Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,921 to 1,940 of 11,914

-Green-

It's a shame that the XB1 probably won't sale as much as the PS4. Especially considering how much effort MS is putting forth.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

MsJubilee

@Ryno: Ugh Judgement take that out and i'll get it day one.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Ryno

@Aromaiden: Yeah it is too bad, 2013 was pretty damaging. Oh well, it's probably made Xbox better in the long run having to overcome their start.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

@TwilightAngel: I haven't played any of them (didn't have a 360) so you are saying I can just skip that one? That would be good because I have way to many games to to play as it is.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

MsJubilee

@Ryno: In my opinion it's decent but i don't like it. Cause comparing it to the other 3? Then it's not worth your time,but the others?Yeah they are worth if you never tried them.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

RR529

So, does Microsoft have a conference tomorrow or something (and what about Sony, for that matter)?

Xbox may not be my preferred gaming brand, but I do like watching all these conferences when they pop up, no matter which company it is (yeah, I know Gamescom isn't an E3 or TGS, but I assume there's something worthwhile held for it, especially since I'm sure Xbox won't have a presence at TGS, seeing as how that's a Japanese event).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ryno

@RR529: Xbox Gamescom 2015 briefing starts on Tuesday, August 4 at 4:00 p.m. CEST (10:00 a.m. EDT).
http://news.xbox.com/2015/06/xbox-xbox-at-gamescom-2015
In addition to the upcoming Fall 2015 games they are supposed to show gameplay and update new information on ScaleBound, Quantum Break, and Crackdown. Might be some new stuff too.

As for Sony, no.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

RR529

^So, that'll be 9:00 A.M. for me then (I'm Central time US), I think?

Thanks for the heads up

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Peek-a-boo

Aromaiden wrote:

It's a shame that the XB1 probably won't sell as much as the PS4, especially considering how much effort MS is putting forth.

I very much doubt we would see this kind of effort (on Microsofts behalf) if they were market leaders; they are doing all of these 'goodwill' deeds for a reason, you know?

My friends copy of Rare Replay dropped through his letterbox three days early - thanks to the Game Collection - and I think it is genuinely the most compelling reason to buy an Xbox One yet! A shame that GoldenEye 64 and all of their Donkey Kong games on the N64 are not available, but at least we know why they are not a part of this collection,

Only bummer is Conker's Bad Fur Day; the frame rate is pretty awful - very stuttery and wayward in places.

Looking forward to seeing what they have got to show at Gamescom today. With Sony out of the way (because they have chosen to go to Paris at the end of October instead), Microsoft has a really good opportunity to make some waves today ... hopefully we'll see a price drop in Europe too, at €349, as they are doing rather badly in mainland Europe.

They can only go up from here onwards!

Peek-a-boo

SCRAPPER392

I thought Gears of War Ultimate Beta was for the next Gears game. Still not really caring. I have all the Gears games except Judgement. That's why BC matters.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Grumblevolcano

@SCAR392: Nope, it's for the Gears 1 remaster. I expect with the backwards compatibility this fall we'll be seeing a lot less remasters for Xbox One leaving PS4 as the odd one out.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@SCAR392: Nope, it's for the Gears 1 remaster. I expect with the backwards compatibility this fall we'll be seeing a lot less remasters for Xbox One leaving PS4 as the odd one out.

To be fair, after the Uncharted collection in (this coming) autumn, there isn't anything else on the horizon from Sony and their first party studios.

Anyhow, only ten minutes to go!

I bought a Wii U on day one as I am a Nintendo fan however, due to the glaringly obvious third party split over a short period of time, I wanted my (third party) fix elsewhere which meant choosing between the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One earlier this year.

Bloodborne won me over, and is arguably the single best exclusive between the the two formats, but I never really left the Xbox One out of the equation as I do like some of their offerings such as Kalimba, Sunset Overdrive, Ori and the Blind Forest and the only-just-released Rare Replay.

I'm hoping to see something in the next ninety minutes that may well make me consider a potential purchase into a somewhat definite one.

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

I was really hoping we'd never hear about the 'power of the cloud' bobbins ever again, but they somehow managed to during the Crackdown footage, which looked okay. At least the buildings destruction brings something new-ish to the series.

Quantum Break looks like a fusion of inFAMOUS: Second Son and Max Payne; I just hope it plays better than it looks - bit of an uninspiring gameplay sequence and the whole freeze/slow time mechanics has already been done in BioShock Infinite (using one of the plasmids).

Could offer some interesting time related puzzles though whereas the television stuff, I thoroughly do not care about.

Scalebound was shocking! I thought it was going to be an action game with a humans versus dragons theme however, what I got from watching it was some kind of surprisingly slow action RPG vibes. I was expecting (and hoping for) Devil May Cry with dragons! This is well over a year away, but that was not the best of first impressions.

It has been a little bit underwhelming so far.

We Happy Few is the best game to come out of this conference so far ... it looks genuinely creepy!

Untitled

OMG. The Halo 5 multiplayer eSport stuff is downright embarrassing. I just muted the hell out of that.

Annddd Just Cause 3 has stolen the limelight away from Crackdown. Looks ridiculously fun, and over-the-top so!

Tomb Raider should just drop the word 'tomb' from the title. Why on earth did they show Lara killing those overly armoured guards with an intelligence of a goldfish for over five minutes instead of any actual tomb raiding? Talk about being disconnected from what made the series so memorable in the first place!

A good start followed by a gradual downhill that never seems to look like going back uphill again.

Ooh, one more thing ... and it's Halo Wars 2.

Did anybody care much for the first one? RTS games never seem to do very well on consoles either. At least Creative Assembly are behind the helm, and it looks like Microsoft wants to bring out a Halo game - in any shape or form - before every single Christmas nowadays too.

After this show, I am still sitting around the potential camp for the time being.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

@Peek-a-boo: I really liked the first Halo Wars and the online multiplayer is still very active even now, over 6 years later (though I do think the high activity is due to the ridiculous achievement to reach General rank).

I just caught up as I was busy during the conference and feel that in general it was really good. The big highlights for me were a confirmed month for backwards compatibility with SEGA confirmed to be involved (can't wait to play Sonic 06 again!), Halo Wars 2 and Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DefHalan

Halo wars 2 almost sold me on an Xbox One, but it is coming to Windows 10 also, so that is going to save me money lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Peek-a-boo

I just realised that Gamescom is Microsofts last big event (or any kind of event, be it big or small) until E3 next June.

Sony on the other hand have Paris Games Week (on the day Halo 5 comes out, on Tuesday the 27th of October), Tokyo Games Show (Microsoft said they are not attending here this year, for obvious reasons) as well as the PlayStation Experience in December.

If Microsoft couldn't make me sit up and take notice today, then that means I have to wait until E3 next year before I hear, read and see any new games!

I am still disappointed with Scalebound; after Bayonetta 2 and The Wonderful 101, I genuinely thought we would see a game that could single handedly sells me an Xbox One, yet it turned out to be a surprisingly slow paced action RPG. I watched a better quality trailer of Crackdown and Quantum Break and they do look somewhat promising in their own ways, if unoriginal.

Halo is now an annualised franchise and seeing Forza and Gears every autumn/winter just instills a lack of creativity within the company. I am hoping that ReCore and all of those cool indie games like Ashen, Below, Cuphead and SUPERHOT turns out to be good enough to make me press that 'BUY' button that I tend to hover over from time to time.

Biggest surprise of Gamescom was the complete lack of a much needed price drop - Microsoft must be ever so slightly mad to keep the Xbox One retailed for €399 when it is $349 and £299 in the US and UK respectively.

The custom Halo bundle is $500 in the US, which is equally as mad as the lack of price drop here in Europe seeing as you can buy the custom Forza bundle for $100 less! It boggles the mind.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Ryu_Niiyama

Looking forward to Crackdown 3...I have a tiny bit of hope that it will go to pc but if not, it and psycho pass will make me buy a xbone.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

RR529

Yeah, I watched the conference as soon as I woke up, and while I'm sure all these games will be good, just nothing really spoke to me, personally (well, Scalebound looks good, just not what I thought it'd be).

Then again what do I know? I would have never played Red Dead Redemption left to my own devices, but my grandfather gifted it to me for Christmas a couple years ago, and now it's one of my top ten games ever.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

spizzamarozzi

alright, so I got an Xbox360 today - for €65 + 2 games + one year warranty I thought it was a decent enough deal - I mean, it's the price of one new game...
I got it mainly for the shmups (Dodonpachi, Space Giraffe, Akai Katana etc) but now that I have it, I thought it wouldn't hurt to check out some exclusive games, if there's anything worthwhile. I'm a total novice with this machine - I have no clue what's on it. Is there anybody who could list a few interesting exclusive games?! I don't have favourite genres but I tend to like unobvious games more than the obvious ones...

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

RR529

@spizzamarozzi, Dead or Alive 4 is one of my favorite fighters, and Lost Odyssey is a good JRPG (though I had only completed maybe half of it before I had to return it). Both of which are 360 exclusive.

Though they're not exclusive, I'd also recommend SoulCalibur IV, Ninja Gaiden II, Portal: Still Alive, Red Dead Redemption, and the King of Fighters XIII if you don't have them, or can't get them on another system.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic