Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 11,903

Peach64

More Platinum goodness on the way!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/06/2...coming-in-2014

Platinum Games is developing The Legend of Korra, a third-person combat game based on the Nickelodeon TV show.

The Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Bayonetta 2 studio and Activision will launch its downloadable Legend of Korra game this fall on PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3.

Korra scribe Tim Hendrick is writing the story, which takes place between The Legend of Korra’s second and third seasons. As the series' leading lady, players will use the Avatar's fire, earth, air, and water elements in combat to fight familiar enemies such as Mecha Tanks and Chi Blockers, as well as other Benders in the 3-on-3 Pro-Bending arena.

A Webfoot Technologies-developed turn-based strategy version of The Legend of Korra will also hit Nintendo 3DS this year. Where Platinum's action game is all about fast-paced martial-art combat, the 3DS game will "focus on tactically maneuvering Korra and her allies on the battlefield."

Look for more on Platinum's The Legend of Korra game, including our hands-on impressions, later this week.

Peach64

shingi_70

what in the what?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Jazzer94

shingi_70 wrote:

what in the what?

Successor of Avatar the last airbender, it's okay but nowhere near as funny.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

SCRAPPER392

Webfoot? I haven't seen anything about that company, since the 90's. Maybe it's just because I don't really pay attention to PC.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

I know what Korra is just a bit surprised that Platinum is doing the game.

I picked up a Watch_Dogs and Another World today. Probably won't get to them till I clear my plate.

Next month's Games for Gold has been announced.

On the xbox One we have

Max and the Cursed Brotherhood
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition

and on the 360

Battleblock Theater
Gotham City Imposters

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

rallydefault

Well, I already downloaded and beat Max from June's offerings, but I've been waiting to play Guacamelle since it first came out, so I'm stoked about that.

rallydefault

SCRAPPER392

rallydefault wrote:

Well, I already downloaded and beat Max from June's offerings, but I've been waiting to play Guacamelle since it first came out, so I'm stoked about that.

I've gotten like half way through it. I didn't really like Spartan Assault, though.
I'm glad Guacamelee will be there. I was planning on buying it for Wii U, when it releases, but I won't have to do that now.

Qwest

shingi_70

Not that far into Max, I just got the second power up. In section D of Halo but I play the co-op much more than the single player.

WAT!

RR529

Too bad our 360 doesn't have a hard drive. We have Gold, and I haven't been able to grab a single free game...

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Gamer83

Played Guacamelee when it originally released on Vita. Awesome game. Hope Gold subscribers enjoy it. Definitely a fun, Metroidvania-style game.

Gamer83

rallydefault

To those who haven't finished Max: keep on going! It was a fun game for me, and once you get used to the puzzle logic you get to do all sorts of crazy stuff with his powers.

rallydefault

shingi_70

Probably going to try and finish up bth Max and Halo this weekend. WIll finish up Halo after I get off of work and Max tomorrow.

So i'm stuck on the vent scene in another world. But man it seems like every shot of this game can be an art print.

Here's Microsoft's line up for the fall.
Untitled

I'm going to pay off Desntiy and Forza next month, and all the other stuff a month before.

D4 isn't on the list or the news wire release. But everyone has said its coming this year, I wonder since its episodic its not on the list.

WAT!

rallydefault

Dang ... I'm gonna need more money lol

DEFINITELY buying: Halo collection, Sunset Overdrive, Ori, Fable, CoD (yea I'm a CoD guy haha), Middle Earth, DRAGON AGE!!!!!!, Valiant Hearts (soon), and probably Far Cry 4 (I'm not a super big Far Cry fan, though I've actually played all of them to some degree).

rallydefault

shingi_70

On my list for this fall I mainly have

Destiny
Forza Horizon
Sunset Overdrive
Dragon Age Inquisition
Lego Batman 3 Beyond Gotham

But that's just retail.

Guacmeele came out yesterday and its pretty fun, I updated the OP with this months deals and releases as well.

The multiplayer trailer for Sunset overdrive

This month I'll probably only be picking up magic.

WAT!

Zizzy

So stoked for Far Cry 4, definitely picking it up for 360.

(I'll be switching gens to PS4 once they kill off the 360)

Zizzy

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1585-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Zizzy147

shingi_70

Farcry looks awesome.

I like the rumble in the Triggers it makes the tense moments with the Oni in tomb raider even tenser. I can't ait to play a full horror game with these bad boys.

Anyone watching Every Street United?

Also not really gaming news but Microsoft is working on a smartwatch that's supposed to be cross platform.

My sources tell me instead that Microsoft will this fall release a Samsung Gear Fit-like fitness band that will display smart phone-based notifications, just like the current and rumored watches and other wearables. So that's the first bit of rumor busting: It's a wristband, not a watch. (Yes, I'm sure you'll be able to see the time on its screen. But the form factor is a wristband.

From a differentiation standpoint, Microsoft's wearable will do something that no other wearable platform does. It will work with everything and not just the device maker's smart phone platform. Where Samsung wearables only work with Samsung phones, Android Wear devices only work with modern Android devices, and Apple's rumored iWatch will obviously only work with iPhone, Microsoft will take a different approach. It will work with Android, iPhone and Windows Phone.

The focus, however, is the same as with Samsung Gear and similar fitness bands: Using multiple sensors, it will track your fitness—steps, calories burned, heart rate, and the like—throughout the day and interoperate with apps on mobile phones. Microsoft makes some great apps, already—hint, hint—including Bing Health & Fitness and Healthvault. It will work with third party apps too, of course.

Could get tied into Xbox Fitness.

WAT!

shingi_70

New Trailer for Halo: Master Chief collection coming out of Rooster teeth con

The newly added teriminals for Halo 2 will be about the Arbiter and help lead into Halo 5.

They announced a new vehicle.

Also the Nighfall series will be weekly on the disc, so i'm guessing 5 15 minute episodes.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

Soooo, I beat Guacamelee. Now I'm just trying to get all the hidden stuff. I liked this more than Max. I also beat Tomb Raider, for the most part. The only schievements I have to do are multiplayer, but it kind of sucks, IMO.

Qwest

shingi_70

I just beat the main part of Spartan Assult and bought Fifa 14.

WAT!

shingi_70

I updated the OP with new DLC and deals.

Was going to ait till the GOTY versions But I just bought all of The Walking Dead season 2 for the discounted price. Hopefully The Wolf Among Us's season pass gets put on sell this week. I also picked up Dues Ex Human revolution.

Gah My Backlog is pretty big now currently i'm playing.

Max and the cursed Brotherhood
Guacameele
Another world
Tomb Raider
Watch_dogs
Strider
The Walking Dead season 2
Dues Ex Human Revolution

On the news front Project Spark is going to retail for you guys who don't like the free to play model.
Untitled

“Project Spark Starter Pack,” the Xbox One retail version of the game that has put the powers of creation and play in the hands of gamers, will arrive in stores on October 7 in the Americas, October 9 in Asia-Pacific countries and October 10 in Europe.

The retail package will deliver an incredible collection of premium content for $39.99, including the first sci-fi pack “Galaxies: First Contact,” the warrior champion Sir Haakon “Hawk” the Knight, “Champions Quest: Void Storm,” the first episode of an epic campaign adventure, and more. The “Project Spark Starter Pack” will provide immediate access to some of the best paid content, features and add-ons in a single package. All of the content included in the disc version will also be available digitally for Xbox One and Windows 8.1 on launch day.

“Project Spark” has made a name for itself as one of the most unique, innovative games available, and can be downloaded for free on Xbox One and Windows 8.1. Players can then expand their experience by purchasing additional in-game content. The beta has been going strong since December of last year, and with the launch of the “Project Spark Starter Pack” the game will officially move out of beta to full release.

Don’t fret, creators – if you’ve been playing, creating, unlocking and enjoying the existing beta on Windows 8.1 or Xbox One, the game will simply receive an update, so your credits, creations and favorite levels will remain intact. And if you haven’t been playing, what are you waiting for? Go download it today from the Xbox One marketplace or Windows 8 Store!

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic