Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 11,903

Snagrio

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Oh, look at this! I still don't care about a new Xbox in the slightest!

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

The_Fox

Well, that's one less thing for people to whine about online so it has to be good news.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

SCRAPPER392

I like Xbox One.

• ducks *
  • dodges bullets *

lol

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

19Robb92

Knux wrote:

Wow.. The console is HUGE, yet the power-brick isn't even built in? That's pretty funny.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Gamer83

If the Kinect doesn't have to be hooked up that's another reason to want the Xbox One and it gives me hope that a Kinect-free bundle will be released by sometime next summer so I don't have to wait until late 2014 to buy the system.

Gamer83

shingi_70

Gamer83 wrote:

If the Kinect doesn't have to be hooked up that's another reason to want the Xbox One and it gives me hope that a Kinect-free bundle will be released by sometime next summer so I don't have to wait until late 2014 to buy the system.

Kinect Free bundle won;t be for another three years. Microsoft wants to get kinect to get as mch developer and consumer traction it can which is why its included.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Gamer83

Sony_70 wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Kinect Free bundle won;t be for another three years. Microsoft wants to get kinect to get as mch developer and consumer traction it can which is why its included.

You may be right, but the way MS is back tracking on a lot of things I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Kinect free bundle by next summer. If not, I'll just wait until next holiday season to get the console.

Gamer83

SCRAPPER392

I think it's a good idea they're pushing the Kinect this way. It will be better for the platform in the long run.
It wouldn't make sense to make it mandatory, then not.

Qwest

shingi_70

Gamer83 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

You may be right, but the way MS is back tracking on a lot of things I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Kinect free bundle by next summer. If not, I'll just wait until next holiday season to get the console.

theire not backtracking on Kinect being included, they plan to backtrack on it being mandatory in light of all the prism and nsa stuff that has leaked as of late.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Snagrio

Considering how seemingly easy it was to take away all the DRM, mandatory Kinect, and other such negative features, who's to say MS won't add them back later? I'm not saying they will, but I wouldn't be at all surprised it happened regardless.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Slayer

Kinect was always useful. I think people use it most for the mic feature. But this attracts gamers that play exercise games and it also gets some Nintendo Wii exercise gamers into Microsoft's gaming.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

moomoo

WingedFish wrote:

Considering how seemingly easy it was to take away all the DRM, mandatory Kinect, and other such negative features, who's to say MS won't add them back later? I'm not saying they will, but I wouldn't be at all surprised it happened regardless.

If they added those features back, they'd loose all trust with the video game community and wouldn't be able to sell their products to a large group of people anymore. That would mean they're not making money. I doubt Microsoft would want to be in that position.

In regards to the mandatory Kinect stuff, I'm with @SCAR392 on this one. By making it so that every owner of an XBOX One has it, developers can integrate Kinect into their games in a meaningful way because they don't have to worry about how few people have it. That's basically why Move didn't take off, and why Kinect was very limited in its game selection and implementation.
Now, I don't know if developers will find many uses for Kinect, but at the very least it means that they won't be afraid to implement it purely because they have to worry about how much of the user base has it.
Plus, by having Kinect be a part of the package, it allows for Microsoft to differentiate themselves from their direct competition in a big way. That's pretty nice from a marketing standpoint, as what made the machine unique from the PS4 largely went away after that big fiasco post-E3. Additionally, to completely abandon something that Microsoft undoubtedly spent lots of money on in R&D would be pretty bad for them.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

SCRAPPER392

Phatosaurus wrote:

Peach64 wrote:

If this is true, Microsoft just dealt a big blow in the christmas sales war

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-19-xbox-one-to-laun...

Almost cancels out the price difference.

I wish they would just sell the Xbone one for £54.99 less instead of bundling in FIFA. I'd be more inclined to buy that way.

They probably have a deal where FIFA costs (i.e.)$15 per console to pre-install on the HDD paid by Microsoft and EA.
The $60 software being included doesn't automatically mean the Xbox One costs that much less than they are selling it for.

Obviously, no one has official data on this subject, but it's more likely the cheaper price they(Microsoft) pay for a FIFA bundle will sell more consoles vs. no game included, and buying FIFA separately.
In otherwords, Microsoft is losing money with this deal, but it will sell more consoles initially which means more software sales later.

EDIT: Also, EA makes fast money. After the deal has run its course, EA will try to cater to those buyers on Xbox One.

This is a rumor anyway...

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Phatosaurus

Sjoerd wrote:

They probably won over Europe as a whole with this move. Isn't Fifa 13 a top 5 seller sincs its launch in the UK?

Keep in mind that the Xbox one isn't launching throughout all of Europe at the same time. A lot of people from the "tier 2" countries will have no choice but to get either a current gen version, or the PS4 version.

Also noteworthy, it's still cheaper to buy a PS4 + Fifa than a Xbone one with a free copy of Fifa.

Edit: I will say, this will definitely give them a big boost in the UK at least.

Edited on by Phatosaurus

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

shingi_70

So the offical launch games list is out. Here's the ones that are exclusive or have exclusive content.

Killer Insticnt
Ryse: Son of Rome
Dead Rising 3
Forza 5:
Crimson Dragon
Lococycle
Powerstar Golf
Zoo Tycoon
Peggle 2
Fighter within
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Fifa 14

WAT!

Gamer83

Great start for MS. The company has really turned things around tremendously since E3. I wonder how much has to do with the change in leadership from Don Mattrick.

Gamer83

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic