Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 11,914

SCRAPPER392

@shingi_70
No one was really naysaying the other systems, though. The only thing I was questioning when it came to the PS4 was whether Sony would be able to support it financially. The whole Dreamcast "death" scenario that people were claiming would happen to the Wii U is actually alot more relevant to Sony's business, so it doesn't make sense from that point of view.

The main argument was that Wii U was horrible, even without any current details about any other system that have now become available. People were naysaying Wii U before any of the other systems, so I don't exactly see how a similar occurrence wouldn't be warrant a year later for other systems.

In the end, we're still better off waiting and seeing what happens in the long run. No one ever claimed success for the Wii U, yet people did for Xbox One and PS4. It's all about perspective. From alot of peoples' perspectives, the other systems wereas likely to be as "doomed" based on other perspectives as well.

It's a catch-22, because the Wii U would be better off right now if people had bought it instead of questioning it(which isn't expected), but since they doubted it, their opinion leaned more towards another system. There's no hard feeling here, because I personally never doubted Xbox One or PS4 to the point of commercial failure, even though Wii U is my choice system.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

@CountWavula

Sony
Knack
Sound Shapes
Flower
Escape Plan
Rime
Everybody goes to the rapture
Helldivers
Resogun

Microsoft
Crimson Dragon
Zoo Tycoon
Kinect Sports Rivals
Lococycle
Max and the cursed brotherhood
Below
D4
Project Spark

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CanisWolfred

CountWavula wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Waveboy - Sucks to be you, I guess. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be over here, enjoying all the fun and creative games I'm not turning a complete and utter blind eye towards.

Yeah it must suck to be me, missing out on 2 superficial consoles that are whipping out the same old sh** all over again with a typical next gen face lift. how exciting. how long have you been gaming for? I guess it hasn't hit the stale point for you yet. And please point me in the direction of the creative PS4 & one games, because I'm just not seeing it. Video games these days outside of nintendo for the most part are so bloody overrated it's sickening.

What you just described is nothing more than "Being Jaded". That's nothing to be proud of.

And I don't even need to point to PS4/XO games. The PS3 and 360 had more than enough of those, contrary to popular belief, and there will always be plenty on the PC. The problem is you look for big changes, something of which has always been rare, even in those "glory days" you always go on about. Game makers have always been taking the ideas that came before it and giving a new spin to things, that's never changed, yet you seem to think it's a recent trend. (I would be more than happy to list a bunch if you're actually interested, but I have no intention of just throwing them into empty space)

And what's infuriating is that you don't put in the honest effort to find games that would appeal to you - you couldn't of, unless your tastes truly do defy statistics - yet you complain that there's nothing out there. If you want something, you gotta go out and find it. You're on the internet, just go through lists of games, keep a close eye on gaming news outside this site, try looking on more obscure sites if you have to. Surely you'll find some stuff you'll like. It's time consuming, yes, but it's more than worth it.

And the key is actually keeping an open mind, you know? There's no point in being cynical, because all cynicism does is form self-fulfilling prophecies.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

Honestly, I'd probably scrounge up some cash'ola if Rare made a traditional Banjo-Kazooie.

The only games I would want from Xbox One are:
Banjo-Kazooie
Maybe Halo and Gears of War
Lost Odyssey II or something
Xbox One Paint(like Art Academy)aka: Microsoft Panit for Xbox One, except better

Also, I'd want Xbox One to run Windows Store stuff and be able to run PC programs if I really want it to. Lastly, Xbox 360 BC. They already saud it was possible after saying it was impossible, so...

If Microsoft can caputure the way I remember Windows '95(modernized, obviously), I'd probably do whatever I could to get one, but that's not the case this far.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

MAB

@Wavesta All I know is that the cash I save not buying a PSBOX41 will be better used on more important things like food, alcohol and WiiU... Maybe some 3DS but that's not looking too good either.

Untitled

MAB

rallydefault

The truth of the matter, as always, lies somewhere in the middle. Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo are ALL guilty of rehashing franchises one too many times. And there ARE indeed some spectacular games on PS3/360 that Nintendo-only people missed out on last generation. Heck, there are some awesome PC exclusives that ALL console people have been missing out on for the past 30ish years!

As per this individual topic, I got to play the Xbox One at my friend's house the other night. It is remarkably similar to the 360 in terms of its UI and functions, with the addition of the ability to internally record, edit, and post game footage. The Kinect is improved, though the voice recognition success percentage was about 50/50, even when using the correct commands. If the game recording/social media/TV stuff is a must-have for you, then by all means, get out there and buy an Xbox One! You'll love it! If you want a new gaming machine and don't really care about the TV/recording stuff, you're going to have a 500-dollar doorstop for the next few months until some better games come out for it.

rallydefault

banacheck

I'm surprised no ones made a thread about the XboxOne failure rates,

banacheck

MAB

banacheck wrote:

I'm surprised no ones made a thread about the XboxOne failure rates,

Nobody is following the XBone enough to really care what it is doing... It got no friends

Untitled

MAB

MAB

MadAussieVader lives to drain the life force of beer, destroy meat pies, dodge hard work and maximize leisure... WE WILL DO IT TOMORROW... MAYBE THE DAY AFTER... I MIGHT GET AROUND TO THAT NEXT WEEK... NAH SCREW IT

Untitled

MAB

rallydefault

Hey guys! Just got back from a harrowing trip to Walmart - I got an Xbox One! The store received about 35 of them and were giving out wrist bands to those lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time before their "Black Friday (Thursday)" stuff started at 6PM.

Anyways, I just wanted to post my impressions of the UI in case anyone is interested. This is coming from the perspective of someone who mostly considers himself a PC gamer, but also owns a Wii U.

The UI is pretty cool, and the Kinect makes navigation really fun. I haven't had much trouble with the voice commands at all - I would say at least a 90% success rate. The trick, as one of my friends with the console told me, is to actually NOT speak to it in a robotic tone, but to just try and be casual (which is weird when speaking to a hunk of plastic, I know) ... but it's really worked for me! Saying, "Xbox, go to settings" instantly takes you there, negating the many complaints you may see that people find it hard to locate certain menus or folders by using just the controller. Most of the time, you can just say, "Xbox, go to ____________," and you'll be there in a snap! Switching between games, other apps, and TV is nearly instantaneous - it's a marvel to see, really. Very nice.

The Kinect camera, on the hand, I am having some problems with. I tried to play the free Kinect Sports title, but no matter how hard I try, it just seems like my tiny apartment is not providing the ideal space requirement the Kinect needs for visuals with this game. I'm going to play around with it more tomorrow and see if I can figure something out.

So far, I'm happy with my purchase. I bought it for the same reason I bought the Wii U: it offers something different that isn't being done on other systems. PS4 is mostly for games, and I respect that, but the Xbox One's Kinect and TV capabilities are what sets it apart and will hopefully provide different experiences in the future.

rallydefault

shingi_70

@rallydefault

Nice Dude i'm looking forward to your impression of games and the overall feeling of stuff.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

rallydefault

Day 2: Ryse (LONG read for those interested - if not, this is not the post for you!)

I picked up Ryse even though the reviews haven't been super great - I wanted something first-party that could give me a good idea of what the machine could do, even if only at launch. I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised with everything about the game. The graphics are absolutely spectacular - like, really REALLY good. And this is coming from a PC gamer. It's not like I haven't seen graphics of this caliber before, but it is weird seeing them on the big screen rather than a smaller computer monitor. Water effects, lighting effects, textures ... it's all a bit exciting to see rendered in such detail on a big HDTV. By no means do I buy games for graphics, but boy, this game is pretty.

The gameplay is, like reviews have mentioned, pretty basic, but there are little nuances and attention to combos that many reviews fail to mention. I sat down and played it for a good three or so hours straight and wasn't really feeling fatigued. The cut scenes are spectacular (the faces and facial expressions look amazing), and there are some collectibles thrown in there, including the possibility to assemble a comic book of sorts - pretty cool. Timing and knowing your enemy types is everything about this game. It reminds me of God of War simplified. You can also choose "stances" to go into that give you different effects when you execute enemies, and you can change these stances with the d-pad even in mid-animation. It adds another layer of button control and awareness. I like it!

One big part of the game most reviews haven't mentioned is the gladiator mode. I only dabbled in it a bit, but it actually has quite a bit to offer. It has its own "level up" system embedded in the form of leveled items (almost like you're playing an MMO) that you can equip, and different challenges pop up for you to tackle on your own or with a friend. You need to be pretty good at the combat, though, especially if you try to do it on your own. I'm not quite at that level yet. The different maps are creative, and I've already fallen into that "just one more" feeling to make my gladiator a little better with every go.

Some people have been pointing out the "pay to win" aspects of the game. Yes, you do have the option to spend real money to buy everything from costumes for gladiator mode to skill ups that affect your character in all modes of the game. However, I can tell you with absolute honesty that none of this real money stuff is thrown in your face, and unless you see a multiplayer skin you REALLY want, none of it is necessary in the least. The skill up points are extremely easy to earn through in-game XP without feeling "grindy" at all. Heck, I already have a couple branches of the skill tree nearly leveled all the way up without spending a cent of real money, and I'm probably only a third of the way through the game. In short, it's not the menace that I see some blogs and "news" sites making it out to be.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

banacheck

since most of the new IPs for Sony are indie games

Sony has all there first parties working on PS4 titles a lot of them haven't even been announced yet, Sony also has more first party games coming in the first year than Microsoft.

banacheck

banacheck

rallydefault wrote:

Hey guys! Just got back from a harrowing trip to Walmart - I got an Xbox One! The store received about 35 of them and were giving out wrist bands to those lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time before their "Black Friday (Thursday)" stuff started at 6PM.

Anyways, I just wanted to post my impressions of the UI in case anyone is interested. This is coming from the perspective of someone who mostly considers himself a PC gamer, but also owns a Wii U.

The UI is pretty cool, and the Kinect makes navigation really fun. I haven't had much trouble with the voice commands at all - I would say at least a 90% success rate. The trick, as one of my friends with the console told me, is to actually NOT speak to it in a robotic tone, but to just try and be casual (which is weird when speaking to a hunk of plastic, I know) ... but it's really worked for me! Saying, "Xbox, go to settings" instantly takes you there, negating the many complaints you may see that people find it hard to locate certain menus or folders by using just the controller. Most of the time, you can just say, "Xbox, go to ____________," and you'll be there in a snap! Switching between games, other apps, and TV is nearly instantaneous - it's a marvel to see, really. Very nice.

The Kinect camera, on the hand, I am having some problems with. I tried to play the free Kinect Sports title, but no matter how hard I try, it just seems like my tiny apartment is not providing the ideal space requirement the Kinect needs for visuals with this game. I'm going to play around with it more tomorrow and see if I can figure something out.

So far, I'm happy with my purchase. I bought it for the same reason I bought the Wii U: it offers something different that isn't being done on other systems. PS4 is mostly for games, and I respect that, but the Xbox One's Kinect and TV capabilities are what sets it apart and will hopefully provide different experiences in the future.

Good post glad you managed to get a console for launch and enjoying it,

banacheck

shingi_70

banacheck wrote:

since most of the new IPs for Sony are indie games

Sony has all there first parties working on PS4 titles a lot of them haven't even been announced yet, Sony also has more first party games coming in the first year than Microsoft.

Well we don't know everything Microsoft is putting for next year as well. But there will be great games on all sides. So far Microsoft Studios consist of and what they're working on.

Untitled

Its even more interesting that from interviews and what not Microsoft is planning to support their games a lot post release. Im guessing Internally Microsoft looked at how they can make gaming more like Movie and TV in delivery method.

WAT!

rallydefault

I'm actually VERY interested in how Sunset Overdrive plays out. And the new Fable game? Yes please. Lionhead posted an Xbox One video "in-console" in the Upload Studio yesterday that was pretty cool. Apparently some sort of question and answer event is going to take place by recording your questions over your Xbox One and tagging it a certain way.

rallydefault

shingi_70

Cool anyway to see the video outside of Xbox one.

WAT!

shingi_70

An alleged shot of a Xbox one in Dev kit mode.
Untitled

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic