Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 11,903

MikeLove

SCAR392 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

@SCAR392

No ever said it would, I just stated that Sony resolved the issue they had with consumers. You said that you didn't hear complaining but how would you know if you don't care for Sony in the first place.

You seem to be projecting your misguided Sony hate on others. I mean if there was anyone who liked microsoft it was me, I praticlly stanned them uber hard in this thread over the last year, and I would have paid $500 to play Halo and Fable.

Sony didn't cater to everyone. Only the select core fans. Like I said, Sony should have bundles, too. If Sony was really catering to consumers, there would be 4 SKUs:
1. PS4 only
2. PS4 w/ Move/PS Eye
3. PS4 w/ Move/PS Eye and PS Vita
4. PS4 w/ PS Vita

There isn't a bundle option. If you guys really think people don't understand what the GamePad is, then how do you expect them to understand what all these things that aren't even included in the box are? How are people supposed to know what the Move and PS Eye are, if there isn't an immediate connection as simple as an SKU that bundles them?

Again, why bundle them when they are all optional peripherals of limited use, which can be purchased on their own separately if said PS4 owner is interested in them? Sony is catering to consumers by selling the base unit at a reasonable price and allowing the consumer to make their own choice to buy additional components. Microsoft was doing the opposite, by forcing people interested in the Xbox to pay for something they didn't want (kinect) to get the console.

MikeLove

MikeLove

SCAR392 wrote:

@KennyPowers
Ok, but my point was that Sony still isn't offering a bundle of anything. How many people would buy a PS4 w/ Move and the PS Eye for $475?

At this point in time, 0, because it's not even a option. People are more likely to buy products if they are bundled, because they want the whole shibang.

Do you think McDonalds would sell more fries if they were only sold in value meals for $7.99, or do you think they would make more money in the long run by offering them on their own for $1.30?

MikeLove

SCRAPPER392

@KennyPowers
It's all perspective. If you're hungry, you're not only going to buy french fries at McDonald's.

Think of it more like, McDonald's is selling you the burger for $6, but you get the the fries for $2 more. If you're buying just fries, you aren't VERY hungry. If you only buy the burger, and you're hungry, you won't get full.

I'm just saying. Buy the whole f***ing set, or you're missing out on something or another.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SCRAPPER392

Kodeen wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm just saying. Buy the whole f***ing set, or you're missing out on something or another.

But if you aren't very hungry, or you don't like McDonald's fries or whatever (I always get apple slices), then why buy the whole combo?

Also, this analogy is pretty silly.

If you aren't very hungry, go buy the PS Vita. If you like apples, then don't complain about the fries.

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

Kodeen wrote:

So your suggestion is buy the X1 if you want everything, otherwise just buy the competitor's product?

That's ... not a message companies usually go with.

This isn't even only about Xbox One. They have a Kinectless Xbox One, so there shouldn't be anymore complaining, but it also doesn't mean PS fans are automatically going to be all over Xbox One, now.

4 million people still bought an Xbox One with the Kinect. I can't find PS Eye sales, but Sony will still be watching to see whether they sell. If PS Eye doesn't sell, then what's the point of it?

Qwest

MikeLove

SCAR392 wrote:

@KennyPowers
It's all perspective. If you're hungry, you're not only going to buy french fries at McDonald's.

Think of it more like, McDonald's is selling you the burger for $6, but you get the the fries for $2 more. If you're buying just fries, you aren't VERY hungry. If you only buy the burger, and you're hungry, you won't get full.

But what if all I have in my pocket is $2, and I am only moderately hungry? Should I then go without any food and remain malnourished because I don't have enough money to buy an expensive value meal? I need options damn it!

Or even if I have $10 in my pocket and I am thirsty, should I be forced to buy a whole value meal just to get a drink?

MikeLove

SCRAPPER392

KennyPowers wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@KennyPowers

But what if all I have in my pocket is $2, and I am only moderately hungry? Should I then go without any food and remain malnourished because I don't have enough money to buy an expensive value meal? I need options damn it!

Or even if I have $10 in my pocket and I am thirsty, should I be forced to buy a whole value meal just to get a drink?

If you're only moderately hungry, then you aren't even close to being malnutritioned(aka: contradiction). If you only want to spend $2, then that's a PS Vita, not a PS4.

A drink would be $1, but represents an accessory.

I agree, options can be good. PS4 still doesn't have bundles for the camera or PS Vita in the U.S, though.

Qwest

MikeLove

SCAR392 wrote:

Some food for thought:
http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/20/5529874/ps4-playstation-came...

Some PS4 owners couldn't get the camera, even if they wanted it.

So your point is that Sony made more money selling 900,000 stand alone PS4 cameras rather than including them in a bundle at a lower profit margin?

Or is your point that the PS4 camera, which is already selling out on its own, should be sold in a bundle along side the PS4, because its not selling enough units on its own?

And only 15% of PS4 owners have bought one, meaning the market for such a device is quite small. So Sony made the right choice by selling it separately and not forcing it on consumers who didnt want it.

Edited on by MikeLove

MikeLove

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

Some food for thought:

So its an optional accessory, the Kinect should have also been optional from the start seeing as most games don't utilize the thing in any meaningful way which is why Microsoft have decided to sell Kinectless Xbox Ones.

Edit: I didn't know this till just recently but voice commands can be executed via a headset on PS4 (making the camera even less relevent) not sure about the Xbox One.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

MikeLove

SCAR392 wrote:

KennyPowers wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@KennyPowers

If you're only moderately hungry, then you aren't even close to being malnutritioned(aka: contradiction). If you only want to spend $2, then that's a PS Vita, not a PS4.

A drink would be $1, but represents an accessory.

I agree, options can be good. PS4 still doesn't have bundles for the camera or PS Vita in the U.S, though.

Why is the drink only an accessory? The fries are also an accessory, and the burger is the console. I would even classify a McWrap as an accessory as well, as that can be used to supplement a value meal depending on how hungry you are.

MikeLove

SCRAPPER392

@KennyPowers
I'm saying:
1. Sony can't supply enough, so sometimes the option is there for consumers
2. It's not selling as many, because it isn't bundled in any way
3. It's not selling as many, because they can't meet demand

Qwest

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

@KennyPowers
I'm saying:

Its not selling most likely because people don't really want cameras for their consoles.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

SCRAPPER392

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Some food for thought:

So its an optional accessory, the Kinect should have also been optional from the start seeing as most games don't utilize the thing in any meaningful way which is why Microsoft have decided to sell Kinectless Xbox Ones.

It's still better implemented than PS Camera, though. The entire OS can be controlled via the Kinect. Anyone who bought PS Camera paid $60, but didn't get as good of a camera, and it isn't as well implemented as the $100 Kinect.

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@KennyPowers
I'm saying:

Its not selling most likely because people don't really want cameras for their consoles.

You didn't even read what the article or I just said. The PS Eye isn't selling well, because Sony is falling short. They didn't supply enough for the camera to even be an option to consumers.

Why the hell would Sony do a half a$$ job at selling their product? Either they can't supply enough, or they won't supply enough. Both situations aren't very good.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

MikeLove

SCAR392 wrote:

@KennyPowers
I'm saying:

1. So if I am a PS4 owner and want the camera (that is sold out) I should have the option to repurchase another PS4 that includes the camera in a bundle?
2. It's not selling as many because the vast majority of PS4 owners don't want one. Including it in a bundle does not mean that the camera is popular, it means that people who want the PS4 are being forced to pay for something they don't want. Sony would likely sell less consoles if they forced it on people.
3. Its not selling as much because there are no big games that require it and it is a niche product.

MikeLove

MikeLove

SCAR392 wrote:

Why the hell would Sony do a half a$$ job at selling their product? Either they can't supply enough, or they won't supply enough. Both situations aren't very good.

They are selling consoles at a faster rate than any other has before.

I will be sure to forward your posts to their financial department so they can implement your advice on how to improve sales.

MikeLove

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@KennyPowers
I'm saying:

You didn't even read what the article or I just said. The PS Eye isn't selling well, because Sony is falling short. They didn't supply enough for the camera to even be an option to consumers.

I did read the article it said hard to find not in demand maybe you should read it again yourself.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

SCRAPPER392

KennyPowers wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@KennyPowers
I'm saying:

1. So if I am a PS4 owner and want the camera (that is sold out) I should have the option to repurchase another PS4 that includes the camera in a bundle?
2. It's not selling as many because the vast majority of PS4 owners don't want one. Including it in a bundle does not mean that the camera is popular, it means that people who want the PS4 are being forced to pay for something they don't want. Sony would likely sell less consoles if they forced it on people.
3. Its not selling as much because there are no big games that require it and it is a niche product.

1. No one is that stupid. I'm saying that maybe if PS4s had a camera/Move bundle, there would be more separate supply of said camers, because that would mean they were prepared to offer options in both ways.
2. It's not selling, because they can't meet demand, and any potential of selling one, because it is in a bundle, is now moot. Bundles improve chances of selling the peripheral.
3. Catch-22: Less games will use it, because less cameras are out there. It's a statistic. Being niche is subjective.

Qwest

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic