Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 11,902

shingi_70

He said he and a hard time looking for noteworthy games that weren't M or Black/Grey.

I decided too name a few. Nothing more nothing less.

@kkslider5552000

I'm looking forward to Sunset but I really want to see Quantum Break much more.

Spark is out for PC and One and has a pretty vibrant creation county.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

shingi_70 wrote:

I'm looking forward to Sunset but I really want to see Quantum Break much more.

That game is borderline DOA for me, because it's a 3rd person cover shooter last I checked.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

Made by makers of the first two Max Payne and Alan Wake games. Really story focused and the hook with the live action stuff and the time mechainc seems cool.

That alone make it my most anticpated game so Fae. Simply writing off a game because its third person seems in reasonable when there's more to games than just the gameplay.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

SCRAPPER392

Microsoft looks like they'll have a decent E3, based on this rumor. A new Battletoads would be pretty cool. I can imagine how it would be.

Meh. Still a rumor, but E3 will probably be pretty neat this year.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

kkslider5552000

shingi_70 wrote:

Made by makers of the first two Max Payne and Alan Wake games. Really story focused and the hook with the live action stuff and the time mechainc seems cool.

That alone make it my most anticpated game so Fae. Simply writing off a game because its third person seems in reasonable when there's more to games than just the gameplay.

to be fair, I don't care about those games.

And yes gameplay is a valid reason to be turned off by a game. It's a video game.

shingi_70

Depends on what aspect of gameplay and how we consider it a game. Alpha protccol has janky as hell gub gameplay, but it has an excellent story as well as very good emergant gameplay from the choice mechanic.

WAT!

kkslider5552000

I guess but that screams "I'm ok with less quality!", especially with all the horror stories about Alpha Protocol I heard.

shingi_70

But than we get into the argument of what defines a game. I find it hard to describe say flower as a game but its one of my favorite experiences of last generation.

WAT!

kkslider5552000

Except Alpha Protocol, was just terrible at points. Like just unintentionally poorly made to an insulting, disappointing degree. Meanwhile I can also play a story heavy game where I can enjoy all of it instead of just parts of it, so I don't know why I should care unless I specifically want the specific type of story elements in Alpha Protocol.

Like, I loved the story in Fragile Dreams, but I couldn't bring myself to say "you should buy this game at full price" no matter how much I appreciate it because I could recommend more fully excellent games instead. Is the point I'm trying to make.

It took 2 games of OMG BEST EVER praise from tons of people to convince me to get Mass Effect, and that was kind of an impulse buy I think.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

shingi_70

I'd never reccomend Alpha protocol at full price unless your cool with the Jank. Its one of my favorite games of last Gen but its a steam sale or its on sale and used type of game.

Its funny how we lament the death of Middle tier when it sort of died for a reason.

WAT!

holchasaur

SCAR392 wrote:

Microsoft looks like they'll have a decent E3, based on this rumor. A new Battletoads would be pretty cool. I can imagine how it would be.

Because of the couple Easter eggs in Kinect Sports Rivals, I can definitely see the Battletoads rumor being legitimate. Man oh man, that announcement would make me one happy dude.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6881-1012 | Nintendo Network ID: DaveRandall | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

DRL wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Because of the couple Easter eggs in Kinect Sports Rivals, I can definitely see the Battletoads rumor being legitimate. Man oh man, that announcement would make me one happy dude.

I'll take your word for it, but I haven't seen any easter eggs. The only game I currently have is TitanFall, and I wasn't that happy with it, after a while. Right now I'm just waiting for Mario Kart 8, then I'll get my hands on Dead Rising 3. Nothing else really interests me, yet.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

shingi_70

@SCAR392

He means this
Untitled

You should try Ryse or some of the downloadable games. Super time force comes out next week.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

I'll be keeping an eye out. I read that Ryse was too short. Dead Rising 3 looks just as fun, if not more, and would last me longer, so I'm more inclined to buy that.

That definitely looks like a BattleToad thing, though. I could see it happening, but I won't be expecting it or anything.

Qwest

kkslider5552000

Ryse was mediocre at best launch day title from what EVERYONE EVER has said.

I should say that I can believe there are enough quality people at new Rare to make at least a decent downloadable Battletoads game at least. I just have no real reason to trust Microsoft with Rare with anything (i was too hurt the last time i trusted that ;__;), so I'm not gonna get my hopes up that Rare will do anything of interest to me beyond being a brand name.

SCRAPPER392

I thought Banjo Kazooie N&B on Xbox 360 was decent. It was a high 6 to mid 7 out of 10 for me. The graphics were pretty cool. I think it's a good thing they're using Rare to create Kinect Sports Rivals. It shows that they think Rare can create core content, and it might lead up to making a new game from another IP that Rare own.

I might be part of the minority, but I actually like Microsoft's IPs, and that includes Rare Ware.

Qwest

shingi_70

Microsoft is going to start selling a kinextless Xbox one for $399.

Also Gold is no longer needed for apps
Untitled

Xbox Games for Gold for the one starts in June with Halo Spatan Assult and Max.

Den megatons make me sorta wish I would have waited but I know I'm getting the one either this fall or next spring.

But man All I have to say is.

WAT!

MikeLove

Thank god the Kinect is out of the picture now. You could tell this day was coming the second the PS4 was launched at $399.

MikeLove

Ryno

Good job Microsoft. Now let's see the twins battle out on a level playing field over that matters, the games.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic