Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 11,914

SCRAPPER392

I'm glad Xbox 360 BC is going to be a thing. I KIND OF foolishly got rid of my Xbox 360, assuming the next Xbox would have BC to begin with, and it's finally going to happen, so my bet to get rid of the Xbox 360 ASAP, paid off in the long run.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

TylerTheCreator

@SCAR392: I don't like the way the people at Microsoft are implementing backwards compatibility though. Only 100 games at first will be playable. I'm sure that even at the end of the Xbox One's lifespan, not all 360 games will be playable on it. I could be wrong though.

Even though I have quite a few problems with the Wii U, I do like that it's completely 100% (to my knowledge) backwards compatible, no Internet connection required.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

veeflames

So I started to play Resident Evil 5 on the X360. Great game, but now when will I ever have time to finish my increasingly huge backlog? WOE IS ME.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

SCRAPPER392

@TylerTheCreator:
I'm not really bothered. Most of the games I played on Xbox 360 were first party or exclusive, anyway, which are most likely all part of the BC program. I'll be getting all the Gears games back, Halo Reach, Banjo Kazooie and Tooie, Mass Effect, etc, and those were all games I could make out on the little announcement square in the Xbox One dashboard.

Qwest

Ryno

Well, what an "Ultimate Game Sale" that was. /s
In the last week I have picked up K.I. Complete, Ori and the Blind Forest, and then Tomb Raider D.E. just now all for less than the current price of New Super Mario Bros. U. Rise Of The Tomb Raider looks awesome so now is a good time to get caught up on the reboot.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

SCRAPPER392

Tomb Raider is decent. The online multiplayer is BS, for sure. I got bored of it pretty quickly, after my first run through story mode. I'll probably go back and play again one day, when it isn't as much of an instant replay.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Tasuki

@Ryno: I really enjoyed Tomb Raider. The multiplayer is BS but the single player campaign is great. I beat it once on PC and then I picked it up about a month ago on the PSN store for the PS4. One of the few modern gen games I can replay over and over.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

rallydefault

@Ryno: Tomb Raider is an awesome game. Lots of fun, and great to replay to get all the stuff.

rallydefault

Tasuki

Yeah I will agree I love exploring the areas. At times I find myself having alot more fun exploring then following the story.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

SCRAPPER392

Exploring was kind of cool, but respawned baddies were annoying. It really feels empty after you pass parts of the story, IMO. The whole game felt like Starfox Adventures, except less fun. This game didn't really need multiplayer. They'd be better off having a real treasure hunt as multiplayer, instead of a freaking team deathmatch.

Qwest

rallydefault

@Tasuki: Definitely. I think the people who don't like it either won't acknowledge that there is tons to explore and go off the beaten track, or maybe they don't even realize you can.

rallydefault

spizzamarozzi

So I was thinking about getting an Xbox360 to play shmups on a vertical screen I have unused at the moment.
I thought it would have been cheaper to get a new system rather than buy all the rare Dreamcast shmups I need, which individually would cost more than the system itself.
GameStop is selling used Elite models (120Gb) for €99. Is it a good price?!
I would probably get it cheaper by looking at places like craigslist or stuff like that, but I feel safer getting it from a shop since they give you a one year warranty and you know the console is "clean" from mods etc.

Another question about the arcade stick - I have the Tatsunoko vs Capcom arcade stick made for Wii, but I easily use it on PS3 with an USB adapter. I guess the same can be done on 360 right?!

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Ryno

PSA: $10.00 off coupon off X1 or 360 game from microsoftstore.com on boxes of Golden Crisp cereal. I found a box for $2.00.

Rare Replay for $29.99 - $10.00 cereal coupon + $15.00 credit from Xbox Live Rewards = a steal of a deal.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

CanisWolfred

@rallydefault: My problem with Tomb Raider was just that it felt almost exactly like Uncharted. Not that Uncharted isn't a fantastic game, it's just that the "almost" involved the wit and charm of Nathan Drake, which just made the game feel really dry and...off, for lack of a better term.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

rallydefault wrote:

@CanisWolfred: See, that's exactly why I loved it lol

I can see that. I certainly wouldn't condemn it for taking inspiration from another great game, I guess I just find it hard to justify playing it when Uncharted still exists...despite me playing other, more derivitive games with no remorse.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

rallydefault

@CanisWolfred: Ha! Yea. Well, it also came a lot from my inability to actually play any of the Uncharted games because I never owned a PS3, and I always REALLY wanted to play those game, so this was the next-best thing.

Anyway, now I own a PS4, and I have Uncharted Collection pre-ordered haha

rallydefault

CanisWolfred

Well, I think you'll be in for a treat when the collection comes out...or a disaster, if you end up doing too many cross-comparisons like I did with TR. XP

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryno

Untitled

Thank you Microsoft for screwing up at first. The value you are now giving to Xbox One owners is just to much. How do I and others have time to play all these games? The Master Chief Collection, Rare Replay, and now all of the Gears games? Plus with X360 backwards compatibility, other parties are are on board with giving away some older games like with Rainbow Six Siege and Fallout 4. It will be interesting to see how much of a trend it will be to give previous X360 versions with upcoming games.

Excited to see what happens at Gamescom tomorrow!

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic