Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 1,421 to 1,440 of 1,806

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,421. Posted:

Heh Hey kids scew Quantum Break, have you heard about Halo.

Interesting tidbit from Phil Spencer but some of the other big wigs wanted to capitalize on the success of the cortanta voice app thingy and wanted Cortana to host the whole show hatume Miku style including jokes with the VA. Spencer thought it would be running the concept I'm the ground which would be true.

Have to say MS missed out. If I would have gotten a One first I would have been Microsoft everything. I guess there's still time for that to happen but the one would only be my exclusive/media box.

A price cut and E3 will decide which new console I get come fall. Will probably be a Wii U since Zelda U may launch before Halo 5.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

1,422. Posted:

Long story short, my brother bought me a 360. Any recommendations on a first game?

I don't have much money and the marketplace is charging $15-$20 on games that should be $5 or less.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

1,423. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Long story short, my brother bought me a 360. Any recommendations on a first game?

I don't have much money and the marketplace is charging $15-$20 on games that should be $5 or less.

Batman: Arkham Asylum. Transformers: War for Cybertron if you like Transformers. You might want to look into Prince of Persia (the reboot). It's a good platformer,with decent combat, and a good story with good dialogue (and acting) and character interaction. It's only $3 at GameStop, so it's a good budget game.

Currently playing: Samurai Warriors 4, Dust: An Elysian Trail, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and Super Smash Bros. (Wii U).

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,424. Posted:

Halo series
Gears
Trenched
Fake triology
Castle crasher
Dust an Elysian take
The rate gnashes
State of decay
Foods horizon

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,425. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

I would buy a game that I can play online. I know that's kind of vague, but I don't know how much money you have, or what games you like. I think all the Gears or Halo games are pretty cheap now.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

1,426. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Batman: Arkham Asylum. Transformers: War for Cybertron if you like Transformers. You might want to look into Prince of Persia (the reboot). It's a good platformer,with decent combat, and a good story with good dialogue (and acting) and character interaction. It's only $3 at GameStop, so it's a good budget game.

If the Prince of Persia you're talking about is the one with the prince in that orange and blue garb, I'll have to pass. My brother got that and it looked incredibly easy. There was no challenge or punishment as your partner character would pull you out of danger or save you from a fall. And the ending

was ridiculous because you had to undo what you did throughout the entire game to save your partner and even so, the game wasn't over and they had the gall to charge an extra $12 if you want the REAL ending.

Edited on by kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,427. Posted:

I liked the Blue and Orange prince of persia since its a very good looking game, but other than that don't buy. It has no challenge and you have to pay for the real ending.

Microsoft's rumored E3 Plans
Untitled

WAT!

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

1,428. Posted:

I went out to buy some 360 games today. In the end, I got Dante's Inferno, Battlefield 3, Fallout 3, and Ninja Gaiden II.

I'm a little upset because there were hardly any noteworthy or critically acclaimed games on the 360 that weren't rated M for mature or brown/gray that I could find for sale.

I guess that's just something I'll have to get used to coming off of the Wii, Wii U, DS, and 3DS.

Edited on by kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,429. Posted:

Kameo
Viva Pinata
Blue Dragon
Lost Odyessy
Banjo Nuts and Bolts
Gun Stringer
Zoo Tycoon
Happy Wars

Also Fable is rated M and isnt that bad content or gore wise.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,430. Posted:

If that was supposed to contradict what he said, you failed at it.

Though speaking of colorful games, Sunset Overdrive miiiiiight be a second game released this year that makes next gen look interesting (the first being Arkham Knight). It's like Jet Set Dead Rising. Which is good because I'm sick of focusing on FPS that partially waste their potential in order to pander.

edit: ok 3, I forgot about Project Spark. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if most other people have too.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,431. Posted:

He said he and a hard time looking for noteworthy games that weren't M or Black/Grey.

I decided too name a few. Nothing more nothing less.

@kkslider5552000

I'm looking forward to Sunset but I really want to see Quantum Break much more.

Spark is out for PC and One and has a pretty vibrant creation county.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,432. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

I'm looking forward to Sunset but I really want to see Quantum Break much more.

That game is borderline DOA for me, because it's a 3rd person cover shooter last I checked.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,433. Posted:

Made by makers of the first two Max Payne and Alan Wake games. Really story focused and the hook with the live action stuff and the time mechainc seems cool.

That alone make it my most anticpated game so Fae. Simply writing off a game because its third person seems in reasonable when there's more to games than just the gameplay.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,434. Posted:

Microsoft looks like they'll have a decent E3, based on this rumor. A new Battletoads would be pretty cool. I can imagine how it would be.

Meh. Still a rumor, but E3 will probably be pretty neat this year.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,435. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Made by makers of the first two Max Payne and Alan Wake games. Really story focused and the hook with the live action stuff and the time mechainc seems cool.

That alone make it my most anticpated game so Fae. Simply writing off a game because its third person seems in reasonable when there's more to games than just the gameplay.

to be fair, I don't care about those games.

And yes gameplay is a valid reason to be turned off by a game. It's a video game.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,436. Posted:

Depends on what aspect of gameplay and how we consider it a game. Alpha protccol has janky as hell gub gameplay, but it has an excellent story as well as very good emergant gameplay from the choice mechanic.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,437. Posted:

I guess but that screams "I'm ok with less quality!", especially with all the horror stories about Alpha Protocol I heard.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,438. Posted:

But than we get into the argument of what defines a game. I find it hard to describe say flower as a game but its one of my favorite experiences of last generation.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,439. Posted:

Except Alpha Protocol, was just terrible at points. Like just unintentionally poorly made to an insulting, disappointing degree. Meanwhile I can also play a story heavy game where I can enjoy all of it instead of just parts of it, so I don't know why I should care unless I specifically want the specific type of story elements in Alpha Protocol.

Like, I loved the story in Fragile Dreams, but I couldn't bring myself to say "you should buy this game at full price" no matter how much I appreciate it because I could recommend more fully excellent games instead. Is the point I'm trying to make.

It took 2 games of OMG BEST EVER praise from tons of people to convince me to get Mass Effect, and that was kind of an impulse buy I think.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,440. Posted:

I'd never reccomend Alpha protocol at full price unless your cool with the Jank. Its one of my favorite games of last Gen but its a steam sale or its on sale and used type of game.

Its funny how we lament the death of Middle tier when it sort of died for a reason.

WAT!