Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 11,914

kkslider5552000

I should state first that I appreciate Microsoft's recent attempts to focus on games that aren't Gears or whatever.

...but they ****ed over Swery from what it sounds like. Just did nothing to promote his game, like the Wonderful 101 situation X10 it sounds like.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SCRAPPER392

All I really want right now is Halo Collection.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

Yeah I'll be grabbing Sunset Overdrive this month, and Halo next month. Will start to fill out the first party games I want to play that I haven't starting next year with Ryse and Zoo Tycoon. (you know barring a sale)

Killer Insticnt season 2 should be out soon so i'm hoping season 1 goes on sale.

The Inner Circle podcast had a special episode where they interview Phil Spencer

Some of the stuff said.

-Windows 10 is coming to Xbox One alongside DirectX12
-Screenshots and Custom Themes and backgrounds are coming in one of the future
-They're looking to get rid of Indie Parity.
-Mech Assault and High Heat Baseball are not on the list of old IP being revived,
-Rare told Rare to make a Rare style game, he's going to view it in November. (some others are going this month to view what all the Europe studios are doing).
-2015 is looking really good, but they're giving developers time and haven't announced everything.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

So far for next year we have announced

Halo 5: Guardians

Quantum Break

Fable Legends

Screamride

Rise of the Tomb Raider

State of Decay: Year One Surivial Edition

Phantom Dust

I didn't put Crackdown or Scalebound because one or both of them are 2016. Along with those we should be seeing a few other things,.

-Twisted Pixel's next game should be ready going by their time table
-Killer Instinct season 3
-Press Play's next game should be out next year as well since totem is a side project.
-We should finally see Lift London's projects, I know one of them is apart of Press Play's new game.
-My guess is Turn 10 doesn't put out a new Forza next year but we should see big Expansions to Motorsport 5 and Horizon 2 a la the Mario Kart expansions.
-Lionhead's new IP will be 2016 but revealed next year. My guess is they're going to bulk up to three teams. The Legends group, The new IP (A Sci-fi RPG to counter the GG project), and a proper Fable IV.
-Rare is working on a NEW IP and an Old IP.
-Games from the newly announced studios and second party paries, plus Old IP being brought back like KI and Phantom dust.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

D4 is really good man, I'm hoping that even if the sales are so-so Microsoft bites the loss bullet and makes enough content for it, at least till it can feel out a disc like they did with KI and Project Spark.

WAT!

shingi_70

Untitled

WAT!

Gamer83

I'm going to have to spring for one of those 3TB external drives by Seagate that GameStop has. I don't like deleting stuff and there are a crap ton of games coming to Xbox One over the next year that I want. PlayStation4 will likely literally be an MLB The Show, Uncharted machine unless there is some major shaping up.

Gamer83

shingi_70

Fable Legends beta starts next week so its the last time to sign up to try and get it I got my conformation email so hopefully i'm in the first batch who gets a code on Monday.

http://www.wpcentral.com/fable-legends-beta-starts-next-week-...

WAT!

UTXGamer

Been debating whether or not to pick up my X1 now, take advantage of the Walmart free game deal, or wait and see if any better holiday deals are announce. Would have taken advantage of that early September deal, but had a lot of financial uncertainty at the time.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/AgentCarmichael

Nintendo Network ID: AgentCarmichael

CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I should state first that I appreciate Microsoft's recent attempts to focus on games that aren't Gears or whatever.

...but they ****ed over Swery from what it sounds like. Just did nothing to promote his game, like the Wonderful 101 situation X10 it sounds like.

To be fair...it sounds like it wasn't that good a game anyways. Like, his last game was a B-Grade game, but it had a lot of heart at least. D4 just sounds like a mess with a lot less energy and focus...

Also, if they can make a good game out of Phantom Dust, I'll eat my hat.

...After it inevitably comes out on PC.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

To be fair...it sounds like it wasn't that good a game anyways. Like, his last game was a B-Grade game, but it had a lot of heart at least. D4 just sounds like a mess with a lot less energy and focus...

I've seen a playthrough of it, it's basically an insane Japanese Heavy Rain and it looks glorious. Whoever told you this is a liar. Like I don't have much experience actually playing these types of games, but just watching it was really entertaining and filled with more heart and personality than a lot of games tbh.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

D4 is crazy in all the right ways, as someone who loves this genre and new style of P&C games I'm in love with it, the only real gripe being the Stamina meter and the multiple playthroughs to unlock everything. I hope despite Luke warm sales Microsoft allows swery to produce more.
Noted GAF insider Shinobi posted on twitter that Microsoft is going hard next year in terms of games we know and don't know. From the sounds of it a fee things can be glimmered.

-Quantum Break is next September
-Crackdown is 2016 while Phantom Dust and Scalebound are next year.

• No new news of a RPG for next year so lionhead's new IP is likely 2016.

It surprises me that after watchdogs and Mario kart neither Microsoft or Sony has a major titled slated for may/June. Seems like a great time to put out a new IP or an old one with tempered expectations.

WAT!

SuperKMx

So this is where you all are. Hey, everyone!

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

3DS Friend Code: 4897-7320-2979 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperKMx | Twitter:

shingi_70

I think most of probably go to Pure Xbox and Push Square but tend to lurk.

Microsoft just announced a new Halo game for Windows Phone and Windows titled Halo Spartan Strike. Its a sequel to Spartan Assualt and the gameplay looks far more interesting and it won't have any microtransactions.
Untitled

•Crush your enemies using the iconic Warthog jeep, or sweep them from the battlefield using the all-new Kestrel VTOL.
•Use all-new weapons (Suppressor, Scatter Shot, Binary Rifle and Incineration Cannon) and armor abilities (Proximity Mine, Bubble Shield, Teleport, Shock Chain and Airstrike) to dominate on the battlefield.
•Face off against new Promethean enemies; deadly mechanical warriors who seek mankind’s annihilation.
•Experience an all-new story that will take you from New Mombasa on Earth to the enigmatic Gamma Halo located at the edge of charted space.
•Take control! For this top-down shooter, you can choose between keyboard and mouse, USB Xbox controller, or touch-based virtual joystick.
•Earn achievements in Halo: Spartan Strike to unlock an exclusive emblem, nameplate, and avatar in Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One (sold separately).

Expect it too come to Xbox One next year, its also the fourth in line of Microsoft taking its IP and adapting them to mobile following Assult, as well as Zoo Tycoon Friends and Age of Empire Castle siege which are your typical mobile games.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

SCAR392 wrote:

All I really want right now is Halo Collection.

Oh ya, I forgot to mention that I want GTA V, too. The entire reasoning why I didn't want it, was because it was going to be stuck on last gen, as far as anyone knew at the time. Since it's coming out on Xbox One with some enhancements, it makes alot more sense why I held out on buying it,

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

theblackdragon

okay so i picked up my Xbone last night and Destiny today. been messing around with it on my lonesome ever since. if anyone wants to team up with a low-level character and hang out, shoot some bad guys, watch me make a donkey of myself, etc., my gamertag is QuiscalusMajor. just message me and let me know who you are, lol :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

shingi_70

Anyone else picking up Sunset Overdrive and Halo MCC. They're going to be my game purchases this holiday alongside a Wii u, smash, Zelda, and a third game in December.

WAT!

Gamer83

shingi_70 wrote:

Anyone else picking up Sunset Overdrive and Halo MCC. They're going to be my game purchases this holiday alongside a Wii u, smash, Zelda, and a third game in December.

I'm getting those two, then the other games I'm getting in Nov. are Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, GTA V and LittleBigPlanet 3 for PS4. I think those games on Nov. 18 may be the last ones I get for the year but a good sale and maybe I'll get Sleeping Dogs Definitive for X1. Also trying to save for an external 3TB harddrive.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Gamer83

For anyone interested, GTA: San Andreas HD is $4 on XBL for today only I believe. Not a bad deal, imo, I'm going to get it for that price.

Gamer83

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic