Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 11,902

SCRAPPER392

I'm surprised they actually cut the Kinect. I still don't think it will convince anyone. When they changed the DRM, anyone who complaied still wasn't satisfied.

Up until just recently, Sony was expecting to sell Drive Club's upgrade for if you had PS+, but you would still need to pay the subscription to keep your upgrade. That means you would have been paying for PS+, then like $50, but you would have had to keep your subscription. I didn't see any PS4 owners complaining, and that's exactly the type of thing people would complain about,

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/07/whats-included-driv...

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Ryno

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm surprised they actually cut the Kinect. I still don't think it will convince anyone. When they changed the DRM, anyone who complaied still wasn't satisfied.

Up until just recently, Sony was expecting to sell Drive Club's upgrade for if you had PS+, but you would still need to pay the subscription to keep your upgrade. That means you would have been paying for PS+, then like $50, but you would have had to keep your subscription. I didn't see any PS4 owners complaining, and that's exactly the type of thing people would complain about,

The majority of the users on the the sister site "Push Square" were complaining...

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

MikeLove

SCAR392 wrote:

Yes, please turn this into an anti-PS discussion.

It won't erase the fact that the $500 Xbox you bought a couple weeks ago will soon be $399!

MikeLove

SCRAPPER392

@Ryno
I see, well thanks for letting me know.

@KennyPowers
Ya, it will be $400 without the Kinect. I bought it with the Kinect. The Kinect is still worth $100, so ya, the Xbox One I bought will still be $500. Way to go... I'm not turning the discussion into anti-PS. All I'm saying is that people complain about Nintendo and Microsoft, but when Sony gets criticism, it's automatically a "hate" war against PS.

Qwest

Tasuki

Not surprised that they cut the Kinect from the Xbox One. They should have done it from day one.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

SCRAPPER392

Kodeen wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm aware of quite a few people who were willing to buy an X1 after they made that reversal, but weren't beforehand.

It's still anecdotal. I could say I'd buy PS4 if it came bundled with the camera, Move and a Vita for $600, but if I don't, then my word meant nothing.

What I'm saying is, that I won't believe anyone who says they will buy a Kinectless Xbox One, until they actually do. The same thing goes for Wii U. People complained that Wii U doesn't have very many games, but now it has more than PS4 and Xbox One and they still won't buy it.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

MikeLove

SCAR392 wrote:

Kodeen wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm aware of quite a few people who were willing to buy an X1 after they made that reversal, but weren't beforehand.

It's still anecdotal. I could say I'd buy PS4 if it came bundled with the camera, Move and a Vita for $600, but if I don't, then my word meant nothing.

What I'm saying is, that I won't believe anyone who says they will buy a Kinectless Xbox One, until they actually do. The same thing goes for Wii U. People complained that Wii U doesn't have very many games, but now it has more than PS4 and Xbox One and they still won't buy it.

I won't buy a new console until 2015, and before today if I had to choose, it would have been a PS4. After this news though, it's possible I will get an Xbox instead just because it doesn't come with the Kinect, something I have no use for and don't want to invest in.

MikeLove

SCRAPPER392

@WaveBoy
Well, I couldn't really give a crap less about people think of Nintendo. It hasn't stopped me from owning their console over any other since the N64 days.

@KennyPowers
Good for you, then. I didn't mind paying for Kinect. Notice how we have different opinions about a camera.

Qwest

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

I did tell you this would happen.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

SCRAPPER392

@Jazzer94
You're not Microsoft, though,

Sony will start selling PS4 consoles for $300 with PS Vita. Believe me? Didn't think so...

Qwest

Jazzer94

@SCAR392 Of cause I'm not an entire corporation doesn't change the fact that this was clearly going to happen within the first two years I'm just surprised they broke so early, but hey this makes the console more appealing to me and cheaper. About your second point in what world would Sony sell a PS4 and PS Vita bundled for $300 dollars when the PS4 is selling for £400 at a blistering pace ? even $550 would be a deal Scar you do say some funny things.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

shingi_70

@SCAR392

People complained everywhere so Sony changed the drive club pass rules to you can keep it once your pa+ lapses.

Nice moves on microsoft part and this is why having three good console makers duking it out rocks.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

MikeLove

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jazzer94

Sony will start selling PS4 consoles for $300 with PS Vita. Believe me? Didn't think so...

That's because that is a horrible and nonsensical idea. There is abosolutely no logical benefit to Sony by them doing that.

Removing the Kinect, something a lot of people have no use for, from the bundle and selling the Xbox on its own at a lower price is much more reasonable and will move more units.

MikeLove

SCRAPPER392

@shingi_70
Well, none of this s*** really affects my decision. Ultimately, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Rare's games, Halo, etc. Nintendo and Microsoft IPs get my vote. I couldn't care less whether PS Eye is optional, because Uncharted, Killzone, Infamous still aren't my cup of tea.

That's why I don't get how any of this matters. If you like Sony's games more, it doesn't matter that much, if at all, what Microsoft or Nintendo does. Vice versa.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

shingi_70

@SCAR392

No ever said it would, I just stated that Sony resolved the issue they had with consumers. You said that you didn't hear complaining but how would you know if you don't care for Sony in the first place.

You seem to be projecting your misguided Sony hate on others. I mean if there was anyone who liked microsoft it was me, I praticlly stanned them uber hard in this thread over the last year, and I would have paid $500 to play Halo and Fable.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

KennyPowers wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jazzer94

That's because that is a horrible and nonsensical idea. There is abosolutely no logical benefit to Sony by them doing that.

Removing the Kinect, something a lot of people have no use for, from the bundle and selling the Xbox on its own at a lower price is much more reasonable and will move more units.

What about a PS Eye/Move bundle for $450, a Vita bundle for $550, or all of it for $600? So now Xbox One has another SKU to choose from. Sony still doesn't have those options for consumers. The PS Vita/PS4 bundle is only in EU, IIRC.

Qwest

MikeLove

SCAR392 wrote:

That's why I don't get how any of this matters. If you like Sony's games more, it doesn't matter that much, if at all, what Microsoft or Nintendo does. Vice versa.

You don't get why Microsoft would try to win back 360 owners who were considering buying a PS4 because it was $100 less and didnt come with a peripheral they had no use for?

MikeLove

SCRAPPER392

shingi_70 wrote:

@SCAR392

No ever said it would, I just stated that Sony resolved the issue they had with consumers. You said that you didn't hear complaining but how would you know if you don't care for Sony in the first place.

You seem to be projecting your misguided Sony hate on others. I mean if there was anyone who liked microsoft it was me, I praticlly stanned them uber hard in this thread over the last year, and I would have paid $500 to play Halo and Fable.

Sony didn't cater to everyone. Only the select core fans. Like I said, Sony should have bundles, too. If Sony was really catering to consumers, there would be 4 SKUs:
1. PS4 only
2. PS4 w/ Move/PS Eye
3. PS4 w/ Move/PS Eye and PS Vita
4. PS4 w/ PS Vita

There isn't a bundle option. If you guys really think people don't understand what the GamePad is, then how do you expect them to understand what all these things that aren't even included in the box are? How are people supposed to know what the Move and PS Eye are, if there isn't an immediate connection as simple as an SKU that bundles them?

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

MikeLove

SCAR392 wrote:

KennyPowers wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jazzer94

What about a PS Eye/Move bundle for $450, a Vita bundle for $550, or all of it for $600? So now Xbox One has another SKU to choose from. Sony still doesn't have those options for consumers. The PS Vita/PS4 bundle is only in EU, IIRC.

Because if I want to buy a PS4 I can do that, and if I decide later to buy a Vita or a PS Eye, I can just go out and buy it on its own.

You are missing the point completely though. There is nobody refusing to buy either a PS4 or a Vita because they don't come together in a bundle. However, there are potentially millions of consumers who haven't bought an XBox yet because it came with something they didnt want included, the kinect. You can argue against this fact until you are blue in the face, but keep in mind, Microsoft agrees with me, hence why they are now selling the Xbox on its own. Microsoft wouldn't have done this unless they believed it was a smart financial decision.

It's like a value meal at McDonalds. Some people may want to get that, but other people may just feel like ordering fries or a burger on their own. That's why McDonalds lets you order everything on the menu separately, and don't force you to buy a value meal every time.

MikeLove

SCRAPPER392

@KennyPowers
Ok, but my point was that Sony still isn't offering a bundle of anything. How many people would buy a PS4 w/ Move and the PS Eye for $475?

At this point in time, 0, because it's not even a option. People are more likely to buy products if they are bundled, because they want the whole shibang.

Qwest

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic