Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 11,903

Tasuki

WaveBoy wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

@Waveboy PS3, and Vita can download PS and PS2 games but everytime someone asks Sony about PS and PS2 Sony never gives an answer they kind of dance around the question. I don't think Sony is even working on it or if they even know how.

Bummer. You would think Sony would convert the PS3's entire PSN library plus the PSOne classics by now. Maybe they're spacing things out. You know how it is these days, MS or Sony announces 'backwards compatibility'(something that should always be standard with any new console) like it's some earth shattering innovation and the fans go wild.

Well the main reason that the PS4 is not backwards compatible with PS3 is that the hardware is alot different. Alot of developers didn't like the PS3 it was hard for them to develop games for it, the architecture was alot different then the 360. This gen however the PS4 and Xbox One are similar architecture wise. The closest they can offer is PS Now.

I would love PS and PS2 games to come to PS4 but really it doesn't matter to me, I still have a PS2. I am not counting on these companies having backwards compatibility anymore.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

Ryno wrote:

"If you're backwards compatible, you're really backwards," Don Mattrick said back in 2013. Funny how things have changed.

And look where he is now.....

My Backlog

Ryno

Xbox at Gamescom 2015: http://news.xbox.com/2015/06/xbox-xbox-at-gamescom-2015

A couple of weeks ago at E3, we gave fans their first look at the greatest lineup in Xbox history. We were overwhelmed by your amazing response, which is why we got right back to work on the next big event after we returned from LA. In early August, the collective eyes of the gaming world will look toward Cologne, Germany for gamescom, the largest consumer gaming show on earth. Xbox will be there in full force for a variety of events, many of which you can watch online if you’re not able to make it to the show. It’s going to be a fun, exciting time in Cologne, so we really hope you can join us either in-person or online. See you in Germany!

During our E3 2015 Xbox Briefing, we shared the first part of our vision for the future of Xbox gaming. That will continue when the Xbox Team takes the stage the evening before gamescom officially kicks off to share the latest on the games coming to Xbox One, including highly anticipated titles like Scalebound, Quantum Break, and Crackdown. We’ll take a closer look at those and other upcoming games, as well as share some exciting announcements. So tune in to the gamescom 2015 Xbox Briefing on Xbox One, Xbox.com, Xbox 360, and Windows Phone to get the latest news and see some hot trailers and demos. Be sure to download the free Xbox Live Event interactive app (XLEi app) on your Xbox One or XLE on your Xbox 360 before the show so you’re ready!

I'm looking forward to learning more about Scalebound and Crackdown.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

Tasuki wrote:

Ryno wrote:

"If you're backwards compatible, you're really backwards," Don Mattrick said back in 2013. Funny how things have changed.

Is he working for Sony?

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Jaz007

@Tasuki Waveboy Sony is planning to put PS1/2 games on PS Now games, but I don't know of anything about downloading them.

Jaz007

Tasuki

Ryno wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Is he working for Sony?

Well after MS kicked him to the curb for his DRM ideas Zynga picked him up, but they kicked him to the curb as well. Not sure where he is now.

My Backlog

shingi_70

Tasuki wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Chill'n with his Millions he got from the Golden Parachute packages from Microsoft and Zynga.

Is he working for Sony?

Well after MS kicked him to the curb for his DRM ideas Zynga picked him up, but they kicked him to the curb as well. Not sure where he is now.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Jaz007

WaveBoy wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

@Tasuki Waveboy Sony is planning to put PS1/2 games on PS Now games, but I don't know of anything about downloading them.

Ah well. I'd personally rather just play them on my PS2 anyways hooked up to my other CRT TV. No Lag, No scaling and no motion doubling due to HDTV's not being able to display 30fps content properly. Then again, I could just hook my PS4 up to it and get the same results but that would be a big annoyance constantly switching from TV to TV.

It's still annoying though, because a retail copy of castlevania: Chronicles on the PS1 is going to run me $100 when the time comes. Even Mega Man Legends 1 & 2 have skyrocketed in price. Where as on the PSN it would run me, what? $5-10?

SOTN is $10 on PSN (most games PS1 games are $6, but some are $10). I haven't had any issues with it on my HDTV, it still looks good I'd say. I don't know about PS2 games since I haven't bought any on PSN, but I think they'd be better on PS3 than a PS2 on an HDTV.

Jaz007

Gamer83

@bennyt

I've had an Xbox One since last August, and aside from an occasional lockup that happens during a marathon gaming session, I can honestly say I've had no issues with the console at all. The games do take longer to install onto the harddrive than they do on PS4, I think for Halo MCC it took about 20 minutes before I could play but that's also because I wait until the game has fully installed. Once it reaches a certain percentage, I can't remember if it's 33% or 50%, you can start playing and it'll finish the install process in the background. Updates can sometimes take 10 minutes or so, depending on the file size, that doesn't happen often though. Also, if it ever turns out the console is running low on harddrive space, which can happen because some of these games are huge, it's simple enough to upgrade because it allows for external harddrives.

It's an excellent system. Granted I've been a fan of the Xbox since the days of the original but I'll also be honest if I feel I wasted money and that isn't the case here. I'd actually say across all 3 systems my favorite exclusive so far this gen is Forza Horizon 2. The first one on 360 was the best racing game that gen and this one kicks it up another notch, so if your sibling is into those games, can't go wrong there. There's also been a lot great post-release DLC including one very big expansion that adds even more to an already packed game.

Won't say anything about the issues you've ready about because people probably aren't lying, but just from my experience with the Xbox One so far. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Ryno

What games are you guys planning to pick up during the Xbox Ultimate Game Sale? Killer Instinct Complete Collection for $32??? Yes, please.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

WhiskeyFlamingo

Hey does anyone know Europe's games for gold for July?

“To every man his little cross. Till he dies. And is forgotten.”― Samuel Beckett
“One day at a time, sweet Jesus. Whoever wrote that one hadn’t a clue. A day is a f**kin’ eternity”
― Roddy Doyle.

Nintendo Network ID: MunsterRugbyfan | Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

Ryno wrote:

What games are you guys planning to pick up during the Xbox Ultimate Game Sale? Killer Instinct Complete Collection for $32??? Yes, please.

I second, third, and fourth this. I bought it last week, so I'm kinda salty I could have gotten it 50% off if I waited a bit, but it's a great deal! It's great fighting game, the new characters are really well designed and unique too. With the two classic KI games too, it's a lot of content for the price. Everyone on the fence should get it.

Ryno

@Retro_on_theGo: Yeah I was about to buy this last week after I got my Xbone but figured I'd wait until this sale and see if it would be a part of it. Seems like it is still worth it at $60 plus you get the 2 Killer classics!

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Gamer83

I'll probably buy Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

Gamer83

Retro_on_theGo

Ryno wrote:

@Retro_on_theGo: Yeah I was about to buy this last week after I got my Xbone but figured I'd wait until this sale and see if it would be a part of it. Seems like it is still worth it at $60 plus you get the 2 Killer classics!

Yeah, I'm not that upset over it. Been having fun with it, definitely worth the cash!

-

Checking out the list, this sale is actually kind of disappointing for me. The only thing I want is Ori. I was really hoping Sunset Overdrive would go on sale.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Ryno

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Checking out the list, this sale is actually kind of disappointing for me. The only thing I want is Ori. I was really hoping Sunset Overdrive would go on sale.

Yeah, I agree with everything you say there. I'm just getting K.I. for now, are additional games going to be added?

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Retro_on_theGo

Ryno wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Yeah, I agree with everything you say there. I'm just getting K.I. for now, are additional games going to be added?

I've heard the sale is 70 titles in all across Xbox One games and 360 games, so I'm expecting this to be it for now. It's confirmed there'll be some Xbox deals during Amazon's huge deal July 15th, though, so I'd keep my eyes peeled for that.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic