Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 11,903

holchasaur

If you guys want to catch up on all of the Xbox One news from Gamescom, don't forget about Nintendo Life's sister site, Pure Xbox

We've really been posting away over there today!

Edited on by holchasaur

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6881-1012 | Nintendo Network ID: DaveRandall | Twitter:

banacheck

What do you make of Steve Ballmer leaving Microsoft?

banacheck

shingi_70

Mixed. Ballmer was a money maker but at the same time felt like someone who lacked innovative quallites. Its also rumored that he was the big push behind always online.

Microsoft is having audtions to be apaprt of the Xbox One upload community .
http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/uploadoutreach

Going to send in submission about one of the Fable Games. so wish me luck.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

the_shpydar

I always liked Balmer, but he certainly made some mistakes along the road.

The real winners right now are MS stockholders, as shares jumped 8% after the announcement that he was leaving.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

shingi_70

the_shpydar wrote:

I always liked Balmer, but he certainly made some mistakes along the road.

The real winners right now are MS stockholders, as shares jumped 8% after the announcement that he was leaving.

Its weird people hate him when he makes the company alot of money. Even with his misteps like Vista or 8 (I personally like eight) are profitable. The only real mistep I would say he has had has been

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

Some new shots of the Xbox One UI from Gamescom.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

What the Forza 5 UI looks like.
Untitled

Metro metro everywhere.

A video of the upload studio.
Untitled

I'm calling it were going to get the release date next month and the full OS show off in October.

WAT!

Supermarioman

I've got to say Xbox One has indeed come a long way from that first May announcement that felt absolutely terrible, and some of the E3 conference as well ($499.99 and no addressing the issues that certainly made Sony's conference seem much more impressive in comparison despite the fact Microsoft announced more in the long run). The announcement of a number of major exclusives and the reversal of the biggest problems with the system itself have certainly made me much more willing to look into it and perhaps invest into the console.

But the problem is that I'm also a big Nintendo fan who has been looking at these late year titles with bright eyes in anticipation of what is coming out soon. I'm already getting a PS4 because well mainly Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog exist and Sony did such a good job with PS3 exclusives that I'm hoping that they can replicate that success with PS4. I've already got my PS4 situation figured out financially so that I can start off with a couple of games and plus. That leaves me with some more money I have to spend on my hobbies. To be honest my Wii U hasn't exactly gotten a lot of attention over the past few months and I've yet to buy a non-launch game for the system. Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, DKC:TF, and Super Mario 3D World all look like great titles I could buy alongside finishing off last generations games that I've wanted. OR I can purchase an Xbox One with only some interest in the launch titles like Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, and COD: Ghosts (Just because a close friend of mine is investing in the Xbox One and he lives across the country and this was what he planned to buy his console with).

I figured here I could get the most varied responses since it is you know a Nintendo website with a lively Other Gaming crowd. The Xbox One is something I want eventually of course, but with that friend of mine getting it early on plus just the general interest in owning all 3 major consoles early on I would like to be an early adopter of the console (Titanfall certainly sweetens the deal significantly), but on the other hand I'm very interested in what the Wii U and last gen still have to offer. I'm more of looking for just general comments on this than I am than a definitive do this or that.

Supermarioman

Snagrio

Sony_70 wrote:

Some new shots of the Xbox One UI from Gamescom.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

What the Forza 5 UI looks like.
Untitled

Metro metro everywhere.

A video of the upload studio.
Untitled

I'm calling it were going to get the release date next month and the full OS show off in October.

Looks more like a Blueray player then a game console...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

shingi_70

what does a gaming console look like. It looks like a more refined version of the Xbox 360 UI and falls in line with microsofts other products.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

A list of exclusives for next year.
Kinect Sports Rivals
Below
Quantum Break
D4
Titanfall
Sunset Overdrive
Fantasia
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
Project Spark
Cobalt

Porbably missed some stuff as well.

WAT!

moomoo

@WingedFish Well, considering that it's as much a Blu-ray player as a game console, I think that's okay. Microsoft has just as much a focus on multimedia as games when it comes to their systems.
At the very least, it's a clean UI, and with Kinect I can see it working.

Also, Titanfall looks amazing.

If there's one exclusive that will pull people into a system, this is it. And before you say "but it's also on PC," consider the fact that building a gaming PC costs more money than the XBOX One and actually takes time to do. And before you say "but it's also on 360," well, I doubt it will run as well. This will sell systems, even if you think it's for stupid reasons.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

thatguyEZ

moomoo wrote:

@WingedFish Well, considering that it's as much a Blu-ray player as a game console, I think that's okay. Microsoft has just as much a focus on multimedia as games when it comes to their systems.
At the very least, it's a clean UI, and with Kinect I can see it working.

Also, Titanfall looks amazing.

If there's one exclusive that will pull people into a system, this is it. And before you say "but it's also on PC," consider the fact that building a gaming PC costs more money than the XBOX One and actually takes time to do. And before you say "but it's also on 360," well, I doubt it will run as well. This will sell systems, even if you think it's for stupid reasons.

Titanfall really just looks like a futuristic COD honestly, with big mech robots. lol in my opinion at least. If I ever end up playing it it'll be on PC. Hardly a system seller. Ryse looks awesome though I would love to play it one day, though I probably never will. I'm a huge history buff and especially love Roman history so that game is right up my alley. The UI looks okay though, not the best thing I've ever scene but still not the worst. I really do like Windows 8 and since that is the exact same thing I could potentially see it working.

Edited on by thatguyEZ

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter:

shingi_70

I'd say that's a big system seller for a ton of people. Halo was a system seller and I know there were a few people at the time who probably said it was golden eye with robot dudes, or doom without online.

WAT!

moomoo

@thatguyEZ Call of Gundam
For what it's worth, the people who think the game looks like many other FPS games on the market probably aren't the people who play lots of FPS games. Which means Titanfall isn't aimed at them.
I'm excited for it because of its verticality combined with its speed. There's a huge emphasis on getting up, be it the tall buildings or the jumping mechanics. Plus, with giant mechs on the ground, it can be hard to survive unless if you get up. Very few competitive FPS games focus so much on height. Yes, there's Tribes, but this seems to be like if you combined the height of Tribes, the speed of Call of Duty, the tactical nuances of Battlefield, and giant mechs all together.
That, and pretty much everyone who has played it seems to adore it. That kind of giddy adoration rubs off on you.

As for Ryse, it seems to have gotten better than when it was first shown during E3. The combat mechanics seem to be coming through. I hope it lives up to its potential.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Jaz007

Sony_70 wrote:

I'd say that's a big system seller for a ton of people. Halo was a system seller and I know there were a few people at the time who probably said it was golden eye with robot dudes, or doom without online.

Except I see it being on 360 hurting it's potential to be a system seller. It also means it's not a true next gen game.

Jaz007

shingi_70

Jaz007 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Except I see it being on 360 hurting it's potential to be a system seller. It also means it's not a true next gen game.

Its a true next gen game. The 360 version is a port not even being handled by respawn. Its a source engine game meaning regardless of the power it uses it should scale to nearly everything.

WAT!

shingi_70

IGN has been been having question answered by Microsoft every monday and here's the best or most important stuff.

Q: What happens day one when I buy the system? I bring it home, plug it into my TV and outlet then what? I realize there is going to be a setup for my TV, my language, etc. Can I just bring my profile over on a flash drive? Do I have to recover my profile over Xbox Live?

MARC WHITTEN, CHIEF XBOX ONE PLATFORM ARCHITECT: There is a quick setup to get your system connected and up-to-date. After that, getting your profile is as simple as entering your account’s email address and password.

Will I be able to get pre-order bonuses and special edition versions on digitally downloaded games?

WHITTEN: Yes! You’ll see more details here in the future.

Is there cross-console Party Chat? i.e. since it’s all “Xbox Live,” can people on Xbox 360s Party Chat with their friends on Xbox One?
WHITTEN: For a variety of technical reasons – including the sound quality that I talk about below – we don’t support voice chat between the two systems. You will still be able to send and receive text messages to friends on both systems, however.

OK, so we can't chat across systems. But can I at least see what my friends are doing on either console?
WHITTEN: Yes – you see your friends on both systems, including their rich presence. My friends that are still on Xbox 360, for example, might see that I’m on Xbox One, playing Ryse. Since I can have more than 100 friends on Xbox One, if I go back to Xbox 360 and I have more than 100 friends, it will only show me the subset of my friends who are friends with me on Xbox 360.

Are Xbox 360 Avatars transferring over? If so will any changes be made to them?
MARC WHITTEN, CHIEF XBOX ONE PLATFORM ARCHITECT: They are – your avatar will be on the system at launch and in fact, you’ll have some new options, including the ability to do full-body HD gamerpics. By the way, we should actually talk more about gamerpics too. We’ve moved from the 64x64 gamerpics on Xbox 360 to a full 1080p. They are beautiful, and you are going to see some really cool hero moments, like when you login to see personalized views of your games and other content.

Now with gifs of the game.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

kkslider5552000

I hate that those games look fun. I like good games being successful.

But I also hate that even with no knowledge of what it is, I know that Waverace-like footage is too good to be a full, controller controlled racing game.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I hate that those games look fun. I like good games being successful.

But I also hate that even with no knowledge of what it is, I know that Waverace-like footage is too good to be a full, controller controlled racing game.

You are the controller

Its sad that Rare still has it techincally speaking but their working on Kinect Sports Rivals. The game is getting good buzz from Gamescom and Rare know know Kinect like no other but I hope its not their only project.

I am Happy that Microsoft/Rare are starting to farm out Older IP's like Killer Instinct instead of having a Rare who has no experience with certain genres make it.

On that note I'm suprised shadowrun returns isn't coming to Xbox One or 360.

Also Moar Gifs
Untitled
Untitled
[img]http://i.minus.com/iZ1XVAaln9ruY.gifp/img]

WAT!

shingi_70

Day one content for the Xbox One announced.

To commemorate the launch of Xbox One, Day One Editions are special game SKUs that include exclusive content and are available only through retail pre-order while supplies last, or via download on Xbox Live the first two weeks after launch.

Content is for first print of the launch games for retail, and the first two weeks for digital buyers.
Untitled

“Forza Motorsport 5” Day One Car Pack

This three-car pack features amazing cars from Lamborghini, Audi, and Ford; each with a Day One-themed livery and custom tuning package created by the experts at Turn 10:

2010 Audi TT RS Coupe: Stuffed stem to stern with modern tech, the TT RS is the first TT model to carry Audi’s famed RS badge – a distinction that’s earned on the track from the moment you step on the gas.

2013 Ford Focus ST: Debuting with the same 247-hp 2.0-liter turbocharged EcoBoost engine from the much larger Ford Explorer SUV, the new Ford Focus ST packs a serious punch.

2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera: Like great sculpture, the Superleggera’s chiseled form is carefully considered for maximum impact. That’s where the similarities end, however, because this work of art is best appreciated when it’s moving at top speed.

Untitled

To commemorate the launch of Xbox One, Day One Editions are special game SKUs that include exclusive content and are available only through retail pre-order while supplies last, or via download on Xbox Live the first two weeks after launch.

This three-car pack features amazing cars from Lamborghini, Audi, and Ford; each with a Day One-themed livery and custom tuning package created by the experts at Turn 10:

2010 Audi TT RS Coupe: Stuffed stem to stern with modern tech, the TT RS is the first TT model to carry Audi’s famed RS badge – a distinction that’s earned on the track from the moment you step on the gas.

2013 Ford Focus ST: Debuting with the same 247-hp 2.0-liter turbocharged EcoBoost engine from the much larger Ford Explorer SUV, the new Ford Focus ST packs a serious punch.

2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera: Like great sculpture, the Superleggera’s chiseled form is carefully considered for maximum impact. That’s where the similarities end, however, because this work of art is best appreciated when it’s moving at top speed.

“Dead Rising 3” Day One Edition

“Dead Rising” Tribute Pack featuring exclusive game content and bonus attribute perks.

Classic Frank West outfit with Frank’s Zombie Slugger weapon, extra gory attacks and a custom skill move. Also includes attribute perks for increased melee damage and tougher survivors.

Official Chuck Greene outfit with Paddle Saw combo weapon that cuts through zombie hordes with increased damage and durability. Also includes attribute perks for vehicle and weapon durability.

Untitled
Untitled

“Dead Rising 3” Day One Edition

“Dead Rising” Tribute Pack featuring exclusive game content and bonus attribute perks.

Classic Frank West outfit with Frank’s Zombie Slugger weapon, extra gory attacks and a custom skill move. Also includes attribute perks for increased melee damage and tougher survivors.

Official Chuck Greene outfit with Paddle Saw combo weapon that cuts through zombie hordes with increased damage and durability. Also includes attribute perks for vehicle and weapon durability.

“Ryse: Son of Rome” Day One Edition Exclusive Gladiator Mode Unlockables

The Day One Edition of "Ryse: Son of Rome" will give players access to an exclusive Gladiator Mode Co-Op Multiplayer Map and an exclusive Sword add-on. Owners of the Day One Edition will be able to invite friends who own the Standard Edition to join them on the exclusive map.

Legionnaire’s Trust Exclusive Sword: From the Brotherhood of Metalworkers high in the Swiss Alps comes this well-crafted, finely hammered blade that includes bonus in-game attributes.

Ruins: Placing gladiators among the columns of an abandoned temple, Ruins will pit players against hordes of Barbarians, attacking from around every corner. The arena changes dynamically during gameplay, adding new obstacles and objectives for the player to encounter and overcome.

Untitled

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic