Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 201 to 220 of 1,724

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

201. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

It's called Xbox One or a reason AKA Xbox On, but i bet Xbox fans don't care and still buy it. Say what you want about Sony but they don't pull this crap, and have there Hardcore gamers in mind unlike Microsoft.

The consumer in general doesn't care. (not just xbox fans). Sony is leaving it up to pubs meaning it'll probably happen any way on sony systems.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

202. Posted:

The_Fox wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

I'm sorry, this sucks...

The Xbox One doesn't have to be online all the time, but it does have to be online. Not just once in a while—once a day, according to Microsoft vice president Phil Harrison.

Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-c...

I will say that this is probably the easiest thing that they could change. If there's enough negative feedback I wouldn't be surprised to see it changed well before the system releases.

But weren't opinions with this concept not made clear through the whole #dealwith it mess? They're trying to force this one way or another.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

203. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

I'm sorry, this sucks...

The Xbox One doesn't have to be online all the time, but it does have to be online. Not just once in a while—once a day, according to Microsoft vice president Phil Harrison.

Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-c...

I will say that this is probably the easiest thing that they could change. If there's enough negative feedback I wouldn't be surprised to see it changed well before the system releases.

But weren't opinions with this concept not made clear through the whole #dealwith it mess? They're trying to force this one way or another.

Who knows? Maybe they're testing this plan (if it is how it will work) to see how the idea will fly in place of an always on approach. There's plenty of time before the console releases.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

204. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Intresting on the Video about the new XO controller, Kinect 2.0, and the console. Pretty Positive overall.

Finally, Xbox owners will beable to use a functional D-pad! :P Seriously though, props to MS for coming out with NextGen Rumble feed back which should be pretty interesting....While Kinect 2 has the potential to be pretty damn awesome.

Still, i'm baffled at the console design....it's so, boring? Oh well, it's what's in the box that counts, a few exclusives consisting of Gears of War, Fable and Halo.lol I kid, I kid.

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

205. Posted:

Ok, I've only heard a bit but please tell me I've been missinformed.

• Won't function without Kinect
  • Won't be backwards compatible

I understand the backwards compatible but the kinect thing? Is it gonna come packaged with one?!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

DeadAntelopesGo

206. Posted:

It's packaged with one I would assume. Both of those are true.

KI:U multiplayer kills - 1365 (as of 1/4/13)
Currently Playing: ZombiU

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9487-5194

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

207. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I understand the backwards compatible but the kinect thing? Is it gonna come packaged with one?!

Well Kinect is built into it but I believe you can use a controller and/or a Smartglass to control things heck they even demonstrated using a cell phone to navigate around on the Xbox One.

As for backwards compatible they didnt say one way or another but I don't see why not, of course they could be saving that for E3. But honestly I dont see why backwards compatibility is a must have for systems nowadays. I mean dont get me wrong its a nice feature but it isn't a deal breaker. I mean the Nes, SNES, N64, Gamecube didn't have backwards compatibility and no one complained about it or didn't stop the system from selling.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

208. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Well Kinect is built into it but I believe you can use a controller and/or a Smartglass to control things heck they even demonstrated using a cell phone to navigate around on the Xbox One.

As for backwards compatible they didnt say one way or another but I don't see why not, of course they could be saving that for E3. But honestly I dont see why backwards compatibility is a must have for systems nowadays. I mean dont get me wrong its a nice feature but it isn't a deal breaker. I mean the Nes, SNES, N64, Gamecube didn't have backwards compatibility and no one complained about it or didn't stop the system from selling.

It will be a dealbreaker once you hear this news: it apparently is not compatible with XBLA titles either. So Sony and Microsoft dropped the ball on that one...and yet Nintendo has the best backwards compatibility atm with the Wii mode. IRONY!! :D

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

209. Posted:

Yikes. Based on what I've heard Microsoft seems to be digging itself a deep hole. No backwards compatibility, requires Kinect, a fee is charged when putting a bought game in a different system, and online connection is (practically) mandatory? No thank you.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

210. Posted:

Yeah, they messed up big time.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

211. Posted:

And you need their permission to play games ;)

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

Kyloctopus

212. Posted:

I'm looking at what Microsoft did today as a truly positive move on their behalf.
All these ideas are for Microsoft to lure "casual gamers" (for lack of a better word). These ideas we saw today were vital for an all-in-one system Microsoft is saying they want today. But I think this was a day just to let all that stuff out of their chest, so in E3, they can talk about what the gaming community really wants.
They got all that hardware stuff out of the way so when NBC, and CNN talks about the Xbox One has, a casual gamer can be lured. Getting Microsoft plenty of attention for one day. The chaotic E3 is harder to grab attention from the media.
They planned it this late so all those who think of the Xbox One negatively won't have it resonated for too long, because E3 will be solely on what the gamer wants (hence not showing us all their planned IPs) and proves it more with the countdown to E3 that shows up immediately after the conference.
I strongly believe Microsoft made a great move today, and whatever mistakes they made this afternoon will be resolved in June.

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

RR529

213. Posted:

Just read Digitally Downloaded's thoughts on the reveal (written by former NL forum member @Bankai), and they weren't impressed at all.

They felt like MS has either forgotten how to appeal gamers, or they only want gaming to be a minor, side aspect of the device.

Pushing all the gaming news to the second half, featuring a very minor amount of gameplay footage, with only a vague throwaway promise of 8 new IP's, shows that gaming simply isn't a priority with the Xbox One (cemented by the fact that their big HALO reveal was for a TV series).

They mentioned that the "all-in-one" direction MS is taking with the device isn't a bad move (it actually makes lots of business sense), but at the same time, gamers are the group that pay attention to console reveals, so not courting them in this kind of presentation was either do to ill planning, or because MS simply doesn't care for them anymore.

Furthermore, they mentioned that they made poor decisions in choosing what "all-in-one" features to show off. The NFL deal is meaningless to anyone outside of the U.S., making it a poor choice to highlight during a global reveal (many other features seem U.S. only as well).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

WildMan

214. Posted:

I'll be getting the Xbox One as my "extra" console to compliment my Wii U.. So far I'm excited, the controller looks awesome (unlike the awful PS controller) and I'm sure that it will have awesome exclusives!

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

215. Posted:

Now I know what Jim Sterling will be writing about in his next Jimquisition.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

Wonder_Ideal

216. Posted:

Guys, Microsoft still loves its fans. If you look at the initials of Xbox One, you get XO. Hugs and kisses. :*

Edited on by Wonder_Ideal

Mesaloggery
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

AuthorMessage

banacheck

217. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

banacheck wrote:

It's called Xbox One or a reason AKA Xbox On, but i bet Xbox fans don't care and still buy it. Say what you want about Sony but they don't pull this crap, and have there Hardcore gamers in mind unlike Microsoft.

The consumer in general doesn't care. (not just xbox fans). Sony is leaving it up to pubs meaning it'll probably happen any way on sony systems.

What will happen on Sonys system? Sonys already said what won't and will happen. But as long as your happy hay, you would have to be mad to defend Microsoft after Xbox On

Of course Microsoft loves there fans, i would with Xbox On, sorry i don't understand how restrictions are a good thing no matter who does it...

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

218. Posted:

Funny, I actually used to call the original/2001 Xbox as "Xbox 1" to differentiate it from the Xbox 360. Looks like people are going to have to use "Xbox 2001/2002" from now on.

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

219. Posted:

Just face it, gamers are not their #1 priority. It was clear as a bell. PS4 and Wii-U picked up some extra sales today. Microsoft is going after another demographic.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

220. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

Just face it, gamers are not their #1 priority. It was clear as a bell. PS4 and Wii-U picked up some extra sales today. Microsoft is going after another demographic.

HUh dfine gamers. I'm seeing a lot of positive press coming from the regular games and not the hardcore forum fanboys. Guess which is the minority

Also sony is letting publishers choose what to do with DRM which is infinitely more dangerous than having it controlled. .

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70