Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 11,914

RR529

Sony_70 wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

Just face it, gamers are not their #1 priority. It was clear as a bell. PS4 and Wii-U picked up some extra sales today. Microsoft is going after another demographic.

HUh dfine gamers. I'm seeing a lot of positive press coming from the regular games and not the hardcore forum fanboys. Guess which is the minority

Also sony is letting publishers choose what to do with DRM which is infinitely more dangerous than having it controlled. .

I think Digitally Downloaded said it perfectly.

This is an event only gamers pay attention to, so why push all the gaming announcements (which were all pretty vague) to the end? That only serves to leave a bad impression on the one group of people that actually knows & cares that the thing exists.

EDIT: just ignore this. I've now seen you've responded to my original post.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Marks

Shares of other game companies often rise after a big reveal. Nintendo's had risen after the PS4 reveal.
Don't worry, people. You'll get your games.

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
I'm not really active here anymore. So it goes.

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

moomoo

I love the controller. It doesn't change much, but all the changes seem for the better (outside of the AA battery thing).
I rather like the box. The fact that it's quiet is something that I appreciate. As for the new Kinect, it seems impressive. I doubt that the demos weren't staged, but if that's what Microsoft has set as the ideal, then that's a good thing.
As an entertainment hub, it seems supremely impressive. As a games machine, I just don't really know much about it. I look forward to seeing more of Forza 5 and Quantum Break, and that's really all there was that interested me game-wise. I'm pretty sure that there's games for it, though. By getting all the technical and non-game stuff out of the way in this press conference, they'll be able to focus on what gaming fans want most during E3: the games.

I get that the people that would watch this would want game announcements at the forefront, but there's a lot that Microsoft wants this device to be, and to display it all they had to spread it out. I don't know if I completely agree with the way they went, but I can see what they're doing.

Oh, and if anyone honestly didn't see this coming (as in, that Microsoft wants this to be an entertainment hub, not necessarily a gaming device) then he or she hasn't been paying attention to Microsoft as of late. Personally, that strategy works fine for me. I can use this as my all in one device and then use my Wii U for some of the games that it won't have.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Retro_on_theGo

TysonOfTime wrote:

I was told online is still stuck behind a Live pay-wall. Is that true? Because if it is, I honestly could care less about this mediabox.

Noooooo! Nooo. You have to connect online at least once a day don't you? No way with that implemented would they still charge a monthly fee. My god thats stupid.

shingi_70

Imtresting observation from gaf
http://i.imgur.com/btJ0U8u.png (WARNING: naughty language)

I'd change family game to Lionhead

info's onQuantum Breaker

eveloped exclusively for Xbox One, Quantum Break blurs the line between television and gameplay, integrating the two into one seamless, uniquely immersive experience. From Remedy Entertainment, the critically-acclaimed creators of Alan Wake and Max Payne comes a revolutionary entertainment experience that weaves the cinematic action of intense gameplay with the tension and drama of scripted television, creating a world where each has a direct impact on the other.

In Quantum Break, our desperate hero fights a highly personal battle to save the future before time literally runs out. As time breaks down, impossible, split second moments of destruction turn into epic stages of time powered action. The actions you take, and the choices you make, shape your experience as the narrative unfolds. As you play, a personalized ‘director’s cut’ of the show is created just for you, based on the decisions you make during the game.

Quantum Break will lead the new generation of interactive entertainment, as the show and game deliver a holistic entertainment experience made possible only on Xbox One.

Untitled
Untitled
[img]http://abload.de/img/originaljojx9.jpg[/img[

Kind of funny seeing all this hate and Apathy coming from the give nintendo a few more chances till E3 crew, yet we can't give the same to a company whowas upfront about today not being about the games and theyw ere saving that till e3.

Anyway excited in almost less than three weeks games games games. Looking forward to X, Knack, and Quantum Break. Hope level 5 decideds to translate Time travelers.

Edited on by theblackdragon

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tasuki

moomoo wrote:

I love the controller. It doesn't change much, but all the changes seem for the better (outside of the AA battery thing).
I rather like the box. The fact that it's quiet is something that I appreciate. As for the new Kinect, it seems impressive. I doubt that the demos weren't staged, but if that's what Microsoft has set as the ideal, then that's a good thing.
As an entertainment hub, it seems supremely impressive. As a games machine, I just don't really know much about it. I look forward to seeing more of Forza 5 and Quantum Break, and that's really all there was that interested me game-wise. I'm pretty sure that there's games for it, though. By getting all the technical and non-game stuff out of the way in this press conference, they'll be able to focus on what gaming fans want most during E3: the games.

I get that the people that would watch this would want game announcements at the forefront, but there's a lot that Microsoft wants this device to be, and to display it all they had to spread it out. I don't know if I completely agree with the way they went, but I can see what they're doing.

Oh, and if anyone honestly didn't see this coming (as in, that Microsoft wants this to be an entertainment hub, not necessarily a gaming device) then he or she hasn't been paying attention to Microsoft as of late. Personally, that strategy works fine for me. I can use this as my all in one device and then use my Wii U for some of the games that it won't have.

I too saw this coming and I have to say I am quite pleased with it. Honestly thats they way I feel. Heck my main gaming console was going to be a Wii U that has changed and my other console was going to be either PS4 or Xbox One. Still though I will be watching E3 for both Sony and MS and see if either one of them makes me lean more to them. As it is right now I am leaning more towards Xbox One.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

shingi_70

turtlelink wrote:

Reads some highlights...

Just messing.

Fresh Prince makes everything better. Good news is there's still time to get rid of the DRM becuase coming from Major Nelson and other eecs it sounds like this stuff is no where near being set in stone. The lack of info on this is bad and so my hype levels are at a 6/10/

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

LzWinky

Sony_70 wrote:

Kind of funny seeing all this hate and Apathy coming from the give nintendo a few more chances till E3 crew, yet we can't give the same to a company who was upfront about today not being about the games and they were saving that till e3.

It's even funnier when a crew makes fun of Nintendo for revealing ports and sequels...and Microsoft and Sony do the same exact thing in their presentations!!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shingi_70

LzQuacker wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Kind of funny seeing all this hate and Apathy coming from the give nintendo a few more chances till E3 crew, yet we can't give the same to a company who was upfront about today not being about the games and they were saving that till e3.

It's even funnier when a crew makes fun of Nintendo for revealing ports and sequels...and Microsoft and Sony do the same exact thing in their presentations!!

Nothing wrong with that as long as we get ahealth does of new content as well. Mario Kart HD is going to be awesome and while Killzone looks bleh I really am looking forward too Infamous. I'd rather have a PGR instead of a Forza but this is the same reason why we re getting Mario Kart instead of Fzero.

Honestly Sony is the only one who doesn't really get flack for ports and sequels for some odd reason

WAT!

TysonOfTime

Sony_70 wrote:

It seems to me that nearly everyone across the board is more ticked of with this thing's features rather than it's lack of games (though the lineup of the reveal is telling).

Also Microsoft, what's your plan for dealing with GameStop and GameFly with your new used game policies?

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Tasuki

Maybe I missed something but where in the presentation did MS announcing this used game thing that everyone is talking about?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Midnight3DS

LzQuacker wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Let's be honest, every system is 'guilty' of milking and rehashing games. Super Mario Bros, being early pioneers on the subject, says a big hello.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

Jaz007

Sony_70 wrote:

LzQuacker wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Nothing wrong with that as long as we get ahealth does of new content as well. Mario Kart HD is going to be awesome and while Killzone looks bleh I really am looking forward too Infamous. I'd rather have a PGR instead of a Forza but this is the same reason why we re getting Mario Kart instead of Fzero.

Honestly Sony is the only one who doesn't really get flack for ports and sequels for some odd reason

It might be because they make enough new IPs that you can't really complain about a lack of them.

Jaz007

irken004

Tasuki wrote:

Maybe I missed something but where in the presentation did MS announcing this used game thing that everyone is talking about?

They didn't, it was mentioned after the conference when the press questioned it.

LzWinky

Tasuki wrote:

Interviews following the presentation:

Used games can be used on another account, but you have to pay full price to use them. Or rather, you pay to get Microsoft's permission to play them (Phil Harrison with Kotaku)

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Ideal_Hero

TysonOfTime wrote:

Also Microsoft, what's your plan for dealing with GameStop and GameFly with your new used game policies?

I was thinking the exact same thing earlier. That could really mix things up.
Edit: Will the price to play a game on another account drop with the game's retail value?

Edited on by Ideal_Hero

The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identif...

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

Midnight3DS

If anyone is curious, a retailer has it up for pre-order at £399.99. Games 49.99.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

HawkeyeWii

This console looks awful.....
And I thought the Wii U had a terrible name...

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

RancidVomit86

Eh what do you know...people on a Nintendo fan site claiming it will suck...big surprise. As for me I will still be most likely picking one up on launch day.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic