Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 11,903

banacheck

Sony_70: Which is why they had two presentations one aimed at TV and not at you, and the other which was nothing but games.

Microsoft totally screwed themselves at there conference, there are bringing out a "Next-Generation console" to show TV stuff ? are you kidding me. Thay should of have focused on the console features for games & games themselves, as well as E3 as thay have months before release to tell everyone about the TV stuff. All thay've done is fall over themselves from the get go, back tracking on everything which doesn't look good at all. All thay've shown is any vision thay had has all been thrown out of the window because of the back tracking, if thay don't believe in there own product how came you expect customers to believe in it.

Not only that things like Netflix are a subscription based, then Microsoft wants you to pay them to use it, another bad move.

so I think it's in the cards they'll give more back for supporting their console.

I wouldn't bet on that.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

shingi_70

banacheck wrote:

Sony_70: Which is why they had two presentations one aimed at TV and not at you, and the other which was nothing but games.

Microsoft totally screwed themselves at there conference, there are bringing out a "Next-Generation console" to show TV stuff ? are you kidding me. Thay should of have focused on the console features for games & games themselves, as well as E3 as thay have months before release to tell everyone about the TV stuff. All thay've done is fall over themselves from the get go, back tracking on everything which doesn't look good at all. All thay've shown is any vision thay had has all been thrown out of the window because of the back tracking, if thay don't believe in there own product how came you expect customers to believe in it.

Not only that things like Netflix are a subscription based, then Microsoft wants you to pay them to use it, another bad move.

so I think it's in the cards they'll give more back for supporting their console.

I wouldn't bet on that.

Problem is microsoft is a technology company (more importantly a services and devices company). They were up front the four weeks before when they announced the may 21st event was going to be mostly media with not that many games. It isn't their fault most gamers seemed to have a moment of first grade reading comprehension at that time.

Its like complaining that Google focused too much on chrome at last weeks breakfast conference.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

JadeGirl

Sony_70 wrote:

Which is why they had two presentations one aimed at TV and not at you, and the other which was nothing but games.

All of this seems to be made somewhat moot by chromecast anyway.

Which is absurd. Why are they talking about tv first!? It should be about gaming. Tv should be the last thing they talk about. I'm not watching a presentation to hear about movies! That's the main reason I am a gamer! We love video games! Tell us about those features first!

Another thing that is creepy is this. "An infrared LED on the front of the controller allows Kinect to automatically recognize you, making it easier to pick up and play." YOUR CONTROLLER WILL KNOW WHO YOU ARE." Untitled do not want a computer spying on me! I heard that Microsoft can monitor with the new Kinect. Um no thank you. I do not desire anyone watching me! And the price is extremely high $499. No way am I paying that price for this system. BTW Hope that image shows up. Forgot how to post images.
And another thing that is frustrating is you can use the Xbox One unless you have Kinect! "The Xbox One requires a Kinect to function"

Xbox One is very disappointing.

Edited on by JadeGirl

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

shingi_70

Because Microsoft isn't just a Gaming company and the xbox product line was always a trojan horse into the living room. Google and Apple are planning to make Maor living room plays and Microsoft wants to have the xbox future proofed for the changing landscape of how we consume media. The problem also exists that while Gamers are a valuable market we aren't the only market and certainly not the biggest, Microsoft is in the same boast as Google and Apple where they want to push you inside of your operating system.

Your talk of the kinect always on just shows how much you seem to be projecting and enjoy staying an uninformed consumer to support your rage. Microsoft already confirmed multiple times that you set kinect up they will give you the option of how much data it can receive and share. You canhave it share the full monty (like most services) or it can be turned off to work only with just games,

Food for thought how many Google or apple products do you use on a daily basis. where do you think all the information is going. When you buy a game on a service and they recommend you a similar game what do you honestly think is happening.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

JadeGirl

@Sony_70 Sorry its not rage, its showing disappointment. I just read these articles and they are saying even though they give u options they still will be taking information you don't want taken. I copied and pasted those quotes. One article was written on the 25th of this month. I think that if your a company who has created a gaming sytem for games should stick to that. If you want to create a tv entertainment why not create something for a consumer who enjoys that. Nintendo did not make a big deal about Tv entertainment, they focused on the gaming aspect instead of presenting movies etc first. I am not a real apple fan. I've only owned one apple product. To Expensive and it has problems to which. can be read all over the internet. Microsoft is still saying you can't use the Xbox One unless Kinect is connected to the Xbox.

Love is the Answer!
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

Tasuki

YOu know what I dont get. People are so afraid of this Kinect being attached to the Xbox One. Oh its going to be used to spy on me and they will be able to track my every movement.

So what about that built in webcam on your laptop? I dont see you not using your laptop and being afraid of someone tracking you with that?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

shingi_70

The problem that there is no such thing as pure gaming device since the PS2/Xbox. It seems you have the old man yelling at clouds situation right now. Its hard to market a console based solely on games which is why Microsoft is going hard with media and apps as well. Look at how poorly the Wii U is doing and the hook is their is pure gaming with media on the side.

Gamers may want a pure gaming box but that no longer is marketable or economically viable at this point.

WAT!

JadeGirl

@Tasuki When I use my dads laptop I have tape over the cam. And when I am not using my Kinect I unplug it.

Love is the Answer!

Twitter:

JadeGirl

@Son_70 oh no! I am not saying solely gaming. Your missing everything I have said. The main focus should not be on entertainment. That is why people switched over to Sony. Microsoft is losing a lot of fans for this reason. I love the fact I can do lots of things on my 360. I love watching movies. I love the fact Microsoft has it. The fact is where I can skype and plays games at the ssametime. So what they need to do is focus on games first and then entertainment.

Edited on by JadeGirl

Love is the Answer!

Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

@Sony_70
I agree witt your 1,077 post, but the rest was pretty BSie. You didn't even mention GCN as a pure gaming device along with the Xbox/PS2. That's pretty questionable, because GCN was the only thing doing only game like they always have. That's even at a time when they were equal for the most part, with PS2 being weaker and only having DVD playback to beat Sega along with Xbox. I think that's where you're mixing stuff up.
DVD playback and media, IMO has never mattered. The "I got a DVD player right there" argument might sound repetitive, but it's legitimate.
It's not anyone wanting less, or more from their console besides gaming. It's how they go about it.

I think Microsoft still does media better than Sony, but that's not the main appeal. Gaming is always first, and I think these companies get that, that's why I stated it's a side thing.
"Here's our gaming machine, here's what it can on the side".
Nintendo is doing video features as well. That's more proof that it's not that big of a deal. The point is that people want Microsoft to talk about games instead of the other stuff.

The games will happen, so I wouldn't be taking this media thing to heart so much. That's just me though.

EDIT: I just wanted to bring up the GCN thing, because even though I've never really liked PS, I never just blatantly ignored it's presence. That's basically what you just did.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

banacheck

Problem is microsoft is a technology company (more importantly a services and devices company). They were up front the four weeks before when they announced the may 21st event was going to be mostly media with not that many games. It isn't their fault most gamers seemed to have a moment of first grade reading comprehension at that time.

Its like complaining that Google focused too much on chrome at last weeks breakfast conference.

I don't think you get what i'm saying, it was the announcement of a brand new gaming console, you must of heard the saying your first impressions etc? First impressions are often more significant than you might think, Sony's a technology/entertainment company too. The importance should not have been placed on the TV stuff first, that should have come last. Your not buying a console because you want to watch TV etc, your buying it to play games. It's like trying to sell a 4K TV but playing music.

banacheck

shingi_70

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70
I agree witt your 1,077 post, but the rest was pretty BSie. You didn't even mention GCN as a pure gaming device along with the Xbox/PS2. That's pretty questionable, because GCN was the only thing doing only game like they always have. That's even at a time when they were equal for the most part, with PS2 being weaker and only having DVD playback to beat Sega along with Xbox. I think that's where you're mixing stuff up.
DVD playback and media, IMO has never mattered. The "I got a DVD player right there" argument might sound repetitive, but it's legitimate.
It's not anyone wanting less, or more from their console besides gaming. It's how they go about it.

I think Microsoft still does media better than Sony, but that's not the main appeal. Gaming is always first, and I think these companies get that, that's why I stated it's a side thing.
"Here's our gaming machine, here's what it can on the side".
Nintendo is doing video features as well. That's more proof that it's not that big of a deal. The point is that people want Microsoft to talk about games instead of the other stuff.

The games will happen, so I wouldn't be taking this media thing to heart so much. That's just me though.

EDIT: I just wanted to bring up the GCN thing, because even though I've never really liked PS, I never just blatantly ignored it's presence. That's basically what you just did.

I ignored it because it was a pure gaming machine. The PS2/Xbox weren't and started the trend we see today. (you could argue if it was the PS1 since that thing was a good CD player.

Actually the PS2 having a DVD player contributed to a lot of its sales like blu-ray did for the PS3. Similar to the PS3 the PS2 was a cheap and early blu-ray device so eople picked it up, The stragety worked wonders with the PS2 but failed somewhat with the PS3. (PS3 had a very slow start despite helping blu-ray kill HD-DVD)

WAT!

shingi_70

banacheck wrote:

I don't think you get what i'm saying, it was the announcement of a brand new gaming console, you must of heard the saying your first impressions etc? First impressions are often more significant than you might think, Sony's a technology/entertainment company too. The importance should not have been placed on the TV stuff first, that should have come last. Your not buying a console because you want to watch TV etc, your buying it to play games. It's like trying to sell a 4K TV but playing music.

I planned on buying a xbox one based on the video content. As a mediafile and cord cutter all the stuff they showed me were much more compelling than say another Final Fantasy Game might be on the way but you have to wait a minute to get there. It helps I actually follow these companies (the big three Google/apple/MS at least) and I was familer with all of the development studios Microsoft had started up and the 1 billion dollar budget they had put away for games so I wasn't worried.

Plus they straight up said that there was no point in talking games (they did talk Forza, Quantum Break, EA,Collar of suty, and has a teaser revel of the games UI) when E3 was right around the corner. So they chose the segmented route to show off the hardware and one part of the overall vision of the console its self.

The reason they didn't show much is because they didn't want to fall into the Sony trap. Sony arguably only showed off one exclusive game for the PS4 at E3, and the rest of their conference was a rehash of the Playstation meeting a playing it lazy becuase microsoft decided to screw up. Comparng just games announced microsoft had much more and when you compare launches. (granted sony could have more behind closed doors for gamescom and TGS)

PS4
Knack
Killzone Shadowfall
Drive CLub

Xbox One
Dead Rising 3
Killer Insticnt
Lococycle
Zoo Tycoon
Kinect Sports Rivals
Project Spark
D4: episoide One
Ryse Son of Rome

WAT!

banacheck

granted sony could have more behind closed doors for gamescom and TGS

SCEE CEo Jim Ryan spoke to Gamereactor earlier this month and said, There’s a lot coming. I’m sure you heard from Shuhei [Yoshida, president of Sony Worldwide Studios] that he has, just from his studios, 30 games in development. 20 are going to ship within the first year of the console’s life and of those 12 are new IPs, so there’s a lot going on, it’s just that we need to keep stuff back. We’ve got Gamescom for us Europeans and we need something to show at Gamescom.”

The PS4 launch price is a statement of intent on how focused Sony has become, the CEO of Professor Layton studio Level-5 has said.

"I think anyone can look at that and think this is cheap! Putting cutting-edge PC specs into a game machine that costs just a few hundred dollars really brings across how serious SCE is about this generation," he said (via Polygon).

Hino, whose studio is working on an unannounced PS4 title

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

JadeGirl

banacheck wrote:

granted sony could have more behind closed doors for gamescom and TGS

SCEE CEo Jim Ryan spoke to Gamereactor earlier this month and said, There’s a lot coming. I’m sure you heard from Shuhei [Yoshida, president of Sony Worldwide Studios] that he has, just from his studios, 30 games in development. 20 are going to ship within the first year of the console’s life and of those 12 are new IPs, so there’s a lot going on, it’s just that we need to keep stuff back. We’ve got Gamescom for us Europeans and we need something to show at Gamescom.”

The PS4 launch price is a statement of intent on how focused Sony has become, the CEO of Professor Layton studio Level-5 has said.

"I think anyone can look at that and think this is cheap! Putting cutting-edge PC specs into a game machine that costs just a few hundred dollars really brings across how serious SCE is about this generation," he said (via Polygon).

Hino, whose studio is working on an unannounced PS4 title

I agree with both your post. First impressions are always good and Microsoft failed at their first presentation before the E3. Sony has done very well and they have a lot more to announce!

Love is the Answer!

Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

@Sony_70
That's all good and fine, but for those of us that didn't care about DVD(I was 9 years old), DVD didn't mean much and all we cared about was Smash Bros. and Luigi's Mansion. I understand it helped sales, but the Xbox had DVD, too, and it didn't mean as much. GCN and Xbox were better machines to actually play video games on, but the value wasn't there in comparison to the PS2.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic