Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,081 to 2,100 of 11,914

shingi_70

Eh the multiplayer community has ran up to the new game, and never having played any of the sequels spending $20 to get them all through BC would make for a nice play through before the new game next year.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

@shingi_70
Not really. The multiplayer community is gone mostly for the first 2 games, but the 3rd one still has a good little community going. I don't have Xbox Live, but somehow I can play Xbox 360 games online through the Xbox One BC, so I've been playing Gears of War 3 online for free. It's a glitch, obviously. I already bought the games on Xbox 360, so it doesn't make semse to buy them again. I have the MC Collection, because I didn't have all of those games(I have Reach and 3 on Xbox 360). That is how it makes sense to me.
My dad said he'd get me Xbox Live for the holidays, though.

The community for Gears 3 on Xbox is like twice as much as Black Ops II on Wii U, with millions more consoles out there, so I'd say it doesn't really matter if you are playing the older games.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

@SCAR:

Mainly getting it to play the Campgian of the older games as a primer for 4. I played the Beta and I'm guessing the new game has a decent multiplayer community.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

SCRAPPER392

shingi_70 wrote:

@SCAR:

Mainly getting it to play the Campgian of the older games as a primer for 4. I played the Beta and I'm guessing the new game has a decent multiplayer community.

Well ya, I was just saying that I don't need to buy all the games again in 1080p. I already played the campaigns and multiplayer. I can handle only so much multiplayer before I get bored, like CoD, and usually the campaigns for shooter games are really short, because blow s*** up and go home,

Qwest

bluemage1989

Bought an Xbox one so I could catch up on a few games that didn't make it to WiiU.

Metal Gear Solid: Phantom Pain
Assassins Creed: Unity
Assassins Creed: Syndicate
GTA 5 (played a lot on 360 but again for a first person play through and chiliad mystery hunting)
Witcher 3
Fallout 4
Dragon Age: Inquisition

Anything else I should consider??

bluemage1989

SCRAPPER392

@bluemage1989
Dead Rising 3.
If you didn't have any of the ports(lke GTA V), then I would get the Halo and Gears Collections. I just looked at the store, and Dead Rising 3 was all I could recommend that was only on Xbox One(not Xbox 360), possibly Titanfall if you don't care for CoD, and Child of Light if you didn't already have it on Wii U.
That's all I can think of, based on my own interests.

Qwest

rallydefault

@bluemage1989: Are you a Tomb Raider fan? That's out now. It's pretty awesome, but it launched at the same time as Fallout 4 so...lol

rallydefault

Peek-a-boo

@bluemage1989: Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2 are two of the best games on the Xbox One. I also highly recommend the best Xbox One game this year, Ori and the Blind Forest.

I cannot help but wonder something; all those games you have listed are not only multi-format, but every single one of those games are technically better on the PS4 (for example, a higher resolution, more consistent framerate, etc.).

The Xbox One is cheaper and has lots of bundles, so there's that I suppose!

Peek-a-boo

bluemage1989

The console itself was second hand no games £50 from a friend and as the only franchises I reallllly wanted were assassins creed fallout elder scrolls and dragon age I thought it was a good deal to be able to play them. I mainly play Nintendo games so I thought for a secondary console so cheap I could live with a slight drop in frame rate etc. I'm not a fan of tomb raider but if this is a lot different to the rest then it might be worth a go. Sunset overdrive looks good is it at all similar to the jet set franchise??

bluemage1989

shingi_70

I'd suggest

Halo MCC
Halo 5: Guardians
Tomb Raider
D4: Dark Dreams dont die
ryse son of rome
divinity original sin
kalimba
state of decay
Killer Instinct

WAT!

Peek-a-boo

@bluemage1989: £50?!

You have a rather generous friend.

I won a PlayStation 3 back in 2010 (the first slim model) and offered it to my friend for £100 so, £50 for an Xbox One is quite a handsome amount to pay.

Sunset Overdrive is the closest thing you will ever get to a modern day Jet Set Radio, which is why I like it so much, and Forza Horizon 2 is a brilliant open world driving/racing game with a surprising amount of variety in its challenges.

Ori and the Blind Forest is easily the best - and most original - Xbox One game of this year. While the likes of Forza Motorsport 6, Halo 5: Guardians and Rise of the Tomb Raider are all pretty good, they're ultimately 'same-old, same-old' in all honesty.

Enjoy your new toy!

Peek-a-boo

bluemage1989

I've never been able to get into Halo just isn't for me I find. Forza Horizon 2 sounds interesting I've played For a little in the past how do you think it compares to Need for Speed Rivals?? Killer Instinct could be fun I still bust out the SNES cartridge from time to time D4 I really loved Deadly Premonition would you say it had a lot in common?? £50 is a bargain indeed but we don't have any trade in stores here and I've done them enough favours. So far my only complaint is that the UI is a bit... hmmmm...

bluemage1989

Peek-a-boo

@bluemage1989: I believe there is a Forza Horizon 2 demo on the Xbox marketplace; there's no harm in trying (before you buy)!

D4 is very, very bizarre and was built with Kinect controls in mind. It has been patched since, so that you are able to play with a controller, but it loses a little bit of its charm in the process. Deadly Premonition is the better game while D4 is more of a surreal and experimental experience.

Killer Instinct is okay. Once you have played the Street Fighter V beta, all current beat 'em ups feel rather dull to play in comparison. Again, there is a demo that you can download to see if it tickles your fancy.

And yeah, the whole tiles-based UI is still iffy, even after the latest (new) UI update. I just prefer something that's both simple and swift to navigate, like the Wii U and PlayStation 4. Not much I can do to help you out with this particular complaint!

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

@bluemage1989: About D4, it's a Kinect exclusive so if you don't own the XB1 Kinect the you can't play it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

shingi_70

@Grumblevolcano:

That's not true at all, it has normal controller support and plays like telltale game.

WAT!

Ryno

First, let me just mention Bing Rewards is just awesome! I love the fact that I can get credit for XB1 games just by searching the Internet.

Anyway, I'm finally going to get Forza Horizon 2 but being new to Forza games I was wondering if the "VIP membership" is worth the extra $10? What do you guys think of the VIP?

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Peek-a-boo

@Ryno: The VIP bobbins is purely just another chunk of cars with various exclusive liveries and decals that you can apply to them. You also gain quicker progression in terms of points, which makes an already easy-ish game all the more too easy!

You'll get plenty of value from Forza Horizon 2 all on its own.

The game is big enough as it is, with a shy over 150 Championship Events (sets of races) to complete. You also get about 200 cars in the base game; buying the VIP pass nets you another 20-odd cars, which you may or may not feel compelled to drive due a generous amount in the main game anyway.

I'd say $10 for a bunch of cars is not really worth it, but petrol heads may enjoy some of the VIP-only cars.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Ryno

@Peek-a-boo: Thank you for the input. Sounds like there is more than enough game for me in the standard version.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic