Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 11,903

shingi_70

I re-did the OP to have release dates and sales that are coming soon. Will work in it even more once I'm a computer.

Strider is launching on the Xbox One and 360 on the 19th of t...

The publishing of Halo related book series is moving from Tor...

The beta for Crytek's free to play shooter for the 360 Warfac...

On the Xbox Blog Microsoft announced they had two system updates planned to hit pretty soon. The first is coming g on Febuaury 11th and will have a host of features among them are

The ability to see and manage your storage space. With this update, you will find it easy to find how much space your content takes up and better manage your content. You can also control your install lineup and more easily manage your download queue. We’ve separated My Games and My Apps into separate lists, so you can easily create separate queues for both. Now you can pick the order in which you want your content to load and we’ve added a boot progress indicator so you can better track updates while they load.The battery power indicator is back! You can see it right on the home screen, so you can easily track how much battery life is left on your controller.And, you will be able to use your USB keyboardwith your Xbox One.

And a second one coming on March 4th

On March 4, in advance of what is expected to be the biggest game launch of the year, we will be delivering another system update to prepare your Xbox One for “Titanfall.”  This update will contain  many new features and improvements, most significantly to our party and multiplayer systems.  Available on March 11, “Titanfall” is a team-based online multiplayer game that showcases the power of Xbox Live, and we will be shipping a new party and multiplayer system that will help make “Titanfall” the must-have game for this generation. 

Untitled

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

Man I need to grab Asuras Wrath.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

Untitled

Sounds like Microsoft might start revealing their Japan launch details soonish. Will be funny IG Microsoft has more japan facing launch games than Sony. So far we know

Grounding Inc is working on Crimson Dragon DLC and it's been hinted by Yukio Futatsugi and Phil Spencer that Phantom Dust is in the works.

Platnuim is heavily rumored to be working on an XONE game.

Former Caves guys started a new studio named Mages and is working on Xbox One shoot em up.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

Titanfall bundle for the same $500.

Price cut in U.K. I see this as a good sign, because Nintendo did a similar thing with Wii U, back in November.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

RancidVomit86

Have to say I'm excited to see what Black Tusk does with GoW. Ready for E3.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

SCRAPPER392

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Have to say I'm excited to see what Black Tusk does with GoW. Ready for E3.

I agree. It will probably be during E-day. Sometime before the first game, kinda like Judgement, but I thought Judgement didn't really look that great. They were just putting that stuff out so fast, that I kind of lost interest.

Qwest

shingi_70

From Phil spencers twitter it sounds like the next gears if war will either be a reboot or after the main story.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

@shingi_70
I don't really see how they would continue after GoW 3. I think it will be a prequel like Judgment, except Marcus and Dom as the main characters, obviously. Or maybe that one guy from the GoW 3 DLC campaign.

Qwest

shingi_70

Its easy enough to tell other stories in the universe. Hell before the buyout Bulletstorm was in the same universe as GOW. There's even a chance that the next game is completely unrelated too the events of the ptvious titles.

You could have easily said the same thing about Halo after 3 ended.

After Judgment they won't be done be another prequel.

WAT!

RancidVomit86

Need more Carmine lol

Also is anyone playing World of Tanks? Cause if not you should.

Edited on by RancidVomit86

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

SCRAPPER392

True. I wasn't particularly interested in GoW or Halo after the 3rd and Reach, but who knows...?

It just seemed like more of the same, after that point. They just need to make another Banjo-Kazooie game, damn it. Microsoft could easily compete with Nintendo if they made a traditional platform adventure game like it was on N64, then make a kart racer with Kinect controls as an option.

Qwest

shingi_70

In fairness the same argumemtb could be leavyed agaisnt Nintendo's IP. Something like Halo has the advantges that it's story based and has a very strict timeline where all the media fits into cannon. There's even an ongoing comic and a new book set for later this year.

Than again zhalo I'd tied fit my favorite gaming franchise with Zelda.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

shingi_70 wrote:

In fairness the same argumemtb could be leavyed agaisnt Nintendo's IP.

Than again zhalo I'd tied fit my favorite gaming franchise with Zelda.

I'm not opposing that, at all. Everybody knows Nintendo releases alot of their IPs.

I only like Halo multiplayer. The story didn't really seem to fit the game, IMO. Everyone's being all philosophical, then they go shoot mofos.

Qwest

kkslider5552000

Well Halo 1 borderline turned into a future zombie story while Halo 2 was about a disgraced alien warrior trying to redeem himself IIRC, so that makes some sense to me.

The Arbiter stuff was legitimately kinda compelling, at least back in 2004 it was.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RancidVomit86

I personally love the Halo universe and the story to it. Was a Sci Fi epic in my opinion. So anything Halo I'm more than open to.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

CanisWolfred

RancidVomit86 wrote:

I personally love the Halo universe and the story to it. Was a Sci Fi epic in my opinion. So anything Halo I'm more than open to.

Agreed. Though maybe "epic" would be too grand a word, but I can't really figure out what else to call it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

I think I'd call it kinda epic in that it reminds me of those games that adapt a movie and then add 10+ hours of gameplay that are there because video game (like Spiderman 2, but without the subplots). By that I mean the cinematic stuff is a compelling movie but much of the game is fun shooting that feels a bit too distant from why the story works and mostly just exists for an ok video game story instead of the actual epic parts. Compare that to say, Mass Effect, where the story is constantly compelling through basically the entire series. But to be fair, I haven't played Halo since like 2009...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RancidVomit86

All I can say is that something about Halo clicks with me really well. It's a game that I would choose to play over almost anything out there and I was worried about this 343 thing happening but after Halo 4 all my doubts were gone and truly look forward to where they take it next.

Edited on by RancidVomit86

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic