Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,666

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,061. Posted:

KAHN wrote:

so... there's a petition to get those policies back... $5 bucks says it's a petition consisting of PS4 fanboys.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,062. Posted:

KAHN wrote:

so... there's a petition to get those policies back... $5 bucks says it's a petition consisting of PS4 fanboys.

However, many of the signatures “supporting” the petition appear to be from PlayStation 4 fans who want the Xbox One to fail.

I think this answers it.

Xbox One [Microsoft, FBI, CIA, NSA] - There on to us.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,063. Posted:

the company revealed for the first time that it has failed to entice many people to buy the product, and the software maker made an unexpected, $900 million writeoff on its unsold Surface inventory. The losses don't end there: On Friday morning, Microsoft shed $30 billion in value after its stock tumbled 10 percent.

Things just keep-on getting better for Microsoft, and people think there back-on track.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

JadeGirl

1,064. Posted:

I was a loyal fan of Microsoft until they messed things up with this new system called Xbox One. Greatly disappointed in the system! I have no idea what they were thinking. I was already annoyed with the fact I have to pay just to play online. I mean really can't use the system without internet!? Can't play used games on the system, epic fail! Who can afford to buy a brand new game every single time? I sure can't. They also focused on entertainment to much... Um why do we buy gaming systems in the first place? To play video games! Not movies and television programming. If I wanted to see movies I will go buy the DVD, cable or get Netflix. I still have not heard if they fixed the problem where if your connecting to internet and then blocked because you have to enter to use the wifi, like at hotels. Have they fixed that yet? That's so frustrating! I wasn't able to play online for 2 months! Then Once I got internet my membership was over. So a complete waste of my money! I don't think Microsoft even cares about the opinions of fans, in fact they don't if they did they would do better! I can officially say I am switching over to Sony! Buying a PS3 next month!

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter: FireRoseWolf

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

1,065. Posted:

JadeGirl wrote:

I was a loyal fan of Microsoft until they messed things up with this new system called Xbox One. Greatly disappointed in the system! I have no idea what they were thinking. I was already annoyed with the fact I have to pay just to play online. I mean really can't use the system without internet!? Can't play used games on the system, epic fail! Who can afford to buy a brand new game every single time? I sure can't. They also focused on entertainment to much... Um why do we buy gaming systems in the first place? To play video games! Not movies and television programming. If I wanted to see movies I will go buy the DVD, cable or get Netflix. I still have not heard if they fixed the problem where if your connecting to internet and then blocked because you have to enter to use the wifi, like at hotels. Have they fixed that yet? That's so frustrating! I wasn't able to play online for 2 months! Then Once I got internet my membership was over. So a complete waste of my money! I don't think Microsoft even cares about the opinions of fans, in fact they don't if they did they would do better! I can officially say I am switching over to Sony! Buying a PS3 next month!

So I'm guessing you haven't heard that the whole always online and bizarre used games policies have been dropped, then?

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

JadeGirl

1,066. Posted:

The_Fox wrote:

So I'm guessing you haven't heard that the whole always online and bizarre used games policies have been dropped, then?

Yep I heard that, but for it to even been considered is insane!

Love is the Answer!
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,067. Posted:

I wouldn't doubt PS4 will try and do TV stuff, too. Movies and music are on everything these days. The thing is gonna play video games. All that TV, music, etc. stuff is a side thing.

Also, they're making it so you can play games with TV shows and stuff. They're just spending money for the hell of it, probably.

Wii U has TVii as well. I've only used it twice and I already have stuff connected to my TV like the Xbox One using ARC on my HDTV without a million inputs on the back. It's just standard stuff, and I don't think it affects how they handle their video games at all.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

JadeGirl

1,068. Posted:

@SCAR392 Yes your going to have to experience tv, music etc. But it just shouldn't be the main subject like the presentation they made it such a big deal! Should be about what new ideas they have created for the games. :(

Love is the Answer!

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,069. Posted:

@JadeGirl
There will be games for Xbox One, no doubt. We all want to see some cool stuff, but that's most likely all they wanted to show for now to give a general idea of the UI layout.

They wanted to show you can go in between games, movies/TV, music, etc. using the Kinect. The Wii U does this stuff with the GamePad already. They're similar features, but they go about it in different ways.

It's remote integration vs. console integration when it comes to TV. Wii U still has yet to have other media, but it's not that big of a deal to me.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

JadeGirl

1,070. Posted:

@SCAR392 I am very interested in the Ryse Game coming out for Xbox... But Its still not enough to make me forgive them. I want Microsoft to do more for their customers and also do away with Gold Membership! That would be very nice! Would be nice to see them get more of their own franchise games I can just number off the games by them alone! They need a lot of more of their own games like Nintendo and Sony has!

Love is the Answer!

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,071. Posted:

@JadeGirl
I don't see Xbox Live Gold going away, but I think they might lower the price or keep the price as it is and give you games once a month/week similar PS+, except you get to keep them.

They've charged tons of people $60 for a year for years, so I think it's in the cards they'll give more back for supporting their console.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

JadeGirl

1,072. Posted:

@SCAR392 Maybe they will. They have to do something. Seeing there sells are dropping.

Love is the Answer!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,073. Posted:

JadeGirl wrote:

@SCAR392 Yes your going to have to experience tv, music etc. But it just shouldn't be the main subject like the presentation they made it such a big deal! Should be about what new ideas they have created for the games. :(

Which is why they had two presentations one aimed at TV and not at you, and the other which was nothing but games.

All of this seems to be made somewhat moot by chromecast anyway.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,074. Posted:

Sony_70: Which is why they had two presentations one aimed at TV and not at you, and the other which was nothing but games.

Microsoft totally screwed themselves at there conference, there are bringing out a "Next-Generation console" to show TV stuff ? are you kidding me. Thay should of have focused on the console features for games & games themselves, as well as E3 as thay have months before release to tell everyone about the TV stuff. All thay've done is fall over themselves from the get go, back tracking on everything which doesn't look good at all. All thay've shown is any vision thay had has all been thrown out of the window because of the back tracking, if thay don't believe in there own product how came you expect customers to believe in it.

Not only that things like Netflix are a subscription based, then Microsoft wants you to pay them to use it, another bad move.

so I think it's in the cards they'll give more back for supporting their console.

I wouldn't bet on that.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,075. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

Sony_70: Which is why they had two presentations one aimed at TV and not at you, and the other which was nothing but games.

Microsoft totally screwed themselves at there conference, there are bringing out a "Next-Generation console" to show TV stuff ? are you kidding me. Thay should of have focused on the console features for games & games themselves, as well as E3 as thay have months before release to tell everyone about the TV stuff. All thay've done is fall over themselves from the get go, back tracking on everything which doesn't look good at all. All thay've shown is any vision thay had has all been thrown out of the window because of the back tracking, if thay don't believe in there own product how came you expect customers to believe in it.

Not only that things like Netflix are a subscription based, then Microsoft wants you to pay them to use it, another bad move.

so I think it's in the cards they'll give more back for supporting their console.

I wouldn't bet on that.

Problem is microsoft is a technology company (more importantly a services and devices company). They were up front the four weeks before when they announced the may 21st event was going to be mostly media with not that many games. It isn't their fault most gamers seemed to have a moment of first grade reading comprehension at that time.

Its like complaining that Google focused too much on chrome at last weeks breakfast conference.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

JadeGirl

1,076. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Which is why they had two presentations one aimed at TV and not at you, and the other which was nothing but games.

All of this seems to be made somewhat moot by chromecast anyway.

Which is absurd. Why are they talking about tv first!? It should be about gaming. Tv should be the last thing they talk about. I'm not watching a presentation to hear about movies! That's the main reason I am a gamer! We love video games! Tell us about those features first!

Another thing that is creepy is this. "An infrared LED on the front of the controller allows Kinect to automatically recognize you, making it easier to pick up and play." YOUR CONTROLLER WILL KNOW WHO YOU ARE." Untitled do not want a computer spying on me! I heard that Microsoft can monitor with the new Kinect. Um no thank you. I do not desire anyone watching me! And the price is extremely high $499. No way am I paying that price for this system. BTW Hope that image shows up. Forgot how to post images.
And another thing that is frustrating is you can use the Xbox One unless you have Kinect! "The Xbox One requires a Kinect to function"

Xbox One is very disappointing.

Edited on by JadeGirl

Love is the Answer!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,077. Posted:

Because Microsoft isn't just a Gaming company and the xbox product line was always a trojan horse into the living room. Google and Apple are planning to make Maor living room plays and Microsoft wants to have the xbox future proofed for the changing landscape of how we consume media. The problem also exists that while Gamers are a valuable market we aren't the only market and certainly not the biggest, Microsoft is in the same boast as Google and Apple where they want to push you inside of your operating system.

Your talk of the kinect always on just shows how much you seem to be projecting and enjoy staying an uninformed consumer to support your rage. Microsoft already confirmed multiple times that you set kinect up they will give you the option of how much data it can receive and share. You canhave it share the full monty (like most services) or it can be turned off to work only with just games,

Food for thought how many Google or apple products do you use on a daily basis. where do you think all the information is going. When you buy a game on a service and they recommend you a similar game what do you honestly think is happening.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

JadeGirl

1,078. Posted:

@Sony_70 Sorry its not rage, its showing disappointment. I just read these articles and they are saying even though they give u options they still will be taking information you don't want taken. I copied and pasted those quotes. One article was written on the 25th of this month. I think that if your a company who has created a gaming sytem for games should stick to that. If you want to create a tv entertainment why not create something for a consumer who enjoys that. Nintendo did not make a big deal about Tv entertainment, they focused on the gaming aspect instead of presenting movies etc first. I am not a real apple fan. I've only owned one apple product. To Expensive and it has problems to which. can be read all over the internet. Microsoft is still saying you can't use the Xbox One unless Kinect is connected to the Xbox.

Love is the Answer!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,079. Posted:

YOu know what I dont get. People are so afraid of this Kinect being attached to the Xbox One. Oh its going to be used to spy on me and they will be able to track my every movement.

So what about that built in webcam on your laptop? I dont see you not using your laptop and being afraid of someone tracking you with that?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,080. Posted:

The problem that there is no such thing as pure gaming device since the PS2/Xbox. It seems you have the old man yelling at clouds situation right now. Its hard to market a console based solely on games which is why Microsoft is going hard with media and apps as well. Look at how poorly the Wii U is doing and the hook is their is pure gaming with media on the side.

Gamers may want a pure gaming box but that no longer is marketable or economically viable at this point.

WAT!