Smash Bros. on Wii U, which just makes every companies servers look pathetic in most circumstances. The same thing happened to Killzone on PS3.

They just need to get to work on making Xbox One more versatile, because we should have had Microsoft Word and other programs on the damned Xbox 360. I don't care about the excuse if it's a gaming machine, because they can better support the console, and really makes zero sense that they've never gone in that direction.
It is not an all-in-one device without more programs. FALSE ADVERTISING, RIGHT THERE.

The same thing goes for Wii U. Why isn't there more apps? PS4 should have ran Linux, but all the companies are falling behind if you look at everything that's missing. We're not asking for teleporters to included in game consoles, right?

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Grumblevolcano

Today's update fixes the lag that occurs for ~20 minutes when you switch on the console. You can now play a game as soon as you've logged in!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal: Random people ended up with serious lag for ~20 minutes upon startup ever since the NXOE update in November.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryno

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Today's update fixes the lag that occurs for ~20 minutes when you switch on the console. You can now play a game as soon as you've logged in!

Good news! The login lag was really annoying since I didn't have it pre NXOE.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

SCRAPPER392

Banjo Kazooie Once Upon a Mumbo better be revealed at E3 this year.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

RR529

I've started playing Red Dead Redemption (360) again.

I beat the main story long ago, but now I'm tackling the "Stranger" sidequests as I run across them, since I ignored them before.

I almost forgot how large & immersive the game world is. It's just fun traveling around on horseback. Also, I forgot how weird (and sometimes disgusting) the characters in this game can be. It's all part of the experience, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Peek-a-boo

I like and dislike Microsoft in equal measures however, they really baffled me yesterday after the silly embargo was lifted for their minor event last week sometime.

So, they talk quite enthusiastically about the whole Xbox One and Windows 10 unification and the future of cross-play between the two separate systems.

They then release Gears of War: Ultimate on their Windows 10 store, which was a nice surprise in itself, yet they did not even think to offer anything like the excellent cross-buy scheme that you find on an array of games across the PlayStation 3, PS Vita and PlayStation 4; not even a minuscule discount!

What an annoyingly frustrating missed opportunity.

Sounds like a lot of their first party games are heading to Windows 10 too such as Forza Motorsport 6 ('Apex', and is free to play), Gears of War: Ultimate, Quantum Break and possibly even Scalebound.

If the above games are heading onto the new Windows 10 platform, as well as the Halo series in the foreseeable future, it would begin the whole 'why would anybody need/want to buy an Xbox One?'.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

SCRAPPER392

@Peek-a-boo
I was complaining about the same thing. I have alot of games on my Wii U, so something like giving a discount for Gears of War, since I own 1-3 makes sense, and wouldn't mind upgrading. It depends, though, because there might not even be that many people on there, since people are playing the Xbox One games that didn't make it to last generation, or the install base isn't as high as Xbox 360, when games like Gears 3 and Halo Reach/4 came out.

I have Halo MCC, but there's hardly anyone on there(I like playing BTB), and I end up playing something else. That's why I just went back to Smash Bros. and Monster Hunter. I don't mind waiting for Games with Gold, either, so that's how my Wii U still matters. I can go play Black Ops II on Wii U, and Xbox One doesn't even have that through BC. That's where the generations are still mixed up, to an extent, because I can guarantee you that more people would have Xbox One if their Xbox 360 library got carried over right away.

Qwest

Shinion

@SCAR: yeah that is the one caveat that stops me from giving Microsoft credit for the way the Xbox One plays 360 games, and why it cannot be called backwards compatibility. We know that Red Dead Redemption and at least a couple of COD games are coming soon (I think Black Ops) so why can't we get them now, even if we own the disks? And I'm also cynical on the games that are given away for 'free' with pre-orders of the Xbox One sequel and reserved for that game's release, so screw everyone who wants to play Dark Souls on their Xbox One now. Heck, it was only with the recent update that we could be able to buy the 360 games from an Xbox One without going through the hassle of going to the bloody website. And Nintendo are apparently the only twee company that make you go through hoops for no reason. Give me a break, they're discount and worse PCs both (the Xbox One and PS4) in all but name.

Shinion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic