Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 181 to 200 of 11,903

Midnight3DS

Xbox One went ahead with the always online essentially. You have to register every game's unique code in order to play. Isn't this basically the same thing?

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

Jaz007

I think it's worth noting that Microsoft didn't say all of the 15 games would be retail. Some of them could be smaller download only games.

Jaz007

RR529

I finally got around to watching the thing:

• Not the neatest looking thing out there, but it certainly doesn't look terrible, either.
  • I could really care less for all the TV, Movie, and internet features, but I understand it's there to cater to the mass market, so I certainly don't have a problem with it.
  • Not a big sports guy, so could care less about the EA stuff. Looked pretty, though.
  • Personally not a Forza fan, so sentiments are same as EA segment.
  • That new "Quantum" game (can't remember full name) didn't pique my interest.
  • Never played HALO (although I should eventually get around to it), so the new TV show didn't excite me (same can be said for the NFL deal).
  • I enjoyed the Call of Duty: Ghosts bit, but while I do enjoy the occasional COD, it's nothing I buy a system for.

I'm sure it'll be a fine system that finds enormous success, but for now there doesn't seem to be anything for me.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

shingi_70

Midnight3DS wrote:

Xbox One went ahead with the always online essentially. You have to register every game's unique code in order to play. Isn't this basically the same thing?

No because afterward you can play them offline. Always online would mean the system doesn't work without a internet connection. Though I do wonder how the system compensates if I were to register a game offline or if that is even possible?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Jaz007

Sony_70 wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

No because afterward you can play them offline. Always online would mean the system doesn't work without a internet connection. Though I do wonder how the system compensates if I were to register a game offline or if that is even possible?

Which would make it part way always online which could still anger a lot of people.

Jaz007

SCRAPPER392

Ralizah wrote:

Ark_Sin wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

It makes you pay to play a game on more than one system?!

This is some of the best advertising Sony has ever gotten, and it's free! They hardly even showed any games or gameplay features at the reveal!

Oh god, this thing is going to suck so much!

...Xbox is way better, IMO. They hardly showed anything, which Nintendo and Sony are both doing. There just aren't things to show, or there's too much to show all at once.
Really, I still think Xbox One looks better.
Discs on only one console is how it is for me already anyway, and they only stated games would have to be payed to be installed onto the console, not reading it straight off the disc.
We still don't know enough information...

I think you're misunderstanding this situation, based off the available information. Installing the games is supposedly mandatory before playing it.

And to quote from computerandvideogames.com: "Individual games will be tied to Xbox Live accounts, Microsoft said, meaning that the software giant can detect whether a game has been sold to a retailer and repurchased, or handed from one friend to another. In such instances, the second user must pay a fee."

So, if I want to let a friend play a game I own, they have to pay a fee! If we have two XBOX ONEs in the house and my nephew wants to play one of my games on the living room console, he has to pay a fee! And, unless I'm not understanding this part right, the game, in this case, will uninstall from my machine!

Well... Guess who's not getting my money

@RR529 I believe so.

Hehe, this information changed my reaction to the question of whether I'm getting an XBOX ONE from a "no" to a "hell no!"

Seriously, this is big brother, creepy totalitarian stuff.

I'll def. be getting a Wii U. I might get a PS4. I certainly won't get this, though.

At least it doesn't require a constant internet connection...

Wow... Fine then. I don't even know what totalitarian means(I'll google it in a minute, I suppose), and this is the first time I've been called a creep, soooo, ya, I'm leaving this thread. Bye, have fun with PS4.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Midnight3DS

Here's how the system works: when you buy an Xbox One game, you'll get a unique code that you enter when you install that game. You'll have to connect to the Internet in order to authorize that code, and the code can only be used once. Once you use it, that game will then be linked to your Xbox Live account. "It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as you’d like," Harrison said.

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says.

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-on...

Edited on by Midnight3DS

shingi_70

Jaz007 wrote:

I think it's worth noting that Microsoft didn't say all of the 15 games would be retail. Some of them could be smaller download only games.

Easy and Microsoft seems to want to kill the XBLA brand so all games have equal footing. The Xbox Live marketplace is now been renamed the Microsoft Store.

Also looks like 5GB for Games and 3GB for OS functions.

Also Remedy is waying were going to hear more about Quantum break later this week. also partial specs

Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

Midnight3DS wrote:

Here's how the system works: when you buy an Xbox One game, you'll get a unique code that you enter when you install that game. You'll have to connect to the Internet in order to authorize that code, and the code can only be used once. Once you use it, that game will then be linked to your Xbox Live account. "It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as you’d like," Harrison said.

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says.

or you just log into your account and pop the game in.

WAT!

Midnight3DS

I'm sorry, this sucks...

The Xbox One doesn't have to be online all the time, but it does have to be online. Not just once in a while—once a day, according to Microsoft vice president Phil Harrison.

Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-c...

The_Fox

Midnight3DS wrote:

I'm sorry, this sucks...

The Xbox One doesn't have to be online all the time, but it does have to be online. Not just once in a while—once a day, according to Microsoft vice president Phil Harrison.

Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

I will say that this is probably the easiest thing that they could change. If there's enough negative feedback I wouldn't be surprised to see it changed well before the system releases.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

shingi_70

Midnight3DS wrote:

I'm sorry, this sucks...

Yeah I can't defend that at all. As someone who has his console always online anyway it doesn't matter but I pray this better be miscommunication on Harrison's part.

WAT!

Ralizah

SCAR392 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Ark_Sin wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

It makes you pay to play a game on more than one system?!

This is some of the best advertising Sony has ever gotten, and it's free! They hardly even showed any games or gameplay features at the reveal!

Oh god, this thing is going to suck so much!

...Xbox is way better, IMO. They hardly showed anything, which Nintendo and Sony are both doing. There just aren't things to show, or there's too much to show all at once.
Really, I still think Xbox One looks better.
Discs on only one console is how it is for me already anyway, and they only stated games would have to be payed to be installed onto the console, not reading it straight off the disc.
We still don't know enough information...

I think you're misunderstanding this situation, based off the available information. Installing the games is supposedly mandatory before playing it.

And to quote from computerandvideogames.com: "Individual games will be tied to Xbox Live accounts, Microsoft said, meaning that the software giant can detect whether a game has been sold to a retailer and repurchased, or handed from one friend to another. In such instances, the second user must pay a fee."

So, if I want to let a friend play a game I own, they have to pay a fee! If we have two XBOX ONEs in the house and my nephew wants to play one of my games on the living room console, he has to pay a fee! And, unless I'm not understanding this part right, the game, in this case, will uninstall from my machine!

Well... Guess who's not getting my money

@RR529 I believe so.

Hehe, this information changed my reaction to the question of whether I'm getting an XBOX ONE from a "no" to a "hell no!"

Seriously, this is big brother, creepy totalitarian stuff.

I'll def. be getting a Wii U. I might get a PS4. I certainly won't get this, though.

At least it doesn't require a constant internet connection...

Wow... Fine then. I don't even know what totalitarian means(I'll google it in a minute, I suppose), and this is the first time I've been called a creep, soooo, ya, I'm leaving this thread. Bye, have fun with PS4.

...I think you're confused. When did I call you a creep?

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

LzWinky

Sony_70 wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

This just seems stupid and pointless to me.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shingi_70

Intresting on the Video about the new XO controller, Kinect 2.0, and the console. Pretty Positive overall.

WAT!

banacheck

It's called Xbox One or a reason AKA Xbox On, but i bet Xbox fans don't care and still buy it. Say what you want about Sony but they don't pull this crap, and have there Hardcore gamers in mind unlike Microsoft.

banacheck

shingi_70

LzQuacker wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

This just seems stupid and pointless to me.

of course its pointless but its a relative easy fix for those who game at other folks house. My problem is that even if i own the game I can't play it. I scammed Microsoft China out of a free downloadable copy of AC3. I jplay it on my main account even though the game itself is tied to a chinese account. With the XO I wouldn't be able to play on my main account without playing, though in hindsight I guess i'm part of the problem.

Apparently every XO game must support smartglalss meaning devs can't use the Gamepad being different as a BS excuse any more.

WAT!

zoroarkrules25

So, who thinks nintendo sucks now? Right now it seems them and sony are owning the market and at least make improvements to their systems and not deimprovements.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

shingi_70

banacheck wrote:

It's called Xbox One or a reason AKA Xbox On, but i bet Xbox fans don't care and still buy it. Say what you want about Sony but they don't pull this crap, and have there Hardcore gamers in mind unlike Microsoft.

The consumer in general doesn't care. (not just xbox fans). Sony is leaving it up to pubs meaning it'll probably happen any way on sony systems.

WAT!

Midnight3DS

The_Fox wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

I'm sorry, this sucks...

I will say that this is probably the easiest thing that they could change. If there's enough negative feedback I wouldn't be surprised to see it changed well before the system releases.

But weren't opinions with this concept not made clear through the whole #dealwith it mess? They're trying to force this one way or another.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic