Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 10,061 to 10,080 of 11,914

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

• If so, does that mean the Series S won't run it any better than a One S would?

It will almost definitely run it at the max frame rate they set for the One S. So if the game is targeting 900p and 30fps, then I'm guessing the One S will have a lot of frame rate issues, but the Series S will be constant 30fps.
Hopefully the patch will then let you have 60fps 1080p or 30fps 1440p.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Banjo-

NEStalgia wrote:

PC gaming still is a money sink. It's upgradable only if the io isn't different..... And in my experience the io is always different with any jump anyway. A3070 build is 500 for the gpu, then you need mobo, ram, psu, chassis, cpu, ssd (nvme anyway?)....1500-2000+ vs 500.... X is a bargain as well. And even if theres mid gen refreshes again, another 500 still just matches a gpu upgrade anyway!

That explains why Series X is great value and why is pointless comparing it to a high-end PC for 99% of the world population. Series S is almost unbelievable value.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

redd214

So what's everyone doing for tv stands for these new behemoths? I know both the ps5/Series X can be placed horizontal but it just seems from my view they are definitely "designed" to be vertical especially from a styling standpoint. Been using the Ikea Kallax for years but obviously that won't work and I've been struggling to find one that's the right dimensions for vertical and decent airflow, but also not 3 or 4 hundred bucks. Wondering what others are planing on doing?

redd214

Octane

@redd214 I'm buying a new TV stand anyway, so I'll just have to make sure it's big enough.

Octane

redd214

@Octane Thanks for that. To be clearer I was more so looking for links/recommendations/specific stands folks plan on using.

redd214

Octane

@redd214 I've been eyeing the fjällbo TV unit from IKEA. I don't know about the dust, but it will benefit the air flow. Hope this helps.

Octane

redd214

@Octane that's a nice one and I've looked at it in person before, doesn't solve the vertical issue though for me, appreciate the suggestion!

redd214

NEStalgia

@redd214 we don't even have dimensions for ps5 yet.... It might be a little early for shelf shopping. Based on rumor and that pic from the factory, that thing is freaking ginormous for a console. If that verifies, I'm not sure there's any stand with enough shelf space between shelves for vertical use... It would have to go on the tvs shelf itself.

And XSeX vents the exhaust upwards, so it needs serious clearance above.

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia thanks for answering. There are plenty I've seen with enough height/space for vertical placement based on estimates. Just wondering what others are planning to get more ideas before pulling the trigger, thanks.

redd214

Grumblevolcano

ODST is coming to PC and ODST Firefight is coming to both PC and XB1 on September 22nd.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@BlueOcean I guess you could be right about Flight Sim after all, I forgot it got a trailer at X019 and there's no platforms listed so it may be a sign that the XB1 version got cancelled sometime before that event.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Banjo-

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@BlueOcean I guess you could be right about Flight Simulator after all, I forgot it got a trailer at X019 and there's no platforms listed so it may be a sign that the XB1 version got cancelled sometime before that event.

I told you ha ha.

Banjo-

Banjo-

Final Fantasy XVI "Not available on other platforms for a limited time after release on PS5". No need to panic, it has happened before with some Final Fantasy games, it will be released on Xbox the following year.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Blooper987

@BlueOcean but will it release on switch??? 🤪😭😜

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Tendo64

Fired up my Xbox One S yesterday for the first time in a while, and started playing through Banjo-Kazooie on Rare Replay. Hadn't played BK on this console before despite owning the Rare Replay game for a fair while, and I'm pretty impressed with how it's been ported. Hadn't touched it previously for fear of it being butchered.

Better late than never I suppose, and a bit of platforming to get me pumped and ready for Friday with 3D All-Stars.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Grumblevolcano

With PS5 preorders (some retailers today, the rest tomorrow) going up before Series S and Series X, we'll have a good idea of how fast preorders will sell out.

Grumblevolcano

Blooper987

@BruceCM it could... If there’s a pocket edition at least.😢

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

BruceCM

Yeah but that'd be on Switch 2, @Blooper987.... Possible, at least

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic