Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,181 to 2,200 of 11,914

SCRAPPER392

@rallydefault
Last time I was on there, there was like 1200 people or so online. Even Gears of War 3 on Xbox 360 has a bigger player count(at 3500 or so) than Master Chief Collection, and CoD Black Ops II and Ghosts go at 850 whenever I'm online, but that's not peak hours.
That's all the information I know.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Gamer83

@rallydefault:
It's my second favorite Halo game after 3. I'm in it mostly for the campaign and Reach has probably the best level design, mission structure and story. I'd actually say Reach's campaign is slightly better than 3, but I thought 3's multiplayer was much better so that's why I give 3 the edge overall.

@DarthNocturnal:
A lot of people didn't like the changes made to Reach's multiplayer, such as Armor lock. I personally didn't mind but many did. Either way, the divide among the fanbase started with that game but what's funny is after Halo 4 came out people went back to Reach saying stuff like Halo 4 sucks. Now after Halo 5 has come out, people are saying they wish it was like 4. I think both 343's games are bottom of the Halo barrel and wish Bungie would come back but it is what it is.

Gamer83

Gamer83

@DarthNocturnal:
Unfortunately. I don't think anybody is better off since the split. Halo 4 and 5 are decent enough games on their own, for Halo? They don't carry on the legacy and 343 has proven to be entirely useless. Nobody there at the studio listens. And Bungie? The only redeeming quality of Destiny is the gunplay is probably my favorite in any FPS ever, too bad nothing else about that game is as well done.

Gamer83

SCRAPPER392

@DarthNocturnal:
The Xbox 360 games have a few mishaps, here and there. Halo Reach was running at like 20FPS and Gears of War 3 was asking me to update, when it was impossible. The DLC packs tried to reinstall as an update, but I just had to exit and it went back to the game. I still think Halo Reach and Gears 3 are still more worth playing than Titanfall, but it really depends on the lag or how many people are online. I can't even find enough time to play them all, really.

Qwest

rallydefault

@Gamer83: Yea, the gunplay in Destiny is really slick. Very addicting in that regard. But I only played it until I "beat" the storyline, and then I put it down. Multiplayer just frustrates me (I'm more of a CoD multiplayer guy rather than Halo, so that's understandable... I don't like the idea of people hoarding power weapon spawns and such) and the grind was real without it being a fully fleshed out MMO world, which made any more time invested feel a bit worthless.

rallydefault

Ryno

EA Access free 19-24th January on Xbox One!
Xbox Live Gold members get to experience the EA Access Vault for free during the week of January 19 – 24. That means if you have Xbox Live Gold and own an Xbox One, you can play more than a dozen of EA’s greatest games. Explore, lead, and battle in Dragon Age: Inquisition, hit the streets in Battlefield Hardline, be a Titan in Titanfall, and feel the game with FIFA 15 — and that’s just the start. - http://majornelson.com/2016/01/14/xbox-live-gold-members-can-...

Going to finally try Titanfall and also FIFA and UFC.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Shinion

@Ryno: allow me to be 1000000000000000% cynical here and say as an EA access member this cheeses my onions. So the £20 I spent for 365 days of EA Access is actually now only for 360? I want my 10p back EA!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously that's a good thing to do, 5 days is a fair amount to try out these games.

Shinion

SCRAPPER392

Meh. Those free days are only worthwhile for smaller titles, IMO.
I was going to try Elder Scrolls, but it didn't even download fast enough, so I deleted it before it even completely downloaded.

Qwest

Zizzy

Ryno wrote:

EA Access free 19-24th January on Xbox One!
Xbox Live Gold members get to experience the EA Access Vault for free during the week of January 19 – 24. That means if you have Xbox Live Gold and own an Xbox One, you can play more than a dozen of EA’s greatest games. Explore, lead, and battle in Dragon Age: Inquisition, hit the streets in Battlefield Hardline, be a Titan in Titanfall, and feel the game with FIFA 15 — and that’s just the start. - http://majornelson.com/2016/01/14/xbox-live-gold-members-can-...

Going to finally try Titanfall and also FIFA and UFC.

Damn, that's awesome to hear. Even though I have a giant problem giving EA my money, I have no problem with a week of freebies! >:}

Edited on by Zizzy

Zizzy

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1585-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Zizzy147

SCRAPPER392

I've been just going between Gears, Halo, and boot up Pokemon Y. No one is playing Splintercell, Sonic, or anything on Wii U. I'd update Gears to 1080p, if they'd let me, for like $20. That's why I didn't buy the Amazon deal.

Qwest

Shinion

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VysWXsuGPHQ

A VERY worthwhile watch to help understand why this generation has been so stop-start filled with remasters, buggy games and why the future (particularly with Square-Enix) will have games carved up and released before they are complete.

PS I know advertising YouTube is against da rules but I'm not Jim Sterling or even a Patreon of his just wanted to spark discussion on why things have been have they have this gen.

Shinion

SCRAPPER392

It's always about the hardware, and ports from last generation are nothing new. It was just hype for stuff with good graphics, but the games themselves haven't advanced much, if at all.

Wii U can run Tekken 7(with Pokken as proof), and EA said Wii U could run Ryse(which uses Frostbite engine). They just can't do all this stuff at once, considering games like FF XV were supposed to be on PS3, Tomb Raider/Bioshock Infinite sold badly, etc. happenings that keep other things from happening. They weren't going to leave Xbox 360 and PS3 without new games and support, since there are millions more consoles and development just isn't fully next generation, yet, period. That's been obvious since day one for all the consoles, and somehow hype drowned out the truth.

Qwest

Ryno

DarthNocturnal wrote:

But I'm not touching the Witcher series with a nine-and-a-half foot pole.

Just curious, why not?

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Ryno

@DarthNocturnal: Awww, yeah there are some "awkward" scenes in the game that make me cringe and skip especially when my wife is watching.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Shinion

@DarthNocturnal: yeah I've seen almost all there is to see in The Witcher 3, and yeah the sex scenes are just the definition of sex for sex's sake. I understand Geralt's gotta do what Geralt's gotta do and the world they created had brothels and such as it was in the era they're replicating but they're just cringeworthy really. The one's at the brothels are the same animations and the women performing them have their hair colour changed and that's it. Not the worst thing in the world, certainly not David Cage levels of terribad, but bad nonetheless.

Not that I'm an expert or anything!

Shinion

rallydefault

I've tried to play the original Witcher so many times, but I just couldn't get into the combat. I hear it's much more streamlined in 2 and 3, though. So maybe 2 being free on Live is my ticket in.

rallydefault

MayorPaine

Hey everyone, I have $5 credit to spend on my 360 and have no idea what to get. I have a few games already like pacman, hydro thunder, geometry wars 2. Could anyone give me any good $5 dl game recommendations?

Check out my new web comic 'Random Time Encounters':
https://tapastic.com/series/Random-Time-Encounters

SCRAPPER392

I've never been a fan of MMOs or open world games like Fable, Witcher, Borderlands, or Fallout. They seem like they would be great games in concept, but whenever Ii try to play them, there just doesn't seem to be enough going on between one mission to the next; to enhance flow of the game. I almost feel the same way about GTA, but I've only ever gotten around to playing Vice City. because I never even had anything except Nintendo until last generation and those still weren't going to be my top games, period.

Also, no, it has nothing to do with ADHD, patience, or any other brain issues that I refuse to admit to having
That's why Monster Hunter beats out those games, because it's a set area and I just enjoy the game world better than something like LotR.

Qwest

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic