Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 151 to 170 of 11,903

LzWinky

Wow, and you guys thought Nintendo's one account system was bad

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shingi_70

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

@Sony_70 They say that, but I don't see anything out on the table at the moment, you'll just have to wait and see if they're anything better than Halo, COD and Gears of War. There I named IPs that appear on a microsoft home console, they're either FPS' or TPS'.....

I could also point too Banjo Kazooie, Geomtry Wars, Minecraft, Alan Wake, Crash course, dust an elysian tale, Raskuls, Crimson Dragon, Battleblock theater, Fable, But than that wouldn't support your narrative.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

LzQuacker wrote:

Wow, and you guys thought Nintendo's one account system was bad

It is. If my wii U were to break i'm screwed unless nintendo does something. With the long I just log in and it tracks everything. Your purchases are tied to your account and not your system. It also sound like retail purchases are counted as microsoft store purchase so when I buy say Quantum break on disc I could download it at any time.

But for those with mutiple gamer households this does suck.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Ralizah

Sony_70 wrote:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

@Sony_70 They say that, but I don't see anything out on the table at the moment, you'll just have to wait and see if they're anything better than Halo, COD and Gears of War. There I named IPs that appear on a microsoft home console, they're either FPS' or TPS'.....

I could also point too Banjo Kazooie, Geomtry Wars, Minecraft, Alan Wake, Crash course, dust an elysian tale, Raskuls, Crimson Dragon, Battleblock theater, Fable, But than that wouldn't support your narrative.

There are some good original IPs for the 360, but the list of quality exclusives is smaller for Microsoft consoles than for Sony or Nintendo consoles.

XBOX's biggest exclusives are shooters. GOW, Halo, that sort of thing.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

citizenerased

Blabla, realism this, realism that.

I'd like absolutely 0% realism in my video games, thank you very much. I want fantastical, unrestrained worlds.

Clearly a console for frat boys and your average sport-obsessed American.

I thought about picking up a 360 for the indie titles, but virtually all of those are available on PC or PS3.

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

factually terrible list, barring indies that Microsoft does not care about anymore

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TwilightV

And Cloud storage kills yet another system for me.

TwilightV

Ralizah

TwilightV wrote:

Good lord, THAT'S your tipping point? Whats wrong with Cloud Storage, if I might ask?

RR529

citizenerased wrote:

I'd like absolutely 0% realism in my video games, thank you very much. I want fantastical, unrestrained worlds.

So, how are Americans any more "sport obsessed" than any other people?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

RR529 wrote:

citizenerased wrote:

Both Europeans and Americans are obsessed with football. Only, the European football is our soccer.

Chrono_Cross

citizenerased wrote:

Not all gamers share the same tastes. Hopefully you'll learn this quickly and avoid being ignorant again.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

TwilightV

Ralizah wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

Good lord, THAT'S your tipping point? Whats wrong with Cloud Storage, if I might ask?

Well, apparently because of the switch, PSN and supposedly XBLA games won't be transferred, meaning you'll have to rebuy each and every one at full price or keep your old console around. I don't like the idea of either.

Edit: And that's only assuming they offer all these games on the new systems.

Edited on by TwilightV

TwilightV

RetroGBHippie92

RR529 wrote:

citizenerased wrote:

Ok I'll give you a hint, Here in New Zealand and Australia, a lot of people are obsessed with Rugby, but compared to America, that is almost nothing because you have over 300 million people, where as there are only 4.4 million in my country. Besides, people here don't use video game consoles to watch sport, we have satellite tv for that.

Edited on by RetroGBHippie92

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

Ralizah

TwilightV wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

Well, apparently because of the switch, PSN and supposedly XBLA games won't be transferred, meaning you'll have to rebuy each and every one at full price or keep your old console around. I don't like the idea of either.

Ah, so you're not opposed to Cloud Storage, you're just annoyed by the thought of losing access to the games you paid good money for.

TwilightV

Ralizah wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

Ah, so you're not opposed to Cloud Storage, you're just annoyed by the thought of losing access to the games you paid good money for.

Exactly.

TwilightV

citizenerased

RR529 wrote:

citizenerased wrote:

Note that I said "your average sport-obsessed American", not "your average, sport-obsessed American"

The comma mattering quite a bit.

Xbox has always done better in America (PS3 better in Europe) and while in Europe we're obsessed with one sport, you guys are obsessed with three. Sports are a huge part of college and American life as a whole. Certainly more so than in every European country I've been to. You guys make entire TV shows about it.

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

factually terrible list, barring indies that Microsoft does not care about anymore

Why do you say microsoft doesn't care about indies any more. By the marketing term of indie that SOny uses than microsoft still cares about indies. This year

Battleblock Theater
Ascend New gods
Crimsion Dragon
Crash Course 2
Skulls of the shogun
Kinect Party
Adera
Galatic Regin
Gunpowder
Monster Love Candy
State of Decay
Super Tme force
Charlie Murder
Castlestorm

Press Play an indie studio microsoft scooped up last year is ...

[url=http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-01-10-new-mic...

Yet all this evidence points to the contrary you keep on with this narrative that just isn't true of microsoft giving up on indie games.

WAT!

Ralizah

I can attest that it is a bit awkward sometimes being a 20-something American male with no interest whatsoever in sports. People always assume I'm interested in football and ask me questions about it. -_-

Edited on by Ralizah

Midnight3DS

@ twilightv

It's been confirmed that Sony has the ability to honor PSN purchases through cloud. What they end up doing, don't know.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

RetroGBHippie92

Ralizah wrote:

I can attest that it is a bit awkward sometimes being a 20-something American male with no interest whatsoever in sports. People always assume I'm interested in football and ask me questions about it. -_-

That's the same with me, people ask me "oh do you like rugby?" or "mind if we watch rugby?", I am not interested in sports whatsoever, so I always decline.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic