Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,226 to 1,245 of 11,903

shingi_70

Max and the cursed brotherhood comes out tommorow. Microsoft doing that stealth release date like Nintendo.

The first xbox TV series will be a documenatry about the Atari ET Game.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Peach64

http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/xbox-one-january-thank-you

3 million units sold through to customers in 6 weeks is pretty damn impressive! Yet another massive reminder than the internet still doesn't reflect the popular opinion. All that hate and it's up there as one of the fastest selling consoles ever. Also proves how dumb it was to blame the Wii U's struggles on people not having the money to spend on tech, when every new iPad breaking sales records was already there to disprove that.

Peach64

CanisWolfred

Peach64 wrote:

Also proves how dumb it was to blame the Wii U's struggles on people not having the money to spend on tech, when every new iPad breaking sales records was already there to disprove that.

No, it just proves that the public was suffering from generation fatigue, with plenty of people waiting on a new generation, and a slightly beefed up PS3 with half the features and a cheap gimmick =/= a new generation in the eyes of the gaming public.

The iPad (and its sales) is still a terrible comparison to a focused gaming platform like the Wii U. But nice try there, you almost had a point. Almost.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

rallydefault

@CanisWolfred

Yea, he didn't really make much of a point, but why be so nasty? Also, you sound like you don't have an Xbox One, yet here you are in the thread entitled "Xbox One." I own one, and it's much more than a "slightly beefed up PS3 with half the features and a cheap gimmick." The new Kinect sensor is AMAZING, and the voice recognition is truly something to witness. It's downright gnarly when you really learn your way around the voice and gesture commands - you feel like you're IN a sci-fi movie, manipulating something that doesn't quite belong in this world just yet. It's awesome. I have a gaming PC, and the cinematics and overall graphics quality of Ryse made me pause more than once to ogle at how beautiful everything looked (and the game isn't half as bad as the undeserved criticism it's getting. It's a hack and slash. If you don't like those, don't buy it.) Oh, and Forza 5 is probably the best racing sim I've played in over a decade. Project Spark is one of the most different games I've seen since Little Big Planet, and Titanfall and the use of cloud technology (if the drivatars from Forza 5 are anything to judge by) are set to change the way we play games forever.

So, what about that isn't next-gen enough for you?

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

shingi_70

Joseph Stanten rejoined Microsoft Studios as a Senior Creative Director. Dude was responsible for most of the world building on Halo and Destiny and the current speculation is he's working on Halo TV and helping word build with other games.

Undead Labs guys behind state of Decay signed a multi year agreement with Microsoft for games.

http://undeadlabs.com/2014/01/news/the-road-ahead/
Phil Spencer teasing again retweetung an article about IP Microsoft should use again.

He also retweeted the opening of a old phantom dust fan site.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

SCRAPPER392

CanisWolfred wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

So, what about that isn't next-gen enough for you?

I was talking about the Wii U, actually.

It isn't a slightly beefed up PS3, though. Nintendo made sure it could handle the majority of upcoming games. Obviously, 3rd parties aren't supporting it as much as everyone would hope(I hope), but that doesn't mean that the capability isn't there.

Not to mention that people are being ripped off by Apple, so that shows how little people know, but we've already discussed that in multiple threads...

All the consoles are worthwhile in one way or another, and that varies from person to person, so come off it(not directed at anyone particular, FYI).

EDIT: In all honesty, it always sounds more like people want Nintendo to do poorly, but that ultimately isn't really a problem; just annoying. Don't get me started on Nintendo's finances and stuff...

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

kkslider5552000

Just because I don't care about the inevitable unnecessarily long discussion, I should point out I am asking this because I am honestly curious and not just as a way to bury Xbox...

what is their lineup beyond ports for the next...half a year? Confirmed stuff. I literally know nothing specific beyond Titanfall, and the things about it being in Alpha and it's on PC and 360 anyway...like are there some major things I'm missing? Because I've heard nothing else despite following Destructoid regularly and most of the important stuff seems to be 2nd half of the year...

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

D4 which will be an episodic series like the walking dead by Swery 65.

Super Time Force from Capybara games

Below from Capybara games

Kinect Sports Rivals

Fable Legends

Project Spark

Sunset Overdrive

Quantum Break

Halo 5

In addition to all of that you have the DLC for Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct and a few other games.

We also have a bit of inkling of a few other things in the work from Microsoft Studios and Phil Spencer the new head of Microsoft Studios since last years reorg is promising a lot this year.

He's teased on his Twitter account

A follow up to Phantom Dust
Crackdown
Bringing back more Rare Ip's since Killer Instinct has done well.
Bringing back more IP from the OG xbox.

There's also still a lot of unannounced stuff.

-Lift London one of the newer studios should be announcing their first game made in conjunction with Dalala Studios. From the art on their website and Christmas card it reminds me of a P&C adventure game which is fitting since it will be on mobile as well.

-A new Racing game for this year made by the Forza Horizon developers Playground games is all but confirmed at this point.

-Lionhead is working on a 2nd non fable game, but that probably next year.

-343 posted some concept art for Halo at the start of this year, but the art in question doesn't seem like its for the next mainline game, since it shows the infinity at a space port.

-Rare has some non kinect stuff in the oven according to Spencer.

-Press Play tweeted that they're finishing up voice work on their next game.

-LA studio has some TV stuff coming up starting with a Documentary on Atari ET, a street soccer reality series, and Halo.

Probably missing some other stuff but oh well

Still unsure which way to go a bit. PS4 is still my front runner due to support, but I really like Halo and Fable.

First world problems right?

WAT!

shingi_70

D4 which will be an episodic series like the walking dead by Swery 65.

Super Time Force from Capybara games

Below from Capybara games

Kinect Sports Rivals

Fable Legends

Project Spark

Sunset Overdrive

Quantum Break

Halo 5

In addition to all of that you have the DLC for Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct and a few other games.

We also have a bit of inkling of a few other things in the work from Microsoft Studios and Phil Spencer the new head of Microsoft Studios since last years reorg is promising a lot this year.

He's teased on his Twitter account

A follow up to Phantom Dust
Crackdown
Bringing back more Rare Ip's since Killer Instinct has done well.
Bringing back more IP from the OG xbox.

There's also still a lot of unannounced stuff.

-Lift London one of the newer studios should be announcing their first game made in conjunction with Dalala Studios. From the art on their website and Christmas card it reminds me of a P&C adventure game which is fitting since it will be on mobile as well.

-A new Racing game for this year made by the Forza Horizon developers Playground games is all but confirmed at this point.

-Lionhead is working on a 2nd non fable game, but that probably next year.

-343 posted some concept art for Halo at the start of this year, but the art in question doesn't seem like its for the next mainline game, since it shows the infinity at a space port.

-Rare has some non kinect stuff in the oven according to Spencer.

-Press Play tweeted that they're finishing up voice work on their next game.

-LA studio has some TV stuff coming up starting with a Documentary on Atari ET, a street soccer reality series, and Halo.

Probably missing some other stuff but oh well

Still unsure which way to go a bit. PS4 is still my front runner due to support, but I really like Halo and Fable.

First world problems right?

WAT!

kkslider5552000

none of that answered my question on what Xbox One is doing in the first half of this year and I'm pretty sure much of that isn't coming out in the first half of this year.

shingi_70

D4 episode 1 should be launching next month and that's episodic.

Plants Vs Zombies Gardan Warfare is next Month.

Project Spark should be launching in the next fee months.

Kinect Sports Rivals is in March.

Killer Instinct DLC. Spinal is this month with Fulgore and the Story Mode coming in March.

Dead Rising 3 DLC which I'm guessing one per month.

WAT!

kkslider5552000

Oh ok. So there's something at least.

Garden Warfare looks really fun for the record.

shingi_70

I'm a bit more worried about the PS4, since there is nothing with a solid release date other than Infamous.

But all three consoles looks pretty barren for the next few months. So its just as good as time ad any top catch up on some old games.

WAT!

Peach64

They're both selling way better than I expected. 3.9 million Xbones sold in 5 weeks (360 s old 1.5 in its first 5 weeks). Maybe crossgen games won't hang around as long as many people anticipated,

Peach64

kkslider5552000

Peach64 wrote:

They're both selling way better than I expected. 3.9 million Xbones sold in 5 weeks (360 s old 1.5 in its first 5 weeks). Maybe crossgen games won't hang around as long as many people anticipated,

I dunno, Wii U despite abysmal marketing sold 3 million fairly quickly when it arguably had no right to and most consoles have slowed down to a halt after the launch. Most aren't gonna care too much about the new consoles until next holiday season imo. I know I'm not, I'm mostly interested in the remaining 360 stuff right now (Soul Suspect )

Edited on by kkslider5552000

shingi_70

Microsoft announced they bought the gears of War franchise from epic. Black Tusk is taking over development as well.

Sounds like Black Tusk is a Multi team developer as well. In an interview with Major Nelson the guy at Black Tusk didn't want to say what the studio was working on other than gears. The studio who shared space got shut down and it was said that Black Tusk had scooped up most of those people.

Seems like Epic is getting out of the development game other than iOS.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic