Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 11,903

shingi_70

I already own the Xbox original version on my 360 so I'll pass.

Sunset Overdrive is reviewing pretty well and has a 83 overall metacritic score.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

Finally at an actual computer and not posting from my phone. Anyway time for some Xbox news

Holiday promotion startin November 2nd all the xbox one bundles will be $349. They're saying it's limited but expect it to push units and become the normal price. The One is around 6-7 million and i expect this plus the great line up to get the system to around 10 million units out there.

Sunset Overdrive is out tomorrow and as i said eariler has been revieiwing pretty well.

The November Xbox One update add's themes.

The full 16 minute Quantum Break demo with commentary by Sam Lake.

Also last but Microsoft announced Halo Fest for november 8-11th

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/games-halo-fest-announcement

HaloFest: A Celebration Fit for a Spartan
Halo: The Master Chief Collection is Microsoft and 343 Industries’ tribute to longtime fans, the culmination of more than 13 years of storytelling, adventure and gameplay. For the first HaloFest, 343 built a living museum of Halo history, but this time, the history is encapsulated in its purest form, the Master Chief’s epic saga. So this year, in celebration of those memories and the future that lies ahead, Halo will take over the Avalon Theatre in Los Angeles on Nov. 10, the day before Halo: The Master Chief Collection arrives worldwide.

Fans all over the world are invited to join the festivities via a live broadcast on Xbox Live, Xbox.com and Twitch, beginning at 8 p.m. PT. Tune in to the HaloFest Livestream to see:

First look at Halo 5: Guardians. Fans will have a chance to experience the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta before its release on Dec. 29. An exhibition match between eSports pros will provide a first glimpse at the future of Halo multiplayer gameplay.
World premiere of Halo: Nightfall. The evolution of Halo storytelling continues with the debut of Halo: Nightfall. Watch the first episode of this original live-action digital series, which introduces Agent Locke – a pivotal new character in Halo 5: Guardians. Halo: Nightfall is the result of an unprecedented collaboration with industry talents like Ridley Scott and Sergio Mimica-Gezzan, who worked hand-in-hand with 343 Industries to raise the bar for live-action storytelling in the Halo universe.
Interviews with 343 Industries and more. Hear from Head of 343 Industries Bonnie Ross, Franchise Development Director Frank O’Connor, Executive Producer Dan Ayoub, Executive Producer Josh Holmes and others as they talk about the past, present and future of the Halo universe. Additionally, get the latest details on Halo: Nightfall directly from 343 Executive Producer Kiki Wolfkill, the cast and production team, and hear from celebrity Halo fans walking the green carpet at the Avalon Theatre.
The global Halo Tournament. On Nov. 8-9, the Halo: The Master Chief Collection Launch Invitational, presented by ESL, will feature 32 of the biggest names in eSports going toe-to-toe in Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer for $50,000 in prizes and the chance to be the first to play the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta. The competition will take place at ESL’s Southern California headquarters, and all coverage will be streamed at Twitch.tv/Halo on Nov. 8-9, with additional highlights airing during the HaloFest live broadcast on Nov. 10.

Halo: Nightfall Trailer Debuts Today
Can’t wait for HaloFest? Check out the new Halo: Nightfall trailer above for a sneak peek at the live-action series. Led by world class talent, including executive producer Ridley Scott, Scott Free TV President David Zucker, and award-winning director Sergio Mimica-Gezzan, Halo: Nightfall will take full advantage of Xbox One’s rich interactivity, connecting the games and the series in innovative new ways.

The next chapter in your Halo journey begins soon, and you can get ready by pre-ordering and pre-downloading Halo: The Master Chief Collection today. Be sure to tune in, beginning with the tournament on Nov. 8-9, followed by the HaloFest broadcast at 8 p.m. PT on Nov. 10! Enlist today.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Gamer83

Getting Sunset Overdrive tonight, one of the big reasons I got an X1 and am very much looking forward to it. And I heard about Halofest 2014 a few days ago. I thought it was cool when they had one back in 2011 and since Halo is my favorite franchise, I'm very hyped.

Also nice to see MS continue to be aggressive this holiday. It has the games and now an even better price, there is absolutely no reason to get a PS4 over an X1 this holiday. The one good thing about PS4's success is it's forced MS to get back to doing what made the early days of the 360 such a great time. Now MS needs to return the a$$ kicking because Sony has been doing absolutely nothing this year and the exclusives for 2015, outside of Uncharted 4, are a complete joke. And this is coming from somebody who has mostly gamed on PlayStation since Sony entered the market in 1995.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

shingi_70

I'll be picking up sunset this thursday and looking forward to playing Chaos mode with you guys.

The Halofest is big news and it looks like the main focus of 5's multiplayer component will be for competitive play. Last year's Halo 4 championship was really awesome and my guess is this is just the first step to get Halo and the FPS genre back at the forefront of esports since MOBA's are all over the space right now. Hopefully the tournament can call back days of Halo 2/3 MLG and be as exciting as the Super Smash Bros tournament held at this year's E3.

Its good to see Microsoft being aggresive to go after that second place spot, becuase up to this point I have felt that Sony has been really complacent in their line up of first party games as well as just overall marketing Half of it seems to be that they're on top, and the other have is probably they can't green light two many retail games or price cuts due to how much the company is hurting right now.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

Sunset Overdrive looks better now than it did at E3; that much is for sure. The commercial made it look like it has way better graphics than it did, and the levels look more complex than what was at E3. I'm generally excited for most of what is showing up on Xbox One, but I just don't have the cash to buy 10+ games, which is definitely what I would do if I could afford it. I'm stuck settling for only Smash Bros. and Master Chief Collection. Christmas is my only hope for everything else. Oh Santa, how my goodness has summoned thee.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

Looks like the Xbox One deal of the week is titanfall and it's season pass. I want to try it but it seems like a bad deal so close to Halo MCC.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

Titanfall has gotten better. The thread I made about it being fairly crappy was before any major updates were applied. For reference sake, there were literally times where the game couldn't even run correctly. It was like beta type performance. They've added alot more default content, customization, and stability from what I've seen, as well. I agree that buying it this close to Halo probably isn't that good of an idea, especially if you're strapped for cash like I am.

Qwest

Gamer83

Got done with a 5-hour session of Sunset Overdrive and it's a blast so far. Still early in the game but already got some pretty sweet weapons and upgrades. Stringing combos together and then having your upgrades kick in is crazy. Takes some of my favorite games Ratchet & Clank (crazy weapons), inFamous, Jet Set Radio and Crackdown (somewhat similar art style/colorful atmosphere) and blends them nicely. Nothing original but it is the best Insomniac game I've played in a while now, Resistance 3 in 2011 being the last good one and 2009's R&C: A Crack in Time being the last truly great one. The story isn't too engaging, yet at least, but I do like the cast of characters and I enjoy the humor. Most important part though is it's just fun to play and the map is pretty big and from what I can tell it seems like there is a ton of collectibles and seems like there will be plenty of side missions/challenges to keep us busy. Should have some decent longevity.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

shingi_70

Internet's out so anyone wants a invite to the evolve alpha for Xbox one. I have two codes to give away.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

shingi_70 wrote:

Internet's out so anyone wants a invite to the evolve alpha for Xbox one. I have two codes to give away.

I'll take one, dude. My email is [email protected]
Thanks in advance.

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

@shingi_70
Just letting you know that I got it. It'll give me something to play this weekend, so thanks,

Qwest

shingi_70

No problem man at least someone should enjoy it. I still have a second code that was given to me by the Dashboard preview program if any one wants it?

I'm looking at the Destiny content Controversy and since I sort of petered out on the game, I think i'm going to call Microsoft and try to get a refund, and use that money to get one of three games I wanted for this holiday. (Sunset, Halo, and Dragon Age).

Its not that related to Xbox but Microsoft just announced and released thier smartwatch/Fitness band called the Microsoft Band. It works with all three smartphone platforms but works the best with Windows Phone. It uses a platform called Microsoft Health and I wouldn't be suprised to see Xbox Fitness or a future xbox app pdated to work with it.

http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-health/en-us?ocid=MSCOM_HP

It looks to be what I actualyl want from a smart wearable and not something that tries to mimic a watch and has a ton of features.

Untitled
[img]http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/96adf9b8a29b30426665640fc06ab72f/201004392/band.gif/img]

WAT!

shingi_70

So in addition to Halo and Sunset which I'm being myself, I just learned my Christmas presents are the new Call of Duty and Ass Creed games.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

I played the Evolve Alpha. It's decent, There's alot of bugs and stuff(because it's Alpha), but it's an ok game. It just sucks when there's CPU players on the team, because they don't do anything helpful, which gives the beast the advantage. You can switch between characters if there are CPUs.

The buttons are different than any game I've played before.

Qwest

shingi_70

Hmm, what do you mean the controls were different.

Pushing sunset and Halo till next month due to needing money for school, and Advanced Warfare and Unity being big enough games for now.

Playing through Watch_dogs and BF4 right now.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

@shingi_70
Usually the different weapons are mapped to the d-pad, but they are mapped to the RB, LB, Y, and B buttons. A is jump, X is reload, then there are jet packs. The d-pad is for selecting which computer you want have control of. I did the best with the tactical guy and the assault guy. It was an ok Alpha. Everyone understood that people were learning the game, but it's not that hard once you learn it, I could see more character choices mixing up the combat styles, 10 fold.

Qwest

Gamecubed

I'm honestly considering getting an XB1 someday (and a PS4 later next year). I'm digging the current line-up and it's just cheaper than the PS4 in Canada. I've always wanted to try Halo, but I've never owned a Microsoft console before. With the Master Chief collection coming out, I see it as a perfect chance. Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2 and Ryse are also sparking my interest.
So my question is.... what do you guys think of it? What are you opinions on it? What do you think of Halo? I've been a Nintendo/Sony user for so long.

Gamecubed

SCRAPPER392

@Gamecubed
Well, if those games are appealing to you, then buy one. I bought it on a whim really. I got an Xbox 360 around the time Halo Reach came out, and bought alot of the exclusives. That was enough for me to buy Xbox One early into the generation. I had alot of fun with Dead Rising 3, and Titanfall has gotten better through updates. It really depends on what you want, but Master Chief Collection is a great place to start. I'll be getting it. Kinect is ok, but there isn't really much out for it.

Overall, it's a decent console that will get better. I have way more games for Wii U, though. I've already beaten most of what I have, and I'm kind of broke, so I haven't been able to buy anything lately.

Project Spark lets you create stuff, if that's your thing, and it's free to play. Killer Instinct lets you play as at least one character after how ever much time, too, so you can try that out before you buy it; if you ever get an Xbox One, that is, I've just been freeing out on that and Games with Gold for a while.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Gamer83

@Gamecubed

I'm a little biased since Halo is my favorite franchise, but if you've never experienced it before, you're in for a treat if you get an Xbox One and the Master Chief Collection. Definitely the perfect place to start. Sunset Overdrive is one of my favorite games in a while, it doesn't take itself seriously at all and you can tell the team that developed it really understands what videogames are about, it's just a blast to play. It can provide a challenge but it's also very forgiving with checkpoints so it never gets frustrating. It's got a good sense of humor to it and great missions and side quests. As for Forza Horizon 2, I can't say enough good things about it. That game was the main reason I got an Xbox One in late August rather than waiting until the end of this year and it delivered. It's got a great open world to drive around in and explore and the races are all a blast as well as stuff like Bucket List Challenges, even one that pays homage to Outrun.

Killer Instinct is definitely a game I'd recommend as well with you being a Nintendo gamer for a long time.

Overall, and I like the Xbox brand a lot so again maybe I'm a little biased, but the Xbox One is a great console, in fact I'm using it a lot more than my PS4 and since Sony entered the games market in 1995 I've considered myself to be mostly a PlayStation guy (I do own a few more 360 games than PS3 ones though).

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

CanisWolfred

I just want to mention that only a few hours in, and Lost Odyssey is already one of the best-written RPGs I've ever played. I want more companies to work with acclaimed novelists now, especially if they include little novelettes like LO does. Seriously, each dream has brought me closer to tears than any single game has ever done before, I love it. Not one bit has come off as rushed or contrived. I can't say much about the gameplay, but its handling of the "interactive cutscenes" reminds me of FF9, and there's no way that could be a bad thing. I just hope the whole narrative follows through. If it can hold the main story together, this may very well make it on my top list on its writing alone, and there isn't one other game on my list that can say that.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic