Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 1,481 to 1,500 of 1,736

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kodeen

1,481. Posted:

So your suggestion is buy the X1 if you want everything, otherwise just buy the competitor's product?

That's ... not a message companies usually go with.

Kodeen

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

1,482. Posted:

Kodeen wrote:

So your suggestion is buy the X1 if you want everything, otherwise just buy the competitor's product?

That's ... not a message companies usually go with.

This isn't even only about Xbox One. They have a Kinectless Xbox One, so there shouldn't be anymore complaining, but it also doesn't mean PS fans are automatically going to be all over Xbox One, now.

4 million people still bought an Xbox One with the Kinect. I can't find PS Eye sales, but Sony will still be watching to see whether they sell. If PS Eye doesn't sell, then what's the point of it?

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Beetlejuice

1,483. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@KennyPowers
It's all perspective. If you're hungry, you're not only going to buy french fries at McDonald's.

Think of it more like, McDonald's is selling you the burger for $6, but you get the the fries for $2 more. If you're buying just fries, you aren't VERY hungry. If you only buy the burger, and you're hungry, you won't get full.

I'm just saying. Buy the whole f***ing set, or you're missing out on something or another.

But what if all I have in my pocket is $2, and I am only moderately hungry? Should I then go without any food and remain malnourished because I don't have enough money to buy an expensive value meal? I need options damn it!

Or even if I have $10 in my pocket and I am thirsty, should I be forced to buy a whole value meal just to get a drink?

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

1,484. Posted:

Some food for thought:
http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/20/5529874/ps4-playstation-came...

Some PS4 owners couldn't get the camera, even if they wanted it.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

DRL

1,485. Posted:

Here's my Super Time Force review, if anyone's interested. :)

US Editor, Pure Xbox
US Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Twitter: DaveLetcavage

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

1,486. Posted:

KennyPowers wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@KennyPowers
It's all perspective. If you're hungry, you're not only going to buy french fries at McDonald's.

Think of it more like, McDonald's is selling you the burger for $6, but you get the the fries for $2 more. If you're buying just fries, you aren't VERY hungry. If you only buy the burger, and you're hungry, you won't get full.

I'm just saying. Buy the whole f***ing set, or you're missing out on something or another.

But what if all I have in my pocket is $2, and I am only moderately hungry? Should I then go without any food and remain malnourished because I don't have enough money to buy an expensive value meal? I need options damn it!

Or even if I have $10 in my pocket and I am thirsty, should I be forced to buy a whole value meal just to get a drink?

If you're only moderately hungry, then you aren't even close to being malnutritioned(aka: contradiction). If you only want to spend $2, then that's a PS Vita, not a PS4.

A drink would be $1, but represents an accessory.

I agree, options can be good. PS4 still doesn't have bundles for the camera or PS Vita in the U.S, though.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Beetlejuice

1,487. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Some food for thought:
http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/20/5529874/ps4-playstation-came...

Some PS4 owners couldn't get the camera, even if they wanted it.

So your point is that Sony made more money selling 900,000 stand alone PS4 cameras rather than including them in a bundle at a lower profit margin?

Or is your point that the PS4 camera, which is already selling out on its own, should be sold in a bundle along side the PS4, because its not selling enough units on its own?

And only 15% of PS4 owners have bought one, meaning the market for such a device is quite small. So Sony made the right choice by selling it separately and not forcing it on consumers who didnt want it.

Edited on by Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jazzer94

1,488. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Some food for thought:
http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/20/5529874/ps4-playstation-came...

Some PS4 owners couldn't get the camera, even if they wanted it.

So its an optional accessory, the Kinect should have also been optional from the start seeing as most games don't utilize the thing in any meaningful way which is why Microsoft have decided to sell Kinectless Xbox Ones.

Edit: I didn't know this till just recently but voice commands can be executed via a headset on PS4 (making the camera even less relevent) not sure about the Xbox One.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Beetlejuice

1,489. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

KennyPowers wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@KennyPowers
It's all perspective. If you're hungry, you're not only going to buy french fries at McDonald's.

Think of it more like, McDonald's is selling you the burger for $6, but you get the the fries for $2 more. If you're buying just fries, you aren't VERY hungry. If you only buy the burger, and you're hungry, you won't get full.

I'm just saying. Buy the whole f***ing set, or you're missing out on something or another.

But what if all I have in my pocket is $2, and I am only moderately hungry? Should I then go without any food and remain malnourished because I don't have enough money to buy an expensive value meal? I need options damn it!

Or even if I have $10 in my pocket and I am thirsty, should I be forced to buy a whole value meal just to get a drink?

If you're only moderately hungry, then you aren't even close to being malnutritioned(aka: contradiction). If you only want to spend $2, then that's a PS Vita, not a PS4.

A drink would be $1, but represents an accessory.

I agree, options can be good. PS4 still doesn't have bundles for the camera or PS Vita in the U.S, though.

Why is the drink only an accessory? The fries are also an accessory, and the burger is the console. I would even classify a McWrap as an accessory as well, as that can be used to supplement a value meal depending on how hungry you are.

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

1,490. Posted:

@KennyPowers
I'm saying:
1. Sony can't supply enough, so sometimes the option is there for consumers
2. It's not selling as many, because it isn't bundled in any way
3. It's not selling as many, because they can't meet demand

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jazzer94

1,491. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@KennyPowers
I'm saying:
1. Sony can't supply enough, so sometimes the option is there for consumers
2. It's not selling as many, because it isn't bundled in any way
3. It's not selling as many, because they can't meet demand

Its not selling most likely because people don't really want cameras for their consoles.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

1,492. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Some food for thought:
http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/20/5529874/ps4-playstation-came...

Some PS4 owners couldn't get the camera, even if they wanted it.

So its an optional accessory, the Kinect should have also been optional from the start seeing as most games don't utilize the thing in any meaningful way which is why Microsoft have decided to sell Kinectless Xbox Ones.

It's still better implemented than PS Camera, though. The entire OS can be controlled via the Kinect. Anyone who bought PS Camera paid $60, but didn't get as good of a camera, and it isn't as well implemented as the $100 Kinect.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

1,493. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@KennyPowers
I'm saying:
1. Sony can't supply enough, so sometimes the option is there for consumers
2. It's not selling as many, because it isn't bundled in any way
3. It's not selling as many, because they can't meet demand

Its not selling most likely because people don't really want cameras for their consoles.

You didn't even read what the article or I just said. The PS Eye isn't selling well, because Sony is falling short. They didn't supply enough for the camera to even be an option to consumers.

Why the hell would Sony do a half a$$ job at selling their product? Either they can't supply enough, or they won't supply enough. Both situations aren't very good.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Beetlejuice

1,494. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@KennyPowers
I'm saying:
1. Sony can't supply enough, so sometimes the option is there for consumers
2. It's not selling as many, because it isn't bundled in any way
3. It's not selling as many, because they can't meet demand

1. So if I am a PS4 owner and want the camera (that is sold out) I should have the option to repurchase another PS4 that includes the camera in a bundle?
2. It's not selling as many because the vast majority of PS4 owners don't want one. Including it in a bundle does not mean that the camera is popular, it means that people who want the PS4 are being forced to pay for something they don't want. Sony would likely sell less consoles if they forced it on people.
3. Its not selling as much because there are no big games that require it and it is a niche product.

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Beetlejuice

1,495. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Why the hell would Sony do a half a$$ job at selling their product? Either they can't supply enough, or they won't supply enough. Both situations aren't very good.

They are selling consoles at a faster rate than any other has before.

I will be sure to forward your posts to their financial department so they can implement your advice on how to improve sales.

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jazzer94

1,496. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@KennyPowers
I'm saying:
1. Sony can't supply enough, so sometimes the option is there for consumers
2. It's not selling as many, because it isn't bundled in any way
3. It's not selling as many, because they can't meet demand

Its not selling most likely because people don't really want cameras for their consoles.

You didn't even read what the article or I just said. The PS Eye isn't selling well, because Sony is falling short. They didn't supply enough for the camera to even be an option to consumers.

Why the hell would Sony do a half a$$ job at selling their product? Either they can't supply enough, or they won't supply enough. Both situations aren't very good.

I did read the article it said hard to find not in demand maybe you should read it again yourself.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

1,497. Posted:

KennyPowers wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@KennyPowers
I'm saying:
1. Sony can't supply enough, so sometimes the option is there for consumers
2. It's not selling as many, because it isn't bundled in any way
3. It's not selling as many, because they can't meet demand

1. So if I am a PS4 owner and want the camera (that is sold out) I should have the option to repurchase another PS4 that includes the camera in a bundle?
2. It's not selling as many because the vast majority of PS4 owners don't want one. Including it in a bundle does not mean that the camera is popular, it means that people who want the PS4 are being forced to pay for something they don't want. Sony would likely sell less consoles if they forced it on people.
3. Its not selling as much because there are no big games that require it and it is a niche product.

1. No one is that stupid. I'm saying that maybe if PS4s had a camera/Move bundle, there would be more separate supply of said camers, because that would mean they were prepared to offer options in both ways.
2. It's not selling, because they can't meet demand, and any potential of selling one, because it is in a bundle, is now moot. Bundles improve chances of selling the peripheral.
3. Catch-22: Less games will use it, because less cameras are out there. It's a statistic. Being niche is subjective.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

1,498. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@KennyPowers
I'm saying:
1. Sony can't supply enough, so sometimes the option is there for consumers
2. It's not selling as many, because it isn't bundled in any way
3. It's not selling as many, because they can't meet demand

Its not selling most likely because people don't really want cameras for their consoles.

You didn't even read what the article or I just said. The PS Eye isn't selling well, because Sony is falling short. They didn't supply enough for the camera to even be an option to consumers.

Why the hell would Sony do a half a$$ job at selling their product? Either they can't supply enough, or they won't supply enough. Both situations aren't very good.

I did read the article it said hard to find not in demand maybe you should read it again yourself.

It's hard to find, because it's sold out, which means they failed to meet demand of potential sales. How is that hard to understand?
EDIT: There is demand, otherwise it wouldn't be sold out.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NorthLightSuplx

1,499. Posted:

Thanks to all for providing me with all these LOL moments I am getting a kick out of this debate. grabs the popcorn

NorthLightSuplx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Beetlejuice

1,500. Posted:

NorthLightSuplx wrote:

Thanks to all for providing me with all these LOL moments I am getting a kick out of this debate. grabs the popcorn

I'm sitting on my back deck, getting some sun, listening to music and typing this on my iPad. I'm enjoying it too!

Beetlejuice