Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,161 to 2,180 of 11,914

Shinion

@SuperWiiU: still Sony would have to fund it, like they did with Street Fighter 5 and let's be honest in what dimension would Sony fund a Monster Hunter game that is 99.9% certain to bomb in sales? Certainly not in this one. I'd rather see it on Xbox, at least Microsoft have money to burn and full lifetime exclusive multi-plat games like Street Fighter 5 are most definitely not a good thing, and should be discouraged. At least Rise of the Tomb Raider will eventually release on PS and the future of the franchise isn't in doubt as Microsoft have more than covered the cost of development, if Sony and Capcom lost their minds and wanted to lose money along with their minds and made Monster Hunter 5 a PS exclusive I'd fear for the series. Capcom would abandon it if it flopped- or worse make it as much like Call of Duty as possible to appeal to the majority of PlayStation owners- just look at Resident Evil, and 6 was multiplatform.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Ryno

Great Games with Gold coming up in January.
Xbox One: Killer Instinct: Season 1 Ultra Edition, Zheros
Xbox 360 (Backwards compatible with XB1)iRT Showdown, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Everybody download Killer Instinct and you can forget about Street Fighter V.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Shinion

@Ryno: I've never played a Deus Ex game so I'm very much looking forward to that. PS+ is largely crap again, Grim Fandango Remastered is the only game I'll bother playing. But then again as long as the sky is blue PS+ will be a subpar service, so I'm not surprised at this point.

Shinion

Ralizah

With a few exceptions, I'm pretty sure MH is going to be a primarily handheld franchise for the foreseeable future.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

SCRAPPER392

I've been playing Halo, Gears, and Killer Instinct. Theif isn't that good from the first impressions I got. Otherwise, I'm on the 3DS messing with KORG DSN 12 or playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Good times.

EDIT:

SuperWiiU wrote:

SCAR wrote:

Theif isn't that good. It's not even better than Splintercell or Deus Ex on Wii U. Not even close.

Who told you otherwise? It's been getting mediocre reviews and comments ever since it was released.

I just figured someone out there might make the mistake of supporting Xbox or PS, instead of Wii U It came out on PS+ and Games with Gold, so it doesn't matter for everyone who got it that way, but it won't be there again. That's how the subscription works and it's not really a game wirth buying over those 2.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Ryno

Just started Rise of the Tomb Raider last night and have enjoyed what I played so far. I've already died more times by missing jumps then I ever did in all of the Uncharted games, lol. Oh and Dat hair, simply fabulous...

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

SCRAPPER392

Rise of the Tomb Raider looks better than the reboot, to no surprise, but I usually wait for sales or Games with Gold. I'm more interested in the next Gears and Banjo, otherwise I already have my fill of 3rd party games on Nintendo. I'd still probably buy WatchDogs on Wii U over Xbox One. It really just depends.
I'm still not sure about MGSV. I even liked the prequel on PS2, more than 4, besides MG Online.

That's all I have to say about my gaming on Xbox and Nintendo. I probably won't get a PS4, like ever, unless it's like $150 with a collection of games.

Qwest

Shinion

I'm more or less halfway through ROTTR. It's a fantastic game and sequel to a great reboot. Very impressed.

Shinion

Peek-a-boo

I believe that Halo: Reach is currently going through the 'Master Chief Collection syndrome', in that it is broken in parts.

'Halo: Reach runs poorly on the Xbox One' - http://www.engadget.com/2015/12/30/halo-reach-backwards-compa...

'Halo: Reach doesn't run very well on Xbox One' - http://kotaku.com/halo-reach-doesn-t-run-very-well-on-xbox-on...

The very same friend of mine a few pages prior to this one has complained about his favourite Halo game being very 'stuttery' during the campaign, especially when there is quite a lot going on on the screen. I think one of those two articles mentions that the frame-rate drops as low as 10fps!

Just wait and see if Microsoft decides to fix it, and hopefully they shall remedy the reoccurring saving issue that is being a bothersome burden to you whilst they are at it too.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

Would any Halo fans here be so kind as to inform me what both Halo Reach and Wars are, in respect to the main series? I'm a newcomer really to Halo with my Xbox One, and I do have The Master Chief Collection and 5, but I would appreciate if someone could tell me how I could get into those other games. Should I complete the main series first? Is Wars a strategy game? Should I play the first before the second comes out this year? Any info like that would be nice.

Shinion

SCRAPPER392

@Peek-a-boo
I'm guessing it's because Halo Reach is a more advanced game than previous Halos(and even a bit of features 4 didn't have). Even Halo 3 and ODST still seem like OG Xbox games, then Reach and 4 have a variety of added effects that ODST and prior didn't have.

Even Halo 4 is very similar to 5 Guardians. There are still enhancements, but Reach probably has some weird "inbetween" coding that Halo ODST(and prior) and 4 didn't have.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

rallydefault

@TheLastLugia: If you're really committed to experiencing the story, you should play Reach first. As @DarthNocturnal said, it will be a bit jarring going from Reach to Halo 1 in terms of control and abilities, but Halo 1 is just such a classic game that I'm sure you can pull yourself through it. It's still a fun experience even all these years later.

rallydefault

Gamer83

I know a lot of people disliked Reach for varying reasons (it was the game that started the divide that currently exists between the Halo fanbase) but to me it still has one of the best campaigns in the series. It may be 'by the numbers' but the world is very well realized and I liked the fact that they actually updated the series gameplay a bit with that release. I can't recommend it enough although it's not the game I'd say to start with. Play 1-3 first, then move on to the other ones.

Gamer83

rallydefault

@Gamer83: Oh man, really? I LOVED Reach! Is still one of my favorite campaigns, actually.

rallydefault

SCRAPPER392

I thought Halo Reach was the best when it came out. I played the previous Halos, but Reach and even 4 are just better overall, IMO. That's why I didn't get the fanbase split, that you speak of.

I played 4 first, then 3, 1, and I'm currently going on with 2. Then, ODST just came out and I have Reach on Xbox 360. I'd buy Halo 5 Gaurdians if I had money to burn, but I'm fine with having all of the other Halos, especially since I haven't beaten 2 of the campaigns, not to mention on legendary. The campaigns I beat were on heroic, and not coop.

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

Yes. Reach was developed by Bungie.
I'm mostly caught up in the online modes, more than the campaigns, TBH. There's just too many shooters to go through to care, IMO. I have the CoDs on Wii U, then Titanfall, Halo, and Gears on Xbox, so I'm super burnt out on buying anymore.
They just need to release a GOOD CoD on 3DS, then I might care again, or maybe Medal of Honor like what was on Wii.

Qwest

rallydefault

@SCAR: Are people still playing Titanfall? I bought that game purely because of the drought that Xbox had going at the time, and I played like... 5 matches before getting bored with it ha

rallydefault

Shinion

@rallydefault: I think there are thousands of people that play it at any given time, on Xbox One at least not sure about PC. Possibly on a couple of thousand, but still. Not great, but it's not exactly 'dead' either, especially as we're nearing 2 years since the release of it. It's been given away for dirt cheap as well as through EA Access for months now, and as far as I'm aware it's the highest selling game this gen not available on PS4. I think it's fun, and do play it from time to time. Looking forward to the sequel too.

Shinion

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal:Reach and ODST were dividing games for the same reason Federation Force would've been badly received at last year's E3 irrelevant of whether a normal Metroid got announced, no sign of the main character that defines the franchise (Master Chief for Halo, Samus for Metroid).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

@TheLastLugia: Ah, I just can't get into it. I always thought the jetpacking/wall running felt very "chunky" in Titanfall. In my opinion, Blops III does it much better. Even Advanced Warfare felt a little better in terms of control to me.

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic