Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 1,601 to 1,620 of 1,840

AuthorMessage
rallydefault

rallydefault

1,601. Posted:

@shingi_70

Glad you're enjoying it! The UI is definitely smooth and, in my opinion, the best out of the three consoles. Add in Kinect, and you have an even snappier way to navigate around! And good luck with the games you got - I LOVED Ryse, regardless of the reviews it got.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

1,602. Posted:

I would say anyone with an Xbox One should jump at that Dead Rising 3 $60 deal with all the DLC(except the new SUPER ULTRA etc... DLC). I bought it like a wekk before this deal, which kind of sucks, but whatever.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

1,603. Posted:

I'm really bummed that I didn't jump on the crimson dragon sale last week. I'm hoping Zoo Tycoon is this week.

The polish of the Ui and blows every other console I've had away. The game DVR is pretty awesome feature, I made a whole review just using th tools they have me.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

1,604. Posted:

@shingi_70
Well, it's pretty much the same as Xbox 360's UI, except with alot more apps and features. I'm totally fine with the Windows 8 type layout. Kinect comes in handy for snapping apps to the side and such, otherwise I don't use it much. Overall it's quite a bit better than last gen, but it still needs some work.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

1,605. Posted:

@SCAR392

I mostly was talking about how snappy it was. The PS4 other than speed is a worse console OS than the 360 when it compares not only to feature wise but service as well. Also the idea to go with pure black and a contrasting color works to keep everything clean and was the best part of windows phone/8.

I'm watching Game of Thrones and having Notifications pop up for the world cup is pretty awesome.

Also watching trailers and videos actually works on the Xbone and aren't a crazy buffering machine that the PS4 is. You can tell that Sony built its console only for games and gave everything else including the OS.

I'm hoping we get an actual story mode in KI season 2.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

1,606. Posted:

Tomb Raider and Strider are 50% off on xbox one this week. You can get Tomb Raider for $30 and Strider for $7.49.

WAT!

AuthorMessage
DRLAdmin

DRL

1,607. Posted:

We're having another contest over at Pure Xbox. This time we're giving away three download codes for Blood of the Werewolf (XBLA). Follow the link if you're interested!

US Editor, Pure Xbox
US Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Nintendo Network ID: DaveRandall | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

1,608. Posted:

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition and Strider are half off on the Xbox store. I just bought Tomb Raider, because I haven't played it.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

1,609. Posted:

Picking both up this week and they'll be my day off games. Should be a pretty nice week with Valient Hearts, Another World, and maybe pier solat coming next week

WAT!

AuthorMessage
Gamer83

Gamer83

1,610. Posted:

mamp wrote:

I'm surprised people here are actually excited about the Halo collection because it seems like everywhere else people are complaining about it. I personally think it's awesome because they're getting remastered and most "collections" tend to consist of 2 games (very rarely 3).

To be fair, at least what I've seen, it's people who are complaining about all these remasters. I like TLoU, GTA V, Halo 4, etc, as much as the next guy but it is a bit much. People didn't buy new consoles to play old games. I'll make an exception for Halo though because it's my favorite franchise, it's a Collection of games instead of just one game and 2's multi is being left untouched.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

1,611. Posted:

So what's everyone's gametag's and you guys want to get together for a gaming session sometime.

WAT!

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

1,612. Posted:

I updated the OP only having the games releasing this month as well as the Deals and Games for Gold for the month. I may add in the upcoming first party games as well.

As for updates looks like on the One were getting

Valiant Hearts the Great War
RBI Baseball 14
Another World Anniversary Edition
Contrast

Zombie Driver Deluxe Edition and Magic the Gather 2015 have been rated so expect those next month.

WAT!

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

1,613. Posted:

Outlast just released on Xbox One today.
https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Outlast/e30cee6d-...

The game is $19.99 and the Whistleblower DLC is $8.99.

WAT!

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

1,614. Posted:

So Gamestop were having a deal yesterday giving our Xbox Store money $5 a piece. By the time the promotion end I ended up with $55 due to the fact I was mostly on my phone. So I picked up

Sixty Second Shooter
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Strider
Powerstar Golf City Street Pack

WAT!

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

1,615. Posted:

@shingi_70
Could you restate that? I can't even read what you typed.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

1,616. Posted:

@SCAR392

Gamestop was having a promotion on Facebook giving five dollar coupons for the Xbox Storefront. People were gaming the system to get more than one coupon. I ended up with $55 on the Xbox Storefront.

They're going be running similar promotions for the next three weeks.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840749

WAT!

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

1,617. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

@SCAR392

Gamestop was having a promotion on Facebook giving five dollar coupons for the Xbox Storefront. People were gaming the system to get more than one coupon. I ended up with $55 on the Xbox Storefront.

They're going be running similar promotions for the next three weeks.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840749

Oh, that's lucky. I don't even have a FaceBook account, but I probably would have made one, just for that. Oh well.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

1,618. Posted:

Man Tomb Raider is more brutal than I expected and can be off putting at times. I mean the deaths are as bas as what we saw in The Last of US.

WAT!

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

1,619. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Man Tomb Raider is more brutal than I expected and can be off putting at times. I mean the deaths are as bas as what we saw in The Last of US.

I saw the game as being a better version of Uncharted, except with a girl. I think I only got squeemish once, and that was near the beginning of the game. I can't rememember specifically why, though.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
rallydefault

rallydefault

1,620. Posted:

Some of the deaths are pretty graphic. But man, that game is AWESOME. I originally played it with max settings on my PC, but I'm seriously considering getting the remastered version for my Xbox One just to relive the story and get achievements along the way. Money doesn't grow on trees, though ... but it is tempting I liked it that much haha

rallydefault